• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_Love_Cats

Cat in a Zapdos Hat
Years
HG/SS Editing Help

1. How do I edit (& view) the intro sprite of kotone in HGSS & where are they located? (During gender Select).

2. Where is the pokeball throwing & Item/Skill/HM/TM using animations for kotone and how to I view and edit them?

3. How can I edit the intro movie and in game text to replace kotone with Kris?

Links to guides or resources as well as explanations for HGSS would be appriciated. So far I find a multitude of things for GBA games but not as much for HGSS.
So far a friend and I have been working on a project to fully replace Kotone with Kris. We have replaced the majority of the overworld sprites save those mentioned above & also the Trainer sprite (Kris as your enemy sprite). We are still working on pokeball toss/battle back animations, intro etc.
Thank you if you reply.

Hi, I'm new to this forum and the reason why I came here was to find a B&W ROM to play on my computer before I actually get the game on my birthday. I tried searching for my question but so far, I see none alike.

If I'm in the wrong place, may the mods move my question to the appropriate place, I just decided to ask around here since this is about ROMs.

Kay, so my question is, I'm using a NO$GBA emulator and I want to play B&W on it so where can I get one? More specifically, I want to play Black as I would be getting White and I just wanted to find out the differences. Thanks in advanced for answering. xD

As far as I know, ROMs are not hosted on this site nor will they show you where to get them. DL'ing ROMs is illegal if you do not own the game yourself. As is distributing them.

Last edited:
Years
As far as I know, ROMs are not hosted on this site nor will they show you where to get them. DL'ing ROMs is illegal if you do not own the game yourself. As is distributing them.

Oh I see. But I don't mind playing a ROM that one of our PC members has created. I just want it to be set in the same setting as Pokemon Black and White. I don't really know any trusted sites and places. :(

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
Tile Layer Pro and Yellow version errors:

Sprites stored at the "top" of the ROM have weird... moved lines compared to the result image, and compared to the sprites stored at the bottom of the ROM which look normal. I tried to directly paste a sprite from the bottom to a sprite on the top and attached is what happened. The sprites also have these misplaced lines in them when using the Pokemon Yellow Sprite editor, so it's not just TLP.

How can I get around this? I just want to replace some of the sprites in the "top".

You clearly are at the wrong offset. Use the Goto function in TLP, write 1 in the offset textbox and check the "relative" checkbox, then press "Go!". Then press F3 (which is the shortcut key for "Goto Again") until you see sprites are displaying correctly (i.e. without those weird lines that you complain of).

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
A not so simple question;Is it possible to insert small cutscenes?On firered I mean
like fire emblem,those images.

Last edited:

kringlur

Velkominn í heim POKéMON!
Years
You clearly are at the wrong offset. Use the Goto function in TLP, write 1 in the offset textbox and check the "relative" checkbox, then press "Go!". Then press F3 (which is the shortcut key for "Goto Again") until you see sprites are displaying correctly (i.e. without those weird lines that you complain of).

Thanks so much! I even read tutorials for how to use TLP but clearly I'm stupid... you're always helping me, I really owe you.

Collen

I have returned.
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
Alright, I need help.
When I load a map, it says this:
Spoiler:

It used to be the Viridian City Gym, and I deleted all the map scripts for it.
What's the problem? How do I fix it?

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2011
An Ambitious B/W Project

Heya folks,

I'm not 100% sure that this belongs in this forum, so here's to hoping that I've come to the right place! Now, I've got an ambitious project for Pokemon Black/White in mind - a double battle against both Iris and Drayden - and this brings up several queries:

1- Apparently, people have already found the Narc locations for NPC sprites and in-battle sprites, but is there any way to actually edit them? I was imagining a shot of Iris and Drayden standing side by side before you fight them. Putting the two sprites next to each other in photoshop should be an easy task, but extracting the pictures is where the problem lies.

2- how about the flashy, pre-Gym-battle close up portraits? Where it shows your face and their face and a bunch of cool blurred lines? Has the Narc location for that been found?

3- Is there a known way to insert a trainer sprite into a specific location? I was imagining putting an immobile, speechless "statue" of Iris right next to Drayden. You'd need to talk to the old man to start the battle, and the little girl would just stand there in order to show that you're about to fight them both at once. If it can be done for Gen 4 with PPRE...

4- Am I correct in assuming that I can use the PPTXT text editing tool to give both trainers dialogue before the battle, and Kazowar's B/W Trainer Editor to turn Drayden's fight into a double battle with 6 dragons; 3 male and 3 female?

