• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who Was your Favorite Pokemon on Your Team

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
As the title says who was your favorite pokemon? Not necessarily the strongest or anything but your favorite. Mine was probably my Staravia who pretty much carries my team through the game. It was also my first pokemon caught :)

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I loved my teams, I honestly could never actually make up my mind, which one was my favourite. I would say all of them, but if I had to choose one it'd probably be in Platinum, my Houndoom. I honestly loved it and after using Rapidash, I was really glad I caught this amazing guy <3. He's saved me out of many tight situations, whether it'd be my saviour in a gym battle, or even against a champion, I just loved it for different reasons. It was one of the only Pokemon I managed to get up to level 90, which is a record for me and it will always have a special place in my heart.

As for my Heartgold, I honestly can't decide either. Although I think I'm going to say Arcanine, when I first used it in my HG playthrough that started all of my passion and love towards the great canine <3. It had diverse moves, was adorable to tag along with, saved me out of many situations and I just really loved it. It might of not been as powerful as my Feraligatr or some of my other Pokemon, but something about it just instantly made it one of my favourites.

Lunar Crescent

I choose you pikachu!
Years
i loved my Poliwrath, saved me so many times and did serve well, but i loved all my team :/, my Starter Cyndaquil was great to!

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
GARCHOMP. No question. I mean like, that guy KO'd Aaron, Flint and Cynthia for me. Outside, I found Gible really cut and easy to train, so yeah. I never really played HGSS so much, but I thought Arcanine was the best!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Well in DPPt, I'd say my Garchomp.

In HGSS, there's quite a few Pokemon I loved out of my team.. I really put effort into selecting my team in Heart Gold. (Most of them were steel types -- one of my favourite types.) With that I just can't...choose one so I'd say my Scizor, Skarmory and Heracross.

Also added the '4th Generation:' prefix for added clarity!

Years
In Platinum, my Staraptor. She's able to knock out so many things easily with her Close Combat.

And in SoulSilver, my star would have to be my Miltank since she was able to beat all of Lance's Dragonite trio thanks to immobilizing them with Attract.

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
I forgot to add, in HG my favorite would probably have to be my Vaporeon. She could take a lot of hits and then still deal some damage. :) She made it possible for me to beat HG.

Years
During Platinum it was Rotom (Due to its rarity)

During SoulSilver it was Giratina (Traded it over with a friend since he wanted to be nice and give me a cool Pokemon for getting into the games since he didn't really have anyone to play them with)

During HeartGold it was Feraligatr (Because it was so strong and had a great diversity in moves. He actually took a Thunder and survived from Dragonite and Took out Lances entire team)

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I tend to develop a strong attachment to my starter, so I'd say that in Diamond/Platinum, my Empoleon was my favorite, in HG, my Feraligatr was my favorite, and in SS, my Typhlosion was my favorite. I haven't played Pearl too much, so I'm not attached to any of the Pokemon on that cartridge. On Diamond, I also love the shiny Squirtle that I hatched (pre-RNG, so the odds weren't exactly in my favor). On HG, I like my Ampharos a lot, too.

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
My Golduck. I gave it Blizzard, and that along with Surf, go me out of so many tight situations.

Even in the battle against Cynthia- her Garchomp bowed down to a Blizzard from him.

Vei

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 5, 2014
Hmm, on Diamond, probably my Lucario. Despite the fact that I didn't have it near the start of the game and only obtained it toward the end, I grew really attached to it and it tended to just sweep everybody.

And on Heart Gold, my Dragonite for sure. Dragonair is one of my favorites so that's why I initially caught a Dratini and it turned out to not only be more than I had hoped but also the strongest Pokemon on my team.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
On Diamond, my Lucario. On Heart Gold, my Typhlosion. My Lucario: He's the strongest of my team, and loves me SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much. Typhlosion: Same thing.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Luxray.

The first gen IV game I played was Diamond. The first pokemon I caught in the game was a Shinx. I thought it was pretty cute, but expected it to just be a typical early-game pokemon cat, and to end up mediocre at best. It ended up being the most dependable member of my team, and I've used one every chance I get since then.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
On Diamond, definitely Empoleon. He was the first Pokemon I chose, was a water and steel type (giving him tons of resistances), and was reliable.

On Heartgold, Typhlosion was my favorite. I never had trouble winning matches when I used him.

Years
Empoleon quickly became my favorite Pokemon in my Platinum run. It was one of the few times I can actually remember having my starter be the feature Pokemon on my team throughout the whole game. Also, with a dozen resistances/immunities, it was generally easy to battle with.

As for my playthrough of HeartGold, Butterfree was my favorite. I largely ignored Butterfree and its prevolutions before HeartGold, but with CompoundEyes giving Stun Spore and Sleep Powder nearly 100% accuracy, Butterfree quickly became a major player on my team (unless I was facing a Rock type- then I'd let someone else take over).

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
In Platinum I really like Infernape and Giratina. Infernae cause My Favorite Pokemon in my team is usually the starters and It was just awesome. Giratina because It was strong and I really liked the way Giratina looked back then (Don't ask me why :D) In Soulsilver, my favorite was Typhlosion :D Same as the reason above with Infernape. I also really liked Lugia. It looked cool. I always loved Lugia and Aeroblast is just strong ;D

blue

gucci
Years
In Platinum its Roserade for me, I love that Pokemon and I actually had the motivation to train it to Level 100!

Back