• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

You know Pokemon is trolling you when...

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
When I see rustling grass the pokemon always seems to appear. If I dont apply a repel wild pokemon troll me

Well, walking on a rustling grass patch guarantees a Pokémon encounter.

Only in caves and on bridges do the special spots (dust clouds and shadows) have items associated to them.

Years
When Watchog gets me with Hypnosis, and I'm sleeping for the next 5 turns, but when I do the same thing it takes me several turns to even hit the opponent, and it wakes up the next turn.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
@Pingouin: Maybe they mean they encounter a Pokemon before the rustling grass? That happens to me a lot. ;P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
When you catch a Riolu, only to find a FEMALE Riolu after you've trained yours up a bit. >> Or when you look for an hour for a Pokemon, catch it, stay in the area to train, and then keep finding a ton of what you're looking for. Or when you're not looking for the rare Pokemon of the area and keep finding it anyway. So rude, game. Just...so rude.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
You know Pokemon is trolling you when enemy's Persian gets Critical Hit seven times in a row. Heck, the whole Stadium game is a big troll. The opponent gets a Critical two out of three times. That's just mean when you're playing with rentals.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah PokeInfuse, if that happened to you, you've been blessed!

You know Pokemon is trolling you when Dawn has a female Chimchar at the beginning of the game and it becomes male when you tag up with her to battle Team Galactic in Jubilife City.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
When after a tough and very long battle against a legendary Pokémon, you finally get it to its last 1 or 2 HPs and make it fall asleep, then throw an Ultra Ball at it... and then it breaks free, wakes up and uses Struggle.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
You know Pokemon is trolling you when the chances of getting a DW Dragonite in Black 2 & White 2 are less than 1% if you're using the Hidden Grottoes.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
You know Pokemon is trolling you when your Pokemon dies of confusion in a Nuzlocke. (lets just say my plan to activate Blaze backfired).

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
When you catch a Riolu, only to find a FEMALE Riolu after you've trained yours up a bit. >> Or when you look for an hour for a Pokemon, catch it, stay in the area to train, and then keep finding a ton of what you're looking for. Or when you're not looking for the rare Pokemon of the area and keep finding it anyway. So rude, game. Just...so rude.

Oh yes this! Feels like the game hates us

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
To quote a recently sent e-mail:

BTW, this guy is NOT on PokeCommunity as of yet. (I think)

Here I am ^-^ This has happened multiple times actually. I fish to add when pokemon trolls you when you have a Jirachi /Volcrano but is effected by ground type moves. (Floating)

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
a pokemon trolling moment is when you find a shiny geodude and you get it to red health. you throw the pokeball it breaks out of it and uses self destruct.
Or if that geodude runs.. i saw a shiny Geodude on one of the sevi islands, i got it to red health, i threw a few ultra balls to catch it. it broke out of all of them and ran.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I forgot to mention this one: when a critical hit KOs the Pokémon you're trying to catch. More frustrating if that Pokémon in question is very hard to find.

Back