• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pew, pew, pew!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
How do you all feel about shooter games? Do you play any? Which ones do you play? What was the last shooter game have you been able to buy? Did you enjoy it?

I love shooter games, personally. One of my favorites would have to be Call of Duty, which I was introduced to at about the age of fifteen. When I first started playing, I wasn't very good, as I used to die for about five or six times before I even got any kill. Nowadays, I'm much, much better. I know what it takes to shoot foes, dodge bullets, stay out of enemies' sight, etc. etc. I still get killed every now and then, though; that's mostly because of the server. The servers in CoD aren't very dedicated, which makes you lag and get random disconnections. Every time you lag, your player gets stuck into one place. While you're stuck, you become completely defenseless, which makes it easier for the foes to have you taken down.

When I was younger, I used to play Battlefield a lot with my dad. I loved how big the maps were, and the vehicles were very fun to ride. When I was introduced to CoD, though, I began to adapt to its fast-paced gameplay, which caused me to lose interest in BF. My dad doesn't play Battlefield anymore, either, as he is too busy. I'm going to get myself the newly-released Battlefield 4 at some point, but I'm not completely sure how well I'll be enjoying it. I've seen a few trailers of it though, and they looked pretty awesome!

A lot of my friends play Halo. Whenever we discussed video games, they would always bring Halo into the conversation one way or another. Since I didn't play this game, I felt a little left out. So, eventually, I decided to give it a try myself. I enjoyed the first few minutes of it, but after that… not so much. xD What I didn't like about Halo is how "futuristic" it was. If it was a bit realistic, then I definitely would have liked it more.

TY

Im not really liking shooters that much. They are quite fun to play, but all these fanboys just annoy me a lot.
The only shooter i like is Borderlands. Its quite fun, not realistic at all and so many loot O_O

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Love shooters, First-person over Third-person and Third-Person over Top-Downs. Some of my favorites include classics such as Halo, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Grand Theft Auto, Mass Effect and Stars Wars: Battlefront, to name a few.

TY

Word. Some fans of certain games are much more annoying than others. *cough cough* Call of Duty.

Well i have a friend who is obsessed over CoD, and he keeps inviting me even though im playing something else... and since he randomly got my number he keeps texting me aswell -_-

Normally i just play on my own (usually CoD zombies), but in games like GTA and Borderlands i play online with random people... CoD kids are the worst

T!M

Years
Well i have a friend who is obsessed over CoD, and he keeps inviting me even though im playing something else... and since he randomly got my number he keeps texting me aswell -_-

While that too sounds like a pain in the rump. I'm talking more about the elitist on Multiplayer. Who condemn your skills or make fun if you're not a god at CoD. I don't mean to compare apples to oranges. But Halo's community is a lot more friendlier than CoDs.

In terms of Zombie, I logged onto the MP for Origins to see if I couldn't get some team play in. This would of been the very first time I played Origins online since I bought the map pack. And wouldn't you know, the 3-man party that hopped in the lobby bailed out when they saw my Zombie rank at it's lowest. How is someone suppose to get better at a game if you leave the lobby because they have the crappiest rank. It's not that I'm bad at Zombies, I've just never played online! Hell, I might be bad at the game, but those tools never gave me a chance to display anything.

That's the kind of crappy attitudes in the CoD Community that I'm talking about.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I do like playing some shooters. They can be pretty addicting and fun imo. Let's see, the ones I play are Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, GTA, Max Payne. I'm thinking on getting Borderlands and Bioshock on my PS3 as well.

TY

While that too sounds like a pain in the rump. I'm talking more about the elitist on Multiplayer. Who condemn your skills or make fun if you're not a god at CoD. I don't mean to compare apples to oranges. But Halo's community is a lot more friendlier than CoDs.

In terms of Zombie, I logged onto the MP for Origins to see if I couldn't get some team play in. This would of been the very first time I played Origins online since I bought the map pack. And wouldn't you know, the 3-man party that hopped in the lobby bailed out when they saw my Zombie rank at it's lowest. How is someone suppose to get better at a game if you leave the lobby because they have the crappiest rank. It's not that I'm bad at Zombies, I've just never played online! Hell, I might be bad at the game, but those tools never gave me a chance to display anything.

That's the kind of crappy attitudes in the CoD Community that I'm talking about.

Yeah, my friend is like that cause he makes fun of my K/D and Zombies rank (never played online since they all leave or the game will never seem to start. Even though im really good at Origins (got to round 49 solo on my 5th try, but i dont make a big deal of it...). But that doesnt only happen in FPS games. I've seen that in many other games too where they leave when they see your rank, so frustrating.

Thats why i always play solo.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
My favorite shooters are games from the Call of Duty series. I know they get a bad rep for always being the same, but since they are all similar to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, an amazing game, that makes them all amazing! Yes I know we all want there to be new innovations when new titles in a series are released, but they add enough in my opinion and I'm glad the overall feel and gameplay style haven't changed. If it isn't broke then don't fix it.

