• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions (FAQ in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
So 170Hp/ 170Def./ and 170 Sp.Def right? Would I have to run stalling moves like thunder wave and toxic with this setup or can I still go on the offense with Tri Attack or Ice Beam?

That EV spread is rather inefficient. For bulky Pokemon, maximum HP should take priority. An example EV spread is 252 HP/200 Def/56 SDef with a Calm nature. This lets Porygon2 avoid the 2HKO from Excadrill's Earthquake. A more balanced bulk EV spread is 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef with Calm.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 11, 2016
Another option is to use seismic toss e.g. with Chansey or Blastoise which will 3HKO the Shuckle so it won't be able to survive using rest since everything outspeeds it.

Years
Shuckle used to be reasonably good but in the current meta it's pretty easy to walk through. It has no recovery or immunities and even with Shell Smash no offensive potential at all. Just poison/burn it and spam super-effective moves and you'll finish it easily.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
You can be pretty creative against those purely defensive mons. Their main problem is the lack of offensive presense, making them easily setup fodder; stuff like SD Bisharp, TG Manaphy and pretty much any Pokemon that has access to Substitute and Calm Mind. Taunt is also pretty good in shutting them down.

Even in case they managed to set up on you, you can still use Moves like Haze, Whirlwind and Roar to get rid of their boosts, meaning they have to set up again. And if you want to be really gimmicky, you could still use something with a bigger HP stat, that has access to Final Gambit.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 8, 2016
Team building Grass and electric pokemon

Trying to find some good grass and electric type Pokemon for my team what would you recommend?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 9, 2022
Hey, I was wondering if I could get some help with my SD Mega Venusaur EV spread? I'm looking at running Jolly with 236 in Speed to outspeed max speed Timid Heatran and smack it with EQ (as Heatran's Fire Blast does around 50%). Or, I could not worry about Heatran and just go with Adamant with 100 in Speed to outspeed max Speed Azumarill?

Also, as a general rule - I know generally speaking odd HP gives an extra switch in when Stealth Rocks are on the field, but is it necessary for Pokemon like Mega Venusaur who aren't weak to Rocks?

Thanks for your help!

Just bumping this as it got lost amidst the Porgyon talk :)

Years
That does depend a fair bit on what kind of a team you're building.

Offensively Raikou, Thundurus and Mega-Manectric are all powerful and threatening Electric sweepers that can run through poorly prepared or frail teams. For Grass types Serperior is really the only noteable Grass-type although there are offensive variants of Mega-Venusaur that sometimes show up and Mega-Sceptile could be useful on the right team.

Defensively Zapdos is pretty damn good and is the only worthwhile defensive Electric Pokemon. As for Grass types Amoongus, Ferrothorn and Mega-Venusaur are fantastic defensive options whilst Celebi can function quite well on some teams also.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Candy/Sweet Pokemon

What are all the Candy/Sweet Pokemon? I'm making a list for my future themed teams.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Ones that look like candy or that are actually candy related pokemon in their pokedex species entries? If just looking like Candy I would say

Swirlix/Slurpuff
Vanilite/Vanilish/Vanilux

And that's honestly the only ones I can think of out of all of them. There's potentially Sptrizee/Aromatisse, but that's more of a perfume kind of sweet, not a candy kind of sweet. And if you're really stretching Cherubi (cherries) but that's honestly all I can think of

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
Shedinja moveset

Building a doubles team and I already have my golduck which will be learning soak soon. But I don't have an idea on a moveset for the shedinja I have. Any help?

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Mine is holding Safety goggles, and knows Phantom Force, Dig, X-Scissor and confuse Ray (although I suppose you could do toxic in that place as well) and the whole point of it is to be gone for every other turn so it can't be hit (even during Dig, Earthquake can't hit because of Wonderguard) and to just annoy the heck out of the opponent

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
If you're real, give it Final Gambit.

Try Protect, Will-o-Wisp, Shadow Sneak, X-Scissor and give it a Focus Sash. Defenses don't matter too much unless you're running into an opponent who has a mon with Download, so EVs all go into Attack and Speed.

Unfortunately, Shedinja doesn't have much of a use in Doubles, outside of some minor niches. Suppose, you could also try running Toxic on it and see where you get with that.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 11, 2016
Countering Mega Altaria

Ahh, hacked shiny perfect mega altaria. How I hate you. But what counter would be best for dealing with one?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Provided that Mega Altaria doesn't have Earthquake, Heatran is its best counter, as it walls both of its STABs and can use Flash Cannon to hit it super effectively.

Mega Venusaur is also good, as its bulk is stupidly good enough to let it shrug off whatever Mega Altaria can throw at it.

More info here: http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/altaria/ou/ (scroll to Checks and Counters)

Cyndaquil99

PoKeMoN Master
Years
How to build this Eevee

While breeding for my Umbreon, I got a shiny Eevee that won't fit for my Umbreon.

IVs: All perfect but SpDef
Nature: Careful
Ability: Run away
Moves: Helping Hand, Growl, Tackle, Tail whip.

What Eeveeloution should I evolve it into?
What EVs should I give it?
What moves should I give it?
What Item should I give it?

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Alright, are you sure this doesn't belong in Battling and Team Building?

But anyway, unless you want an Eevee that is absolutely perfect, I'd go ahead and make this an Umbreon anyway (Sylveon could work as well, though). Though, if I might ask, what is it's Sp. Def IV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back