• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

White Team.

14Henderson7

Poke'Maniac
Years
After ditching my old idea of my last team I played around a bit and came up with this. It's in testing as well as in the process of EV Training.

Ferrothorn.gif

@ Leftovers
Brave
Iron Barbs
106 Hp // 252 Atk // 152 Def
-Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Seed Bomb
-Substitute

Snorlax.gif

@ Scope Lens
Brave
Thick Fat
4 Hp // 252 Atk // 252 SpD
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Giga Impact
-Earthquake

excadrill_sprite_move.gif

@ Focus Band
Jolly
Sand Rush
4 Hp // 252 Atk // 252 Spe
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Brick Break
-Shadow Claw

635.gif

@ Life Orb
Mild
Levitate
148 Atk // 252 SpA // 108 Spe
-Dragon Pulse
-Dark Pulse
-Focus Blast
-Earthquake

Chandelure2.gif
(Shiny)
@ Choice Scarf
Modest
Flame Body
4 Hp // 252 SpA // 252 Spe
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Flamethrower
-Psychic

479e.png

@ Choice Specs
Modest
Levitate
-Hydro Pump
-Volt Switch
-Shadow Ball
-Dark Pulse​

Fixes are welcomed.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
The only Poke you have that can beat Roobushin is SR weak and choiced, that's something you should probably look into.

Snorlax should probably get Leftovers with Body Slam > Giga Impact. Excadrill needs Life Orb > Focus Band. Lastly I'd use Thunderbolt > Dark Pulse on Rotom for another option if you don't want to volt switch out. Besides, Shadow Ball hits everything for supper effective that Dark Pulse does.

Good luck with your team. :D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey there and thanks for posting a new team! We always like to see people come back with fresh ideas. :]

On that note, I'd like to mention that this team is vastly different from your last. And it's very clear that you've both done your homework and invested a lot of time into considering your options. There are a few problems that we will address, but it's obvious that you're moving in the right direction. Well done!

Next, I'd like to second Ooka's statement.

Ferrothorn.gif

@ Leftovers
Brave
Iron Barbs
106 Hp // 252 Atk // 152 Def
-Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Seed Bomb
-Substitute

Your Ferrothorn seems a little funny. A standard set looks like this:

Ferrothorn
@ Leftovers / Shed Shell
Iron Barbs
252 HP / 48 Defense / 208 Special Defense
Relaxed [+Defense; -Speed]
- Spikes / Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball / Protect / Thunder Wave
- Power Whip / Protect

As I'm sure you know, Spikes / Stealth Rock and Leech Seed work very well on Ferrothorn. Gyro Ball and Power Whip are both STAB attacks that can hit most of the metagame for neutral damage and basically the only attacks that Ferrothorn can use best short of Bulldoze. However, because of minimal investment in Attack, Protect can be an attractive option for Scouting and stalling for Leech Seed / Leftovers recovery. The final move I haven't mentioned is Thunder Wave which, despite having limited synergy with Gyro Ball, can effectively shut down many of Ferrothorn's common counters. Now, this may not be what you are going for in your Ferrothorn.. but the Natures and EVs are just a bit off. Like, a Brave nature can be used on Ferrothorn if you're using a Choice Item or something to that effect. So, let us know what your intentions are for Ferrothorn and if you're purposefully altering it.

Snorlax.gif

@ Scope Lens
Brave
Thick Fat
4 Hp // 252 Atk // 252 SpD
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Giga Impact
-Earthquake

It looks like your combining sets here (as with Ferrothorn to some degree). A standard Rest+Sleep Talk Snorlax has some different attributes than yours, as your Snorlax seems to share characteristics with a more offensive set. Because of this, it is somewhat hard for us to determine exactly what you want to do with your Snorlax. Your EVs and attack choice lean to an offensive or Choice set, while your use of Rest and Sleep Talk focus more on survivability and longevity. That being said, I'm going to give you the ResTalk set which again, places more emphasis on Snorlax's ability to stick around in battle (although, a spread of 252 Attack / 4 Defense / 252 Special Attack has been used with RestTalk if you specifically are using Snorlax as a Special Wall. Again, this is why it's somewhat hard to rate).

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Thick Fat
208 HP / 124 Defense / 176 Special Defense
Careful [+Special Defense; -Special Attack]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Body Slam
- Whirlwind

Because of Snorlax's stellar Special Defense, access to a phazing move in Whirlwind, and large HP, Snorlax does make an excellent user of ResTalk. Body Slam makes it's usefulness primarily because of the 30% Paralysis chance and a lack of necessity for EV investment in Attack. Lastly, Whirlwind is a great strategic maneuver for keeping Snorlax alive, especially if the opponent is already Paralyzed. Once again, if you want a more offensive Snorlax, let us know. I do feel obligated to mention, however, that moves like Giga Impact are rarely seen in competitive battling. Despite their power, two-turn moves like that give your opponent a chance to set up against you.

