• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Shiny Pokémon you don't like?

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
color wise, what shiny Pokémon don't you like? which Pokémon do you prefer the original colors vs the shiny colors?

I HATE Shiny Reshirams!! take a beautiful Pokémon make it shiny and I have a bias against it. don't mess with perfection... I'd ask a normal Reshiram for its hand in marriage but a Shiny, I would tell it to go bother someone else, I don't need you...

Shiny Latios, green??? YUCK

Shiny Moltres, now I don't like them but I would give one a chance...

what shinys don't you like the color for?

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
I can't think of all the shinies off the top of my head but I think most of them are pretty interesting.

I'm not a fan of shinies that aren't really that different from their normal color. Seems kind of pointless. Like Pikachu or Garchomp.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I can't think of all the shinies off the top of my head but I think most of them are pretty interesting.

I'm not a fan of shinies that aren't really that different from their normal color. Seems kind of pointless. Like Pikachu or Garchomp.

Likewise. However, the concept of shiny Reshiram was quite interesting, golden rings. I dislike Gabite and Garchomp's shiny formes in particular, as Gible had a very cute shiny appearance. I think it is OK not to go that far off-colour unless the pre-evo had.

Sirfetch’d

I don't really dislike a whole lot of shinies, but one that I cannot stand to look at is Druddigon. This thing is hideous in it's normal colors and twice as bad shiny :I
621.png

Years
Shiny Diglett and Dugtrio have been my only legit shinies in over ten years of playing Pokemon. I was so excited and simultaneously disappointed when that Diglett appeared -_-
050.gif
051.gif

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Dragonite. Who thought green and pink was a good idea? Admittedly, it looks fine in GSC, when shinies were introduced.
A lot of shinies have very mismatched colours, enough that it might even be easier for me to list those I do like.

Years
Any of those "puke green" colored shinies. For example the likes of Jolteon, Espeon, and Sudowoodo. Dragonite is one of those "poop" green colors and I really don't like that as well.

Also shinies that have the almost exactly the color as its non-shiny counterparts. I'm looking at you, Garchomp.

Years
Most of the green-colored shinies, but only if the green is not a shade I like, i.e. Dragonite, Druddigon, Bronzor/Bronzong. Also, most with colors that are almost identical to the normal colors, Garchomp being the worst offender.

Also, that pink color on Rotom looks so weird.

Years
Man I hate all shiny legendaries. Ewww they suck big time.. Top shiny haters are Arceus, Reshiram and Zekrom. I think the legendaries should exempt from Shiny categories..

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
The shiny color schemes of Krokorok, Krookodile and Excadrill hurt my eyes. I also don't like shiny Garchomp because it looks similar to its original version.

Years
Even if some of the shiny color schemes are eye-numbingly bad, I still prefer those to shinies that are just a shade darker or lighter compared to normal (a lot of Electric Pokemon fall under this category). It doesn't help being color blind either, since I'm always worried there'll be one time when I'm not paying full attention, and end up running away or KOing a shiny Pokemon that had a similar design to its regular version.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I hate Shiny Crobat. Why couldn't that make it blue with purple wings (to imitate zubat), or black with red wings (which would just look awesome)? Pink and dull green is just nasty.

Nidoqueen is also pretty nasty. It completely ruined the pattern of the nido's swapping colours, to randomly become a dull green with pink breasts? Bleh!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Garchomp.

And shinies with overly orange or green palettes. Some could just have been made much more interesting. It's as if they wanted to make the pokémon uglier. The best ones are those with pink or blue palettes imo ;)

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Pikachu, mainly cause I realised in D/P that the first pikachu I ran into was a shiny it showed on my pokedex when I looked at the femal and male forms i was all like ARGH XD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
99.9% of them are pretty ugly, and the reason why I don't go out looking for shinies. The only shiny Pokémon that I like off the top of my head are Luxray (Shinx and Luxio as well), Chandelure (Litwick and Lampent as well), Steelix (Onix as well), and Umbreon.

Back