• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Leafeon and Glaceon

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Spr_4d_470.png
Spr_4d_470_s.png
Spr_4d_471.png
Spr_4d_471_s.png
Generation 4's Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum introduced two new Eeveelutions: Glaceon and Leafeon! Leafeon evolves from Eevee by leveling one up near the Moss Rock in Eterna Forest. Glaceon evolves from Eevee by leveling one up near the Ice Rock near Snowpoint City. Which Eeveelution in this game do you prefer, Glaceon, or Leafeon? Which one did you play with in-game in D/P/Pl, if you did have one? What did you think of this new Eeveelution method?

tokyodrift

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I love Glaceon's design. Although I never used one in-game wise. I think that's all about to change. I'm going to do a playthrough of Platinum and I would like to use one of them! It'll probably be Glaceon since I'm a bit biased towards Ice-types.

Years
Glaceon because i prefer the moveset and the glorious special attack and special defense it has Though sadly i did not use it until gen 5 Because i didn't know at the time that the frozen rock outshirts of Snowpoint City would evolve Eevee by levelling it up there.

Years
I never used any of these Eeveelutions in my D/P/Pt playthroughs, but I do love the idea with them in that they evolve in certain locations. Glaceon is my fave of the two, but I think they're both awesome and very underrated.

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
Years
  • Age 24
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 6, 2023
Leafeon is my favourite. I recently used him in my Platinum play through and he was awesome. The only problem was he was a physical attacker and I could never get him to learn any decent physical grass type moves. He's called Chlorofox, which to me personally was the most creative name I've ever gave a Pok?mon.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
I'd say I prefer Glaceon because for some reason I'm not a fan of Leafeon.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
Years
Leafeon is my favorite and has been a lifelong dream of mine to have since I was a young lass. I can't tell you how many times I bought Leaf Stones in Celadon City just to try to get a Leafeon . Needless to say, I was ecstatic to find out Leafeon became real in Gen IV.

Years
Glaceon I feel, due to it's distinct advantage over Leafeon. I like the design a bit better, but the little swoosh of hair on Leafeon's head is pretty cute as well. I've only really extensively used Glaceon as well, but only because there are way too many grass types to choose from.

Years
Glaceon has a gorgeous cry but Leafeon was just perfect. <3 I loved taking advantage of its attack stat, thanks to the physical/special split Leaf Blade was super OP on her. It was great.

tokyodrift

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Glaceon has a gorgeous cry but Leafeon was just perfect. <3 I loved taking advantage of its attack stat, thanks to the physical/special split Leaf Blade was super OP on her. It was great.

Ahhhh you're making me want to use one of them this time around! I can't seem to decide though D:

SilverLeafeon75

Type diversity? What type diversity?
Years
I used Leafeon, as it would take too long to get to the icy rock compared to the mossy rock right inside Enterna forest. Typically by the time I get that far, I have already established my team of 6, and then would come the grinding of Glaceon to get it up to speed. Just takes too long to get a Glaceon.

porygoing

Kreeeeeh
Years
Glaceon, but I didn't use it. It needs TM to teach good sp.atk ice moves and Glaceon was not my main pokemon. It's beautiful, though. I didn't have Leafeon.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
I love both of them, but Glaceon wins because ice type bias. I find it interesting that Leafeon has the highest defense of all eeveelutions.

Years
Glaceon, but I didn't use it. It needs TM to teach good sp.atk ice moves and Glaceon was not my main pokemon. It's beautiful, though. I didn't have Leafeon.

One of the things that bothers me the most about Glaceon, even though it's my absolute favourite eeveelution, is that it has such an awful movepool. :( I wish it can learn a lot more moves to justify its use in even in-game teams...

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Leafeon for me. It is my favourite type and was what I evolved the first Shiny Eevee I caught into. Fortunately I caught him in a Nest Ball and he has an Impish Nature.

I have never used Glaceon but do like its design. I prefer Leafeon overall however and my Shiny Leafeon was the first Eeveelution I got to Level 100.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I originally wanted to use Glaceon, but accidentally evolved it into Leafeon. I tried it anyways and ended up liking it enough.

Back