• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first Pokèmon game??

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Everyone is saying the older games, while my first game was Black. I started in high school, where most people quit! I've gone back and played through some of the older games, and I sure am glad I went behind my parent's back and bought it on a band trip.

It's kind of funny, I bought two games (the other being Scribblenauts) and I ended up letting my friend borrow pokemon for the rest of the trip as I played Scribblenauts. I started once I got back home and my life has never been the same.

Years
Pokemon Silver. There was no Red/Blue/Yellow in Korea... I guess the next generation one was the only game to start with. Even then there was no Crystal and any of the 3rd generation games.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
250px-Red_EN_boxart.jpg

Back in '99.

Years
It's a two part answer for me. The first game that I actually got a chance to play for an extended period of time was Pokemon Yellow, though it belonged to my cousin. The first one I actually owned for myself was Pokemon Gold, which I believe I got for my 10th birthday. Surprised that after all these years my internal battery still works, considering so many others have had their's die out long ago.

Years
Mine was Emerald :3 And I don't regret it <3 I knew most of the pokemon from 1st gen since those were my childhood - but gen 3 was brand new to me so I didn't know anything about most of the pokemon that were in games :D But I got back into pokemon again - and since that day I've played most of the roms (original and hacks) that were completed and available to download <3

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
My first game was Pokémon Yellow. Since I was a huge fan of the Pokémon TV show, when I got the game it was a dream come true.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years
My very first game was Pokemon Red...
& my first pokemon (on the game & the TCG) was Charmander!
(Yes, I'm excited for Mega Charizard!)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
My first pokemon game was Blue. My cousins and I decided to get the game for Christmas, so me and one of my cousins went for blue while the other two got Red.

OmegaTL

Time Lord
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Well, I played Red, Yellow, Silver and Sapphire, which I played after a friend of mine had finished them, and I gave them back to him after I finished them. The first game I bought myself was actually Platinum, and since then I haven't had a single second hand game. It's always great to be able to restart them whenever you want. The first impression I had, while playing Red, was "omg this is awesome".

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
It was actually a spin-off that I started with; Blue Rescue Team. I still stand by that title being quite a underrated title.

As for main series titles, it was Emerald. While I only played it on my DS phat with the 2nd slot making it impossible to trade pokémon, I still enjoyed the title while waiting for Pokémon Pearl to come out.

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
Years
Pokemon Ruby version. I was only 7 years old when the game came out but I didn't play the game until a year later after it's original release. It's weird though because I would always watch the original anime series and collect PKMN cards but never played the games until Gen 3. That being said, I've never played any Gen 1 or Gen 2 main game, started with Gen 3.

Ruby -> FireRed -> Diamond -> Black -> White 2

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
Mine was Gold. i was 4 when i got it. it was actaully around ruby and sapphire came out and i think my brother gave it to me. but i dont remember much of it. i probably didnt understand what i doing lol. but it was very special to me. like i traded it for a skarmory card (give me a break i was 4 ok?) and i started having a meltdown and i finally got my game back...and kept the skarmory card hehehehehehe

Mia Mew

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 28, 2013
When I was a kid, I played the original Pokemon stadium with my big sis! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*: ・゚✧

It was really fun, and actually how I bonded with her. I was about 5, and she was 9, so we were kinda far apart in age, but whenever we played Pokemon, I felt like we actually had a chance to spend time together and laugh and have fun!! It was great.

She's 20 now, and I'm 99% sure she grew out of Pokemon, unfortunately. T_T

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2021
Pokemon Yellow. As a kid I loved the anime, and well hey, gotta get the version that's closest to it. Then along came GSC, then RSE, etc... It's been a long fulfilling relationship, Pokemon and I.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
That'd be Pokémon Pinball for the gameboy color. Well, it was actually Pokémon Pinball and Pokémon Red together but Pokémon Pinball was my first Pokémon that I touched and played all the way through.

Back