• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

△ HYRULE △ The Golden Era △ [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

NAIT the TWILI
Lon Lon Ranch

Chapter One: Part Five
Master of Disguise

"Don't you fear for your safety here? Is there any news of recent? Also… Do you live here alone?"

Malon looked up from her book with a sort of puzzled expression, as if to ask why he was interested in these things, though she answered him nonetheless. "My safety...?" Her expression was solemn for a moment, before she quickly covered it up with another smile. "I've been running this ranch for years, and so far nothing's happened. I can't imagine anything happening any time soon, either, after the dark king was sealed....." There, she trailed off. There was a pained gleam in her eyes. "Anyways, no... Even if there was danger, it'd easily be blocked at the gate. As for recent news... Nothing to speak of... Except maybe the Sealing Festival, tomorrow evening at Castle Town... Though I doubt I'll be going....." Once more, her expression lost its cheery smile. "And I do live here alone, yes, but I don't mind the occasional guest... It does get lonely here sometimes..."

Nait flicked his tail, grazing the boy's arm, as if to indicate the importance of what was just said. He settled himself in the boy's lap, curling for the extra comfort. It seemed like maybe the boy needed that same comfort, too. Malon yawned, standing. "It's getting late... I'm heading off to bed, you can go ahead and do whatever you'd like, but I hope you don't stay up too late. I'll be waking you at dawn for your breakfast~." The end of her sentence had formed into a longer yawn, and she stretched out her arms. "Sleep well, I'll see you tomorrow morning." With that, she headed up to the first bedroom right at the top of the stairs.

Nait waited until her door closed to turn to the boy. "I think it'd be a good idea for us to do the same, you know? A good night's sleep not only keeps you healthy, it lets your brain rest so that you can think more clearly throughout the day." He yawned himself, and his tail shifted slightly. "Unless you had other plans for the night?"

!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Mirrorskin
Outside the Gerudo Valley
~
Mirror couldn't help but tilt her head at the curiosity of the little girl, who made demands of information that she quite possibly would not be able to comprehend, were she to explain the nature and history of the Twili. To define her own race would have been a complex task, unable to be summarized in a mere paragraph or two, as though they were some kind of animal up for classification by superiors. Perhaps it was due to Nadia's naivety that she asked the question, Mirror pondered, but before she could continue with it, she felt the prickling sensation along her spine that often came when somebody intruded on her train of thought, as Nadia continued to do. It was incredibly disconcerting, and Mirror made her lack of enthusiasm clear through pursing her lips and gazing down at Nadia with both eyebrows raised.

"No, I am not Hylian, but the deception was meant to gain your trust and get you away from the sands." Mirror explained herself calmly, though the firmness in her voice was evident even to the Fairy that immediately went back to lusting after strips of material from the red cloak. "Children don't like strangers, but you're clearly not an ordinary child. So, please, will you enter the tent for the safety of the three of us?"

Game_sloth

That guy
Years
  • Age 30
  • AL
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Maleko's shift stretched through the night. As usual, nothing disturbed the unending peace of Zora's Domain.

I can't help but wish the would be a little bit of trouble. Maleko thought as he let out a brief sigh, leaning back against the domains wall and looking away from the waterfall and towards the city. He blinked and saw the twili, Kristi, as he opened his eyes. She was outside of Sven's home, about to make her way inside.

She just comes and goes at the blink of an eye. I bet it's quite convenient. A weird couple they are, Sven and Kristi. It's nice seeing someone that's not a Zora, though. Adds some varie... ACCK.

A blue tektite had made it's way into the domain and struck Maleko's leg. Swiftly with no remorse. In less than a second, Maleko repaid the small creature with as he spun his polearm around and shoved the tip through the creatures head, kicking it back through the waterfall afterwards.

How did that sneak up on me.. I didn't even hear a splash. It's almost as if it materialized at my feet.. Maleko pondered as he started to wrap up the area he had been struck. I'm sure it's nothing. I hope it's nothing, at least. The night is still early.

Maleko's concentration tightened as he returned to upright guard position, more ready to fight than ever.

Last edited:

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Diceon​
Hyrule Field​

Diceon laughed. The Ranch was maybe one of the closest locations and didn't seem like a bad idea at all, but it was private property which could lead to them being denied access. Although he wouldn't admit it, Diceon would probably sneak in if he had to as long as the intention of doing so was innocent. They walked off to Lon Lon ranch and as soon as they were within a few meters range of it, a large mob of skeletal monsters, no doubt Stalchildren, appeared before them by climbing out of the ground.

