• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you straightedge?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I used to be full-on straight-edge when I was in high school...until I met my ex boyfriend and...well, you can imagine how that goes from there. xD But I've always abstained from drugs and smoking, but alcohol...nope! Had my first drink at 17, that's when I'm no longer a straight-edged human being.

But today I'm still that PARTY HARD drinker, and I've been thinking of staying out of it. xD But I only do it when there's like a wedding or a huge party to celebrate and stuff. It's not an occasional thing.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Seeing my mother drink and smoke I vowed not to do it myself. I don't want it to resort to things like that and sometimes just end up worse when it's supposed to make me better no thanks. Most I do is go and pick up cigarettes for her (I don't know how many times I've had to say 'these aren't for me' at the counter. I wonder if they even believe me aha) but I have never smoked one myself and never will.

Probably won't ever drink either except for ... maybe wine or something at a fancy dinner. But never that hard drinking until you get drink sort of thing.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
I tend to focus on how my actions will affect my future and if avoiding one or all of those things will keep my life on the current path it's on, I will choose to do so. Currently, I do not dip into any of the three, and I don't expect to in the near future.

Pretty much the point right there. Even if I exclude my religious beliefs, I'll still choose it for the sake of being in control of my life for a brighter future (in my own opinion, at least.)

I haven't even had a sip of alcohol though excluding alcohol used in cooking XD; not saying that any amount of drinks is bad. Small amount of drinks and don't drive after drinking anything is certainly fine, but I just choose not to.

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
I do, because I feel that being straightedge is self control of your life, and yeah. That's basically it.

Will it change? Possibly. I've sworn to never do weed or drink, though, and I keep my promises so -shrug-

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.​

I must fundamentally disagree, one can use drugs and drink and not become enslaved by these things. As a Thelemite, I support drug use but I loudly denounce drug abuse.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I'm not straightedge anymore oh yeah! Got high last night for the first time ever. I feel like this is a milestone in my life. :)

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I don't smoke, do drugs or drink irresponsibly, and never will. I drink only on occasion, and when I do, it's never in huge quantities and never too much to make myself drunk. If I ever catch myself drunk, I don't know what I'll do with myself. As for promiscuity, I intend to have sexual relations with no one, I repeat, NO one but my future husband. I feel that this is the right thing to do.

I have been brought up in this manner with these values and I intend to continue living this way. Hope everyone respects this. :)

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
I'm straight edge. Getting a tat for it and everything. It's from the Three Days Grace music video from "Pain" if anyone's seen it. (An "X" about the size of your palm, outlined black and filled in red.)

My mom was hit by a drunk driver when I was a baby, I was in the car actually. I was fine (according to police reports my mom covered me with her arm before the car hit, saving my life), but my mom broke her back in two places. The doctor's said she'd been a wheelchair by the time she was 30, four surgeries later, it was true.

I don't do drugs, in fact I help out with local DARE classes as part of my police explorers program.

I do, sadly, smoke. I started when I was sixteen, and it's more of an occasional thing. I've never been really addicted, I have numerous times quit on a dime so to speak.

The sex thing is a bit... yeah I don't go that far. That's more religious based than anything and I don't follow it.

Last edited:
Back