The campaign always looks incredible and I love all of the jaw dropping moments each game has to offer. My favorite part about them however is the multiplayer. The amount of customization allowed is really what pulls me in. It's like having an RPG character, except you get to take him/her into first person multiplayer battles. Yes I know MMO's have that, but those suck. :P

Another favorite shooter of mine is the Star Wars: Battlefront series. I was so excited when I heard a new Battlefront game was being made and that it wouldn't be a sequel, but instead an entirely new game that can stand alone. If it has customization that Call of Duty offers combined with blasters, lightsabers, and Star Wars tech it will be a dream come true.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
I like the Call of Duty series, but it frustrates me as to how the fanbase ruins the game...I played Battlefield 3 for a while, and I absolutely loved it. The large maps, the vehicles, graphics, sound, all of that was amazing. I got to play the Battlefield 4 beta, too, and it was a fun experience.

Years
I like shooter, have always been a fan. I'm not really sure why, but I enjoy the action in the games. I was addicted to Modern Warfare 2, which, in my opinion, has the best multiplayer for CoD so far, hopefully Ghosts impresses. I just really love the whole experience that comes with them, as Gensokyo said; the large maps, vehicles, graphics, sound makes it a lot more enjoyable.

CoD and Battlefield have been my most played shooters, by far. But I must give credit to the Metro games, the storyline in the games kept me at it and they were also 2 very fun shooters.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Don't have them FPS games because honestly they suck. They give too much importance on surviving and honestly I'm more of the RPG or Strategy type of gamer. COD is the only exception. Other 2D shooting games rock the core out of me. I'm painfully addicted to Jazz Jackrabbit 2 and other such older games have a rippling effect on me. The games which give a choice between weapons of melee or give importance to melee are liked by me more. The games who have a plot behind them that doesn't fully focus on the shooting, like the GTA Series, for instance, are also OK at the end. Games involving shooting are very diverse, so I can almost never form a general opinion on them.

T!M

Years
The games who have a plot behind them that doesn't fully focus on the shooting, like the GTA Series

Halo has a rich and magnificent universe. It hardly puts it's it's sole focus on shooting. It is a FPS, so there is a lot of shooting. But you buy the game knowing that.

If anything, CoD's a horrible story. Very rarely do the games of the series focus on continuity. The games themselves, have very bland and quick stories with very little surprises. BLOP's Reznov apparition was easily detectable a quarter of the way in. In terms of continuity The only ones who have done that are. Are MW-3 and BLOPS-2. And even then it's not very expansive. BLOPs 2 focuses on Krevchenko (who is, literally, the only tie between the first game and the second) and he wasn't even the main villain in BLOPs 2, Dragovich was. And not once, is Dragovich was mentioned in BLOPs 2. In fact, Woods says it's Krevchenko who put the numbers in Mason's head. Anyway Halo spans all the way from Reach to 4 (and it still has more to do) with filler like Halo: Wars in between. And while the Halo Array is the central theme. There is so much more, and it's not just about the Halo. It's a cross between Humans, the Covenant, Master Chief and the Arbiter. So much more than anything I've seen CoD offer.

TY

Halo has a rich and magnificent universe. It hardly puts it's it's sole focus on shooting. It is a FPS, so there is a lot of shooting. But you buy the game knowing that.

If anything, CoD's a horrible story. Very rarely do the games of the series focus on continuity. The games themselves, have very bland and quick stories with very little surprises. BLOP's Reznov apparition was easily detectable a quarter of the way in. In terms of continuity The only ones who have done that are. Are MW-3 and BLOPS-2. And even then it's not very expansive. BLOPs 2 focuses on Krevchenko (who is, literally, the only tie between the first game and the second) and he wasn't even the main villain in BLOPs 2, Dragovich was. And not once, is Dragovich was mentioned in BLOPs 2. In fact, Woods says it's Krevchenko who put the numbers in Mason's head. Anyway Halo spans all the way from Reach to 4 (and it still has more to do) with filler like Halo: Wars in between. And while the Halo Array is the central theme. There is so much more, and it's not just about the Halo. It's a cross between Humans, the Covenant, Master Chief and the Arbiter. So much more than anything I've seen CoD offer.

It actually feels like they just focus on Multiplayer, and just make the story a week before they have to show something. It may have some action in it, but story-wise its just rubbish... Havent really seen a good story in any FPS (PS3 doesnt have Halo so i cant judge that game). Borderlands 2 had a ok story, in comparision to 1, which didnt had a story at all.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I've played a lot of shooter games, and my favorites are Goldeneye, Doom and Wolfenstein. I really don't like most of the shooters now because I prefer to run around and shoot at free will, not stopping, aiming and shooting all the time, making yourself vulnerable. I tried not aiming one time and the shots completely missed, even from something like 5ft away. Pathetic.

Back