• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions (FAQ in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Well, you should try to figure it out, because if it's decent, you could still invest in an Umbreon.

Years
Can I make my Regirock Work?

So I have always loved Regirock. Not really sure why but I like it. I caught it last week and it has a Brave Nature with max IV's in Attack, Defense, and Speed. How should I invest it's EV's? Should it be used only for trick rooms or can I make it work in singles or doubles without trick room? I looked at smogon but no one recommends a brave nature. Please tell me there is a way.

Mr. Meme

Me? Acting serious? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Years
Considering you have max Attack and Defense, you could try running a Curse set. Max out your HP and Attack, with 4 EVs in Defense investment. Besides the obvious Rock STAB in the form of either Rock Slide or Stone Edge, you should also run Earthquake as coverage. You could try running Thunder Wave as utility. If you don't mind having to spend a turn recovering from the debuffs, you could try Superpower.

Years
Considering you have max Attack and Defense, you could try running a Curse set. Max out your HP and Attack, with 4 EVs in Defense investment. Besides the obvious Rock STAB in the form of either Rock Slide or Stone Edge, you should also run Earthquake as coverage. You could try running Thunder Wave as utility. If you don't mind having to spend a turn recovering from the debuffs, you could try Superpower.

Thank you for the input. I will reflect on this.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
How cometitively viable is Hasty Greninja?

It's fine as long as none of its offensive stats aren't lowered. Also, this below set is viable only in Battle Spot, as Greninja is banned to Ubers and Attack Deoxys does all-out attacking better:
-Hydro Pump/Low Kick
-Ice Beam
-Gunk Shot
-Dark Pulse/Grass Knot/Hidden Power (Fire)/Extrasensory
Nature: Hasty/Naive
EVs: 40 Atk/216 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Protean

Outlier

Thanks, I heard that naive Greninja is more viable but hasty will have to do for now.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 6, 2017
My SO's favorite Pokemon is Miltank and he also enjoys playing with Pokemon that aren't necessarily top tier. If I'm giving him a Miltank as a gift, what egg moves and nature should I ensure I give it to make it as competitively viable as possible? I don't need a full moveset, just the options I should ensure are there. I was thinking Impish, Thick Fat with Curse.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
So 2 things:

1) Does Psychic Terrain prevent both players from using priority moves?
2) Does Light Clay extend Aurora Veil's duration or no?

Years
So 2 things:

Psychic Terrain prevents any grounded Pokemon from being hit by priority moves. e.g. If Tapu Lele were to be running Air Balloon it would still be hit by Bullet Punch. This means Flying-types can still be hit by priority moves in Psychic Terrain. I've personally tested these situations.

Light Clay does extend Aurora Veil's duration. You can even Reflect and Light Screen while Aurora Veil is up for triple screens though I'm not sure why you'd want to.

Reactions: Nah

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
So 2 things:

1. Yes. However it does not prevent non-targeted priority moves such as Prankster Tailwind.

Reactions: Nah

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Can you use Z-status moves (like Z-Conversion for example) more than once or is it like the attacks where it's only once per battle?

Years
Drifblim Moveset Thoughts?

Ok, I'm not a serious competitive battler, but I still like to come up with solid movesets for my single-player mons. Here's what I was thinking of for Drifblim:

Drifblim @Leftovers
Phantom Force
Fly
Protect
Toxic or Will-o-Wisp

The idea is to use Toxic or WoW, then combine Fly or Phantom Force with Protect to make Drifblim only vulnerable every 3rd turn. This would basically triple the effectiveness of leftovers and the opponent's status ailment.

Here's a question though, would y'all replace Phantom Force with Hex? Hex would have a higher power after the opponent is poisoned / burned (130 over 90 I think), but Phantom Force would allow for an extra turn of invulnerability for the stalling strategy.

What would you do?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Ok, I'm not a serious competitive battler, but I still like to come up with solid movesets for my single-player mons. Here's what I was thinking of for Drifblim:

Drifblim @Leftovers
Phantom Force
Fly
Protect
Toxic or Will-o-Wisp

The idea is to use Toxic or WoW, then combine Fly or Phantom Force with Protect to make Drifblim only vulnerable every 3rd turn. This would basically triple the effectiveness of leftovers and the opponent's status ailment.

Here's a question though, would y'all replace Phantom Force with Hex? Hex would have a higher power after the opponent is poisoned / burned (130 over 90 I think), but Phantom Force would allow for an extra turn of invulnerability for the stalling strategy.

What would you do?

Is this for in-game, or for PvP? I think Phantom Force + Toxic is a lot more damage in the long run, but Hex + any status ailment gives you an offensive tool right off the bat. I'd personally go with Phantom Force since it sounds a lot more fun to use :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back