• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] A Sunfishy Gallery

Lexa

My maturity level depends on who I'm with. ;D
Years
One word: wow!

You've done an amazing job. You're incredibly creative and I absolutely adore your sprites.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
One word: wow!

You've done an amazing job. You're incredibly creative and I absolutely adore your sprites.

Thanks! The sprites have definitely been what I've been working on for the last few months now. It's sorta neat watching the pile grow with more and more :P

Lexa

My maturity level depends on who I'm with. ;D
Years
Thanks! The sprites have definitely been what I've been working on for the last few months now. It's sorta neat watching the pile grow with more and more :P

Anytime! <3 I'm sure it's a great feeling to see your artwork grow... and your fan base. c; You need your own website for making digital artwork. It's really impressive especially since you come up with your own Pokémon. I'm sure it would be a hit. Or you at least need a blog to showcase your work!

Saki

The Fire Fox
Years
Fakemons have always been of interest to me. I really like the Fluffur/Faeffur concept and art. I feel like it could easily be in a Pokémon game. What generation art style do you like the best? I know they don't always change a lot between generations but it's interesting to note. I am a huge fan of the retro stuff because of the minimal colours. Generation 6 art is nice as well but the human characters are starting to see a bit too "round" you know what I mean?

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more from you <3

EDIT: Also just saw your Ene from the Kagerou Project sprite. That is absolutely marvellous! :)

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Fakemons have always been of interest to me. I really like the Fluffur/Faeffur concept and art. I feel like it could easily be in a Pokémon game. What generation art style do you like the best? I know they don't always change a lot between generations but it's interesting to note. I am a huge fan of the retro stuff because of the minimal colours. Generation 6 art is nice as well but the human characters are starting to see a bit too "round" you know what I mean?

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more from you <3

EDIT: Also just saw your Ene from the Kagerou Project sprite. That is absolutely marvellous! :)

Thank you so much!
Personally, I like the way that generation 2's designs were. Instead of making use of heavy coloring and more realistic designs, the designs of gen 2 had a more "water-color" style, making them much more lively compared to the ones seen nowadays.

And that Ene sprite is personally my favorite out of the bunch, because of the ripples in her jacket making it somewhat more poppy :D

As to not make this post feel redundant, I've made another avatar based on the "Yuki Onna" ability found in the game Yume Nikki.
madotsuki__yuki_onna_effect_by_scatterminds-d8aan48.png

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Your fakemon are great conceptually; they feel plausibly like Pokemon. I would say, though, that the style isn't totally consistent between them and your volumes are not always very clear and look rushed or wobbly. Sprites are fantastic, and very clean, and aside from a few places where the anatomy is a bit wonky here or a line is too light there, they're perfect. I also adore that soft new styles you did. The shading and fuzzy edges and the ones with the soft lines broken in just the right places really have a warm, happy feeling to them :3

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Thanks both of you!

The sprites are indeed something I need to work on, and I've been slowly trying to get better!

For the fakemon, I've merged my new ones with the old ones, which is account for the somewhat inconsistent styles. Though, everyone seems to like Jokai out of the bunch, which makes me woner if going traditional is better off than going full digital.

The new style is also something I love a lot compared to all my other styles. The broken lines are what makes it look more cartoony and "childish", something that always seemed to appeal to me!

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Spent a few days putting together my fakemon, and have capped at 171, though only half of them have been drawn. Crudely drawn.
Spoiler:

I'll plaster on their names later.

Also, a christmas-y avatar that was requested a while back
madotsuki__scarf_effect_by_scatterminds-d8abx0f.png

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Adding more sprite related things
art_room_banner_nichijou_ver__by_tsunfished-d8c13wg.png

This is a banner for an art room on Pokemon Showdown, with a Nichijou theme.

chocolate_by_tsunfished-d8cq3ki.png
kaguya_by_tsunfished-d8cq5bb.png
idol_by_tsunfished-d8cq88c.png

And more avatars :P

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Did some more fakemon in a sugimori style for a fakemon contest
faeffur_by_tsunfished-d8bv1vn.png

A rat and cotton combined. This is also a re-work of a very specific fakemon that some of the older community members might remember.

sunfoon_by_tsunfished-d8d3j3q.png

My signature fakemon, an Ocean Sunfish

Last edited:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
The cottonrat is soooo cute. I'm in love.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Yay more stuff
decorane_by_tsunfished-d8dcj9y.png

And more spritesss
sungod_by_tsunfished-d8do0v9.png

snugglow_sprites_by_tsunfished-d8dvv49.png

This is "Snugglow", the pre-evo of Smogon's recent CAP
My design won, but the sprite didn't.

Last edited:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
Gosh that Snugglow is absolutely adorable! *Adds to the list of things I wish that were really so I could cuddle them*

First time looking through your work and I can say you really do an amazing job! I don't really look through many pixel art or fakemon threads, but from the few I've seen, I really admire your work.
I really love your take on the Sugimori Style. The colour palette mixed with your fakemon designs just works incredibly well.

Despite you said your fakemon collection piece was "crudely drawn", there's something about that style I really like.

Your pixel art in general are also really pretty :DD

Looking forward to whatever new work you put up next!

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Gosh that Snugglow is absolutely adorable! *Adds to the list of things I wish that were really so I could cuddle them*

First time looking through your work and I can say you really do an amazing job! I don't really look through many pixel art or fakemon threads, but from the few I've seen, I really admire your work.
I really love your take on the Sugimori Style. The colour palette mixed with your fakemon designs just works incredibly well.

Despite you said your fakemon collection piece was "crudely drawn", there's something about that style I really like.

Your pixel art in general are also really pretty :DD

Looking forward to whatever new work you put up next!

Oh, thanks!
I used the word "crudely" to justify how quick and messy they were made :)

Anyway, did a few more sprites to add into the collection:
reaper_version_2_by_tsunfished-d8fd30q.png
seibold_by_tsunfished-d8fs2m6.png
takato_by_tsunfished-d8gl4w1.png

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Those look great! The reaper one looks especially good, and I love the monster behind the dirt one.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Sunny. <333 :)

Glad to see this gallery back in action. Your latest sprites are incredible, no kidding. I especially love the Digimon trainer sprite and your latest round of fakemon. Seriously great work, once again. Keep it up, brother!

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Thanks all of you!

And hi Fairy :D
I've managed to somehow taught myself spriting, so in all sense I thought I'd be more active here to show-off display my stuff ;)

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Done more sprites, but this time it's pokemon related :D
greninja_by_tsunfished-d8gu9pp.png

Greninja, with the smash bros. pose

hedgeko_by_tsunfished-d8hr3g3.png

Hedgeko, my grass starter. I'm changing it from the raccoon guy since the raccoon was really fat. He'll still be a power ranger at the end though ;)

I didn't design the ones below, but I made sprites for them :P

6899fe565f.png

This is for my friend's fakedex. I have no idea what it's named, or typed, but I can assume it's at least Ice.

oYFZRkE.png
NDkKTn7.png

EzuBEjh.png
3XsiuUK.png

These are also for his fakedex. I think they're bug/electric, at least what the design looked like.

Back