As the rose out of the ground, Diceon counted them all, five in total and all bearing short swords and small wooden shield. They were slowly rising from out of the ground although they appeared menacing though not enough fear was installed within Diceon to hold him back from fighting. Remembering the deft weaving and spinning he did with his pole previously, Diceon managed to skillfully hack one's arm off with his metal pole, and then line drove its head out of sight. Before he could land any blows on another Stalchild, a skeletal hand clutched his leg from the ground while he was sprinting towards another target. Diceon looked over his shoulder and saw a sixth Stalchild was halfway raised out the ground grabbing his leg, causing him to lose him balance and fall sideways.

Tatal​
Lon Lon Ranch​

"Anyways, no... Even if there was danger, it'd easily be blocked at the gate. As for recent news... Nothing to speak of... Except maybe the Sealing Festival, tomorrow evening at Castle Town... Though I doubt I'll be going... And I do live here alone, yes, but I don't mind the occasional guest... It does get lonely here sometimes..."

Malon's final statement reminded Tatal a lot of his life in the Lost Woods. It was very lonely and very often Tatal had lost a lot of his social skills and became more taciturn. As if hearing his thoughts, the boy-cat settled into his lap.

"It's getting late... I'm heading off to bed, you can go ahead and do whatever you'd like, but I hope you don't stay up too late. I'll be waking you at dawn for your breakfast~." she said after getting to her feet and yawning.

"I think it'd be a good idea for us to do the same, you know? A good night's sleep not only keeps you healthy, it lets your brain rest so that you can think more clearly throughout the day. Unless you had other plans for the night?" the cat said to him as soon as Malon closed the door and seemed to be out of earshot.

Tatal nodded at the cat although he really didn't want to go to sleep around strangers. Although he trusted that they wouldn't do him harm in his sleep, they might not be able to protect him as a guest although they were generous enough to give him a place to sleep.

"…As for recent news... Nothing to speak of... Except maybe the Sealing Festival, tomorrow evening at Castle Town... Though I doubt I'll be going..." Malon's words came to Tatal's attention. Maybe he could help her go there as she sounded to want to go to the festival although that would leave her ranch unprotected. Tatal shook his head side to side slowly as if to decline the opportunity although he did have an urge to do so. Tatal put this thought to the back of his mind.

"So before I sleep," Tatal began, directing his voice toward the cat and careful to keep his voice from rising, "who are you and what do you plan to do here?"

With that asked, Tatal allowed the cat to think over his answer as he looked at the bed in the room. It was the first real bed he had seen in years and it was tempting though Tatal had gone almost 4 days without sleep and for all he knew, it might be a long slumber although Cucco here will no doubt sound at the break of dawn if what he heard was true.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

NAIT the TWILI
Lon Lon Ranch

Chapter One: Part Six
Master of Disguise

"So before I sleep, who are you and what do you plan to do here?"

The cat followed him into the room as he spoke. "Few people have ever shown interest in me... What an unusual thing to ask." He waited for the boy to climb into bed before he leapt up and curled up on the top of the blanket. "My name is Nait. I'm here for the same reason you are, if that reason is shelter away from the monsters. This world... Intrigues me. However, the only part of it I'm unable to study is the monsters who appear at night, as I lack much fighting ability to defend myself with." Nait curled, though rested his head over his tail, his amber gaze softly glowing even in the dark.

"This world of light... Twili generally seem to avoid it, because it is so unlike our world, which is accustomed to darkness. My mother raised me differently, though. She told me that she once hated the light world as well, until she actually came to experience it and eventually grew fond of it, and its people. She taught me that no one is exactly what they appear to be. Even the seemingly kindest people can have a dark side, though the world isn't as cruel and unforgiving as we're expected to believe." He closed his eyes, feeling somewhat weary from his day. "I believe that you won't endanger me, and you haven't given me one reason to believe otherwise, which is why I'm comfortable here. You seem like a good person to me, at least."

!

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Nadia

Nadia gazed up at Mira as she raised her eyebrows and pursed her lips in apparent irritation. The young girl didn't understand what she'd done to bother her, as all she did was ask a question. As far as she was concerned, there wasn't anything wrong with it, but clearly she didn't understand that some people sometimes quarreled with one another when it came to race and superiority and the subject itself was sensitive. Mira confirmed that she was indeed not Hylian but disguised herself in order to gain Nadia's trust. She then requested Nadia to step into the tent for their safety, though the child assumed it was for something other than the creatures they fought off moments ago. They destroyed those things way too easily to be running from them now.