5- Is this an overall manageable pipe dream, or am I in need of a major reality check?

Cheers! :classic:

I_Love_Cats

Cat in a Zapdos Hat
Years
Batch Text Edit?

Is it possible to batch text edit everything for all maps in a ROM? specifically I am aiming to replace all instances of "Lyra" with "Kris".

So far I have been doing this manually zone by zone, but a faster way would be pretty awesome as opposed to copying each map into .txt and using replace all.

Years
Battle music - Trainer Class

Battle music. Is the battle theme defined by the trainer class? If so, how can I change a trainer class theme? (I'm guessing hex). And please don't say A-Trainer, because you can't, the music value in that is for the encounter theme, not the battle. And I don't mean 'just swap round the themes in Sappy', either.

I would have though that this would have been a FAQ, but I haven't found anyone ask it. I know Mastermind_X did a hex 'Jukebox' tutorial, but I couldn't get that to work, and anyway, I'm working on Emerald.

Thanks in advance :P

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
How do I get a script to pick up where it left off after a trainerbattle? Is there anyway to use Trainerbattle 0x2 to continue from the same point in that script? Do I just use the pointer for that exact spot?

Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
how do you edit the options it gives you for a multibox in a script i have it to where the professor in my game walks up to the charecters says what he is supposed to say and then it gives me a multibox which it is supposed to do i just want to edit the multibox to say the starters for my game and then i need to know how to assign the starters so that when you click on houdour it gives you a houndour and when you click on ralts it gives you a ralts and the same for heracross. any help is greatly appreciated!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
How do I get a script to pick up where it left off after a trainerbattle? Is there anyway to use Trainerbattle 0x2 to continue from the same point in that script? Do I just use the pointer for that exact spot?

Thanks in advance.

Use the command 'trainerbattle 0x1'. It is used like this:

Code:
trainerbattle 0x1 0x[Trainer No.] @before @after @later

#org @before
= Text 1.

#org @after
= Text 2.

#org @later
CONTINUE SCRIPT HERE

how do you edit the options it gives you for a multibox in a script i have it to where the professor in my game walks up to the charecters says what he is supposed to say and then it gives me a multibox which it is supposed to do i just want to edit the multibox to say the starters for my game and then i need to know how to assign the starters so that when you click on houdour it gives you a houndour and when you click on ralts it gives you a ralts and the same for heracross. any help is greatly appreciated!

You can edit the choices of a textbox that is already in-game through a HEX editor or Advance Text by searching for the choices and then changing them to Houndour, Ralts and Heracross. You could also use this multichoice editor if you wish.

Using a multichoice in a script isn't hard. Here is an example of how it would work for you:

Code:
multichoice 0xXX 0xYY 0xZZ 0xAA
copyvar 0x8000 0x800D
compare 0x8000 0x0
if 0x1 goto @Houndour
compare 0x8000 0x1
if 0x1 goto @Ralts
compare 0x8000 0x2
if 0x1 goto @Heracross
end

#org @Houndour
givepokemon 0xE4 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0

#org @Ralts
givepokemon 0x188 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0

#org @Heracross
givepokemon 0xD6 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0

diegoisawesome said:
XX: X co-ordinate of box (Usually 0)
YY: Y co-ordinate of box (Usually 0)
ZZ: Multichoice ID
AA: Determines if B can cancel. 0x0 means B can cancel.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hello.
I wanna ask a question.
I wanna make a trainer rebattable with the script command "cleartrainerflag", but whenever I do so, I can't rebattle the specified trainer.
What should the trainer battle command look like?
Thanks~

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
Hi. I'm having some problems getting person events to disappear.
Spoiler:

Yet when you re-enter the map, they're still there. >.< Any ideas?

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
Hey, are there any tutorial about how to add a new region map in pokémon ruby?

PS: Add, no modify the original map xD.

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
Hi. I'm having some problems getting person events to disappear.
Spoiler:

Yet when you re-enter the map, they're still there. >.< Any ideas?

To hide a sprite you have to set a flag which is the sprite's Person ID on AdvanceMap.

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
Years
Hello.
I wanna ask a question.
I wanna make a trainer rebattable with the script command "cleartrainerflag", but whenever I do so, I can't rebattle the specified trainer.
What should the trainer battle command look like?
Thanks~
Iirc, clearing trainer flags should do it when performed for a script with only a trainer battle in it. Maybe the script in which you want the battle to occur got e.g deactivated by a flag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back