• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What's a Tympole?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Unova... full of many amazing, memorable Pokemon - Zekrom, Reshiram, Volcarona, Seperior