Also, if you're just looking for a bulky Pokemon, you may find better options than Snorlax out there. Again, this is a case of letting us know what you want.

excadrill_sprite_move.gif

@ Focus Band
Jolly
Sand Rush
4 Hp // 252 Atk // 252 Spe
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Brick Break
-Shadow Claw

Your Excadrill set looks pretty good, however I should say that I don't quite understand the use of the Focus Band. Personally, I think Excadrill gets more out of an Air Balloon (or Life Orb / Choice Band), but I suppose since it's ban the rules have changed. Anyway, usually Excadrill runs Return-- for hitting Rotom-W, Gliscor, and Landorus, or X-Scissor-- for hitting Bronzong with neutral damage and destroying Dark, Psychic, and Grass types, as opposed to Brick Break or Shadow Claw. Also, give some thought to Swords Dance. Excadrill does very well with it.

635.gif

@ Life Orb
Mild
Levitate
148 Atk // 252 SpA // 108 Spe
-Dragon Pulse
-Dark Pulse
-Focus Blast
-Earthquake

Hydreigon doesn't actually need EV investment in Attack, and I will explain that in a moment.

Hydreigon
@ Life Orb / Expert Belt
Levitate
4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
Modest [+Special Attack; -Attack]
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast / U-Turn

Draco Meteor and Dark Pulse are your best STAB options and Fire Blast hits Steels planning to switch in on a Draco Meteor for super effective damage. The last move slot goes to Focus Blast or U-Turn. Focus Blast rounds Hydreigon out perfectly, giving it perfect coverage and destroying Heatran (who walls Hydreigon's other moves) and Tyranitar. U-Turn however, allows Hydreigon to function very well as a Scout, gives Hydreigon a way to deal with Special Walls like Blissey before switching to a counter, and a good method of switching out in the case of reckless Draco Meteoring. So, because of what U-Turn is, Hydreigon benefits much more with having Natures and EVs enabling Special Attack more than anything.

Chandelure2.gif
(Shiny)
@ Choice Scarf
Modest
Flame Body
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Flamethrower
-Psychic

You have the right idea with Chandelure, but there's a little more you can do to get the most out of this Pokemon. First, Fire Blast / Overheat are superior STAB choices to Flamethrower. Due to Chandelure's amazing Special Attack and sheer frailty, you can imagine Chandelure won't be sticking around in battle for long anyway. The principle of the matter is; hit as hard as you can and switch out. Overheat nurtures this well, but Fire Blast doesn't lower your Special Attack. Plus, because of Chandelure's immunity to Fire (given you're using Flash Fire) and Fighting, Chandelure has a bit easier time switching in. Shadow Ball is your secondary STAB option, and equally as good. The same applies with Energy Ball, allowing Chandelure to hit the common Politoed switch-ins. Lastly, Hidden Power [Fighting] makes a better choice than Psychic for it's ability to hit Tyranitar and Hydreigon for super effective damage.

479e.png

@ Choice Specs
Modest
Levitate
-Hydro Pump
-Volt Switch
-Shadow Ball
-Dark Pulse

Rotom-W is another Pokemon who you are on the right track with. Once again, it needs some minimal tweaking. First, Hidden Power [Fire / Ice] should be used in place of Shadow Ball. HP [Fire] will kill off any remaining Steels (those who can actually keep up with Rotom-W's STABs) particularly Ferrothorn, while HP [Ice] deals with any Dragons. It's especially known for being able to revenge kill a +1 Speed Dragonite. So, the choice is up to you and what you think your team needs more help with. Lastly, Trick should be used in place of Dark Pulse. Trick is going to allow Rotom-W to completely cripple Special Walls like Blissey, Chancey, and the likes who otherwise wall this set.

Hope this was helpful! Well done and good luck! :D

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Excadrill is uber and as thus is banned in standard play.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Only people that run by Smogon standards, there are many other communities that play with rules different than Smogon's. :P

But yeah, I suppose if you'd like your team to be compatible anywhere, you could get rid of Excadrill.

Also *comments Alexial's amazingly detailed post*

14Henderson7

Poke'Maniac
Years
*Applaud*

I applaud you on your excellent detail of changing. And now that I see where you're coming from, I'm going to do some more homework and come out with a newer team. This time I'll throw some descriptions on what role they play.

Back