• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you hunt for shinies?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
POGO SHINY HUNTERS UNITE! Do you guys try to hunt for shinies in POGO? Are you playing hardcore or just chilling and getting whatever comes?

Hunting as in... specifically going to a common water biome spawn point/hanging out at a nest all day/shiny checking a Magikarp before clicking on the Dragonite spawn etc.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I?ve been visiting a Shellder nest since the last rotation. I usually click on any Pokemon that can be shiny to shinycheck them.

Years
Haha no ; ; I've missed out on shinies so far since my luck is bad, and I've just never been outside long enough during most community days. Hopefully I can call myself a shiny hunter soon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I guess my best shiny hunt was when they added Togepi, Wynaut and Magby. I hatched 71 eggs and got my first shiny baby Pokemon right before the event ended.

It was Wynaut and on top of that it was my first Wynaut ever. It was cool to see the shiny on the Registered to Pokedex screen. Then I hatched a normal Wynaut a few eggs later.

My Community Day #'s
Pikachu: 0
Dratini: 8
Bulbasaur: 7
Mareep: 6
Charmander: 5
Larvitar: 2
Squirtle: 10
Eevee: 16

Other events included 6 shinies during Adventure Week, 2 Kabuto, 1 Omanyte, 1 Swablu, 1 Aron and 1 Poochyena. Fighting Showdown gave me 8 shinies, 4 Meditite, 2 Makuhita, 1 Shuppet and 1 Poochyena

And the Water Festival gave me 5 shinies, 2 more Kabuto, 1 Magikarp, 1 Wailmer and 1 Kyogre

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I could hunt day and night and get nothing. They literally pop outta no where for me. I only get them on community days.

Years
I'm a pretty avid shiny hunter. I'll go out of my way to shiny check a Murkrow on my way home from work, and it's been paying off. I've got around half the available shinies in the game

Back