• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

2nd Gen Ho-Oh or Lugia?

Ho-Oh or Lugia?

• [img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/0/0f/Spr_2c_249.gif[/img]

Votes: 59 72.0%
  • [img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/c/cb/Spr_2c_250.gif[/img]

Votes: 23 28.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
I lean towards Lugia, probably because I started out with Silver and >nostalgia. Also, Lugia can talk in movie 2. Let's see Ho-Oh do that!

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Well since this is the Metal Generation, as a child I liked Lugia better, he looked cooler, and had a great story in the anime, idk I just liked him better, now I like them equally after playing HeartGold xD

MattyJ

Serial Procrastinator
Years
I lean towards Lugia, probably because I started out with Silver and >nostalgia. Also, Lugia can talk in movie 2. Let's see Ho-Oh do that!

I can see Pokemon the Movie 2000 definitely influencing my preference for Lugia as favourite 'legendary bird' from the GSC series. Despite playing Gold first, I've never really been a fan of Ho-oh (and bought SoulSilver when the remakes were made).

Raczack

Gunslinger
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 27, 2015
Aeroblast almost sealed this for me back in the day, but being that I had Gold a newly caught Lugia would never know this wonderful move. Given that, Ho-oh got a bit more battle time from me. I quite like it more these days whereas Lugia I find somehow miss-able.

Years
I prefer much Lugia, just because of it being a water flying type if i remember well, and for the great sprite it had. In less words: i find Lugia cooler than Ho-Oh xD

MichaelSK16

Pokemon Connoisseur
Years
Lugia is cooler. Did Ho-Oh star as the main legendary in a movie? Didn't think so. Case closed.]

On a more serious note, I liked Lugia more because I felt that Ho-Oh was too flashy for my liking. Lugia was a simple design and I always felt that Aeroblast was an awesome move, which helps.

Years
HO-OH <3 <3 <3

It's just one of my most favorite Pokémon ever. I love phoenixes and Ho-Oh has such nice colors. To me, it resembles majesty altogether. And the fact that it never appeared in a Pokémon movie makes it so much more special and mysterious than the others <3

dragonfly_dust

Look at my avatar! Nuff said.
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
Lugia because my sister kept kicking my butt in battles with it when I was little.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I personally have always preferred Lugia over Ho-Oh. Even though I like Fire types much more, The Power of One pulled me over to Lugia.​

This, pretty much. The Power of One was (and still is) my favourite Pokémon film, so I went with Lugia, despite generally loving Fire-types. I do like Ho-Oh as well, just Lugia seems more epic.​

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
Lugia easily! ive never liked Ho-Oh (one of my least favorite legendary pokemon) but i admit they both have frigid designs. Even tho Ho-Oh is one of my least favorite legendary pokemon, you can't go wrong with LEGENDARY POKEMON

Back