Nadia was very tempted to reply with, 'No, you didn't answer my question,' but the way Mira had said her last sentence made Nadia feel almost uneasy, so she kept her mouth shut and held eye contact with the 'shapeshifter' for a few moments more before finally giving in and slowly stepping inside the tent. She really wanted to know what race this person was! It reminded Nadia of the first time she saw a Zora, as the feeling of curiosity and wonder was no different from now. She was nearly always surrounded by other Hylians and appreciated meeting people different from herself every once in a while. It was the only thing she ever thought about besides avoiding getting killed and improving her magical abilities.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Doran grinned. He loved a good battle. "DAMN STALCHILDREN!" He watched Diceon go down. He slowly approached the Stalchild with a hold on his leg and brought his hammer down on its skull with full strength, completely obliterating it. He spun around and swung flaming fist at the second. It was practically incinerated. "Does anyone else want some?" The Stalchildren were a bit more reluctant, but they approached nonetheless. Doron swung his hammer as hard as he could at the first one's shield. It crumpled and wrapped itself around its arm. He finished it off with a back-handed blow. He looked to Diceon. "This'll be easy, lad." He then charged into the remaining Stalchildren, hammer swinging in every direction. Too easy.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
NIGHTFALL to DAWN OF THE NEXT DAY
With your next post, summarize the night or have your character fall asleep, and end your post with the beginning of the next day. From here, you may continue at your own pace (but be considerate of those your character is with).

Also be aware that the afternoon of this next day will hold the event SEALING FESTIVAL.

Last edited:

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Tatal
Lon Lon Ranch
"I believe that you won't endanger me, and you haven't given me one reason to believe otherwise, which is why I'm comfortable here. You seem like a good person to me, at least." Nait said curled up on the bed sheets. These words brought some comfort and more trust to Tatal.
"Twili…" Tatal whispered below the sound of his breath. He knew that whatever Nait was he wasn't Hylian or Kokiri but he had never heard of these Twili before. They were in all probability shape-shifters and possibly manifestations of shadows but they also seemed to be sentient lifeforms. He was an organism because of the fact that he mentioned a mother but he is definitely from another world accustomed.

The room was full of melancholy to Tatal and Nait gave reason to imply that his mother was either dead or in some other sort of predicament which forced him to live here though it must be inconvenient to remain in animal-form in the presence of Malon. How long had this boy spent on this ranch? Reverting to his regular mood, Tatal responded with a sigh.

"Well nonetheless it doesn't matter to me too much." Tatal said with an unconcerned tone though he really was curious but felt it was a subject that shouldn't be pushed further. More questions came to mind but it was not his place. He turned his back to Nait, a gesture not out of rudeness but more to give him time to contemplate on his own thoughts and after a few minutes, he became more relaxed. Not much later, Tatal's head hung limp and he went into slumber.

Diceon
With his leg free, Diceon charged into the fray although he now had a resolution not to fall behind to get saved.

"Thanks." Diceon shouted to the big Goron who was something of a wrecking ball in combat. Diceon used his pole to vault at the remaining two enemies and kicked one into the ground and his pole slammed against the other's neck with a heavy, momentum-powered impact although Shortly of clearing the mob of Stalchildren one after another arose from the ground. Counting them up, Diceon noticed 9 of the skeleton warriors in totals.

"There's too many of them!" Diceon shouted as he began to walk back. Their only hope would be to make it to the ranch. Turning around, Diceon dashed towards the gates of the ranch. As soon as he managed to reach the gate, he felt the air of a blade cutting through the air, and almost Tatal, behind him. He dove over the gate and fell, planting his head into the soil on the other side and a restraining pain that caused him to go comatose. He fell full flat on the ground and a small amount of blood trickled down his forehead.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

NAIT the TWILI
Lon Lon Ranch

Chapter One: Part Seven
Master of Disguise

It didn't take long for Nait to fall asleep, and he awoke early the next morning, though it felt like only a blink of an eye. As he stretched and yawned (in cat form, mind you) he realized that he was curled up on the blankets, resting on top of the stranger. Seemingly ironic considering what he was at the moment, but he didn't complain. He climbed down and sat on the nearby windowsil, watching the sun rise slowly in the horizon. "This world is truly beautiful... I wonder why my kind don't feel the same..." Nait's mumbling fell silent as he watched the Cuccos arise, fluttering about and starting to make excessive noise, acting as alarms, and likely waking the boy.

Shortly after the Cuccos, Malon's voice rang from downstairs. "Wake up, it's time for breakfast~!" She had set the table for herself, the boy, and even a milk dish for Nait! Tatal would find a plate of scrambled eggs and sausages waiting on his plate, sizzling and spreading a delicious scent throughout the room.

Nait turned his head. "Good morning, and... By the way... I never got your name."

!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back