• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which Version are you getting

Are you getting Pokemon X or Y

• Pokemon Y

Votes: 42 38.9%
  • Pokemon X

Votes: 42 38.9%
  • Both

Votes: 24 22.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2014
I am quite torn between them so I think I'll just buy both. I like everything in pokemon y except that it doesnt get mega charizard x. So i guess ill try to find a way to self trade.

HUF_DBC

I am going to get Pokemon Y. I like Yveltal a tad bit more than Xerneas, and I like the mega exclusives more than the X exclusives. Mega Charizard Y is so COOL!

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
going with pokemon x. I love xereneas. so dogone majestic. plus I am planning on making a mono fairy team post game anyway so wynaut lol
(it feels so awkward to be the only one getting x version so far lol )

Years
I'm getting X for now, and I may get Y later on if/when I decide to do a replay. This time around I could just upload to Pokemon Bank and start a new file on the same game too, which is nice.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
Y, I made the decision waaaayy bacck when it was first available for reservation. I almost switched it but I decieded that I like Yvental (Plus the five dollar switch fee), more then I liked mega Charizard X

Years
I will be going with Y!

Skrelp line >>>>>>>> Clauncher line

Spritzee < Swirlix

Aromatisse > Slurpuff

Yveltal = Xerneas (I don't use legendaries anyway)

Years
I'll be getting Y Version, simply because of Yveltal, and I'm sticking with my decision because of the option to get the X Mega evolutions into the game by trade.. and it's also too late as well since I had already pre-ordered (and payed off) Y version a few months ago :P

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
I'm getting a refurbished copy of Red Version......OK, OK I'm kidding.

Y version because I can get the most use out of Mega Charizard Y. However, I'd be lying if I said I didn't love the fan- service we're getting with Mega Charizard X.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
My perception of the two versions:

Skrelp > Clauncher
Spritzee > Swirlix
Aromatisse > Slurpluff
Mega Charizard Y < Mega Charizard X
Mega Mewtwo Y < Mega Mewtwo X
Yveltal < Xerneas

I'm going with X Version but I really want Skrelp. I'm hoping that there will be an in-game trade like Cottonee/Petilil from the Gen. 5 games. Xerneas is my reason for choosing X, I prefer it over Yveltal.

Back