• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Apples to Apples: Pokémon Version (Reboot)

wildjr

Some Random Dude
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2018
INTRODUCTION:
So, have you guys played Apples To Apples? Well, here is a Pokémon version! Well, actually a reboot of the original game, created by Volkner.

RULES:
Spoiler:

SPECIAL ROUNDS
Spoiler:

SIGNED UP PARTICIPANTS:
Spoiler:

HALL OF WINNERS:
Spoiler:

If you would like to join in, simply post "I would like to join", or something similar. Since I don't want to crowd up this thread, I won't be replying to your post, but a LIKE on your sign-up post means that you're accepted for the next round! And also that we hope you enjoy the game! New participants can join in immediately in some cases, and may not have to wait for the next round. This is only if it is within the first few days of the round and/or no one has replied yet. It is, however, subject to me being available at the time.

ROUND IN PROGRESS: Round 6
CURRENT ADJECTIVE: FURRY
ROUND ENDS: May 22nd, 2014 @12:00 PM GMT

Last edited:

wildjr

Some Random Dude
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2018
Black Ninetales, you're in!

Also, a small rule change (updated in the main post): A like on your sign-up post from me means that you're accepted for the next round! I don't want to crowd up this thread too much... :)

EDIT: Just saw I mixed up two names... sigh... this is what happens when I multitask. Sorry, Black Ninetales, I corrected it

Last edited:

wildjr

Some Random Dude
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2018
Change of plans! We begin NOW!

I'll be PMing you your Pokemon within the next few minutes. Good Luck!

---------------------------------------------------------​

EDIT: Here's the first adjective:

VULNERABLE: susceptible to physical or emotional attack or harm.

All you have to do is use one of your cards that I PMed you. Just post the name of the Pokemon here to use it. Try to make it so that the Pokemon matches up to the quality. And remember, a Pokemon once used is gone forever!

This round ends Monday, February 17th, 2014 @12:00 Noon GMT. No entries will be accepted after this time. The next time I'm on, I'll pick a winner, then PM you a replacement to the card you used up and then post the next adjective.

Last edited:

wildjr

Some Random Dude
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2018
AND THE WINNER OF ROUND ONE IS...
Spoiler:

Congratulations!

The next adjective is out! Check the main post!

Seviper and Luvdisc can no longer be used in play. I will PM you a new card instead. Also, sam41803 will lose a random card and receive a new one. Check your PMs in about 15 minutes

With the next round, we will have a few rule changes:

• Rounds will only last 5 days instead of 7, and can end earlier if everyone has already played their next card
  • Any player who does not participate for 3 straight rounds will be booted (kicked out). However, he/she can sign up again. If booted twice, however, you cannot sign up again, so keep that in mind if you. are planning to re-sign up
  • New participants can join in immediately in some cases, and may not have to wait for the next round. This is only if it is within the first few days of the round and/or no one has replied yet. It is, however, subject to me being available at the time.

These rules have been added to the main thread

ArceusIsPower, you are in for the next round! Your name has been added to the participants list. Watch your PMs for your 6 Pokemon!

Last edited:

wildjr

Some Random Dude
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2018
The next adjective is up! Check the end of the main post. Good Luck, everyone!

Squirrel, I'll send you your 6 Pokemon via PM

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Fast? Hmmm.. I think I'll go for Dugrtio since he's the king of speed from Kanto that earned his name through exactly that asset - of course this was back when Speed was directly related to critical hit chance so he's lost a bit of his stride now :(

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
...Fast? Yeah... I'll do Hawlucha. It's one of the 30 fastest Pokémon (apparently) and I got nothing else.

wildjr

Some Random Dude
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2018
And the winner is...
Spoiler:

Announcement!
Due to personal reasons, the next round will be delayed by a few days. I'm sorry, guys, but I'll be back ASAP

wildjr

Some Random Dude
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2018
And the adjective for Round 3 is
Deadly: causing or able to cause death

Good Luck! This round ends on 4th March @12:00 Noon!

In other news, I'll update the main post as soon as I can with the new adjective, and winners of Round 3. Also, sign ups are still open, so call your friends!

Back