• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

noah73x

Noah
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 1, 2008
Old bugs that i found at Version 4:
-Misty's Gym, you sometimes can keep going into the water and get stuck.
-Dark/Ghost Elite 4 member, if you open you menu infront of her, you sometimes will go automaticly 5-7 steps up and may get stuck in the wall.
-At pokemon center in front of Union Cave, if you make trade between gameboys, after you leave you'll be stuck.

hope you already noticed those thing and fixed them.
ganna try version 5 now :)
your hack is the best one i seen, and the only hack that i entered my pokemon folder... hope you'll keep up with ur good work!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Old bugs that i found at Version 4:
-Misty's Gym, you sometimes can keep going into the water and get stuck.
-At pokemon center in front of Union Cave, if you make trade between gameboys, after you leave you'll be stuck.

The Cerulean gym glitch has already been fixed, thanks.
About the trade thing, well, he hasn't done anything about the trade system, and nothing will be done until the last version, soo...

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Well i just played through part of it and found a few things that look odd...

first one

If you lose to your rival (Silver or whatever you named him) you will be sent back to the previous pokecenter. at least i think so. i sped through that part but it appears that you were sent back home and then came back out of the cherry grove pokecenter.

also the text you get for losing to silver is "Am i great of what?" i think thats gary's old text... it just dosen't look like something silver would say... i think he would say something along the lines of "weak" or something.

thats about it. the last thing might be a glitch too but i am planning on checking it out a little more before i post it.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
I think zel said we should start posting bugs when the X version is available.
Just make a list guys and keep it 'till wednsday :)

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Oh, yes, I must say that I love Goldenrod's theme, but Chrrygrove's sounds somewhat strange.

Hey zel i was wondering if you added any new starters in B5 such as say torchic.

All the starters from other gens are available (so, yes, you can find Torchic and Bulbasaur).

TheX: Try here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hc9cs2

Last edited:

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2020
I got to admit zel B5 sure is turning out to be awesome i like those custom sprites and the new music the new tiles sure does give me a g/s/c feeling keep it up

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
I really like the new music, it just makes it feel more like GSC. The trick house is awesome too. i would just suggest making the scroll a solid tile.

Are the phones in yet?Just wondering.

Yes, the phones are in this Beta. Read the Resume post next time.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
*Crashes through window*

Awesome, I'm downloading 5 right now. I'm also happy with all the new stuff implemented. I love this hack >3

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
The resume post.

Apparently every battle past the Ekruteak gym has that theme. I'm not sure if that is supposed to happen or not.

The Kanto World Map:
screen2sn3.png

The Johto World Map:
screen3dv1.png

The little head however is fixed

Last edited:

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
Just read this... there is no screenshot of it here though

:D This is where you're wrong. (not that it's a big deal)
Zel posted this a little while back in Mastermind_X's tutorial.

Anyway, glad to see this thread back up and running, even if it's getting a spammy start. ;-;

I have to tell you Zel, this phone system really impressed me. You've out done yourself on this one. Also, the new music is awesome, I normally get so bored of the same tones that I just mute it, but with SG I enjoy it.

Keep up the good work, Zel, we're all here supporting you till the end.

EDIT: Lol, Garfieldlover beat me to it.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Hey it's wierd?
When i get the pokedex andcatch pokemon
When i go to have a pokemon battle on route 30
i get the message
"Cyndaquil will not obey"
and it says that it's not mine
I called myself "Gold"
but on my trainer card it says "Gol"
and now my pokemon will not obey me because they are over level 10
how can i fix this?

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
Hey it's wierd?
When i get the pokedex andcatch pokemon
When i go to have a pokemon battle on route 30
i get the message
"Cyndaquil will not obey"
and it says that it's not mine
I called myself "Gold"
but on my trainer card it says "Gol"
and now my pokemon will not obey me because they are over level 10
how can i fix this?

This glitch has haunted SG for a long time. And I don't think Zel has figured out what causes it. The only thing he can up with, since it comes up so little, is that you have a bad ROM, you should find a new one an patch it instead. :\

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
simple. get to violet city and beat falkener. either that or pray you get lucky. sometimes they will obey and some times they wont.

also did you patch over a new rom? if you didn't that might be the problem. same thing could happen from using a old save file from a previous beta

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2010
Beta five is awesome so far. Can I request tho, can someone upload or PM me a save file for when you're already at Kanto? I want to see it. I already got there in the last beta, but I lost my USB drive with it on it.

Edit: What the heck, why Am I on this account lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Beta five is awesome so far. Can I request tho, can someone upload or PM me a save file for when you're already at Kanto? I want to see it. I already got there in the last beta, but I lost my USB drive with it on it.

Edit: What the heck, why Am I on this account lol.

Wouldn't it be more fun if you played through the game like a normal person?

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Beta 5 so far is great.
I'm at sprout tower right now (I just started)
I like the Carlos battles, and how the rival is named zel.
I would try the X version, but i hate extra training.

Question to Zel:
Will you possibley allow the naming of your rival? Or are you going to keep it Zel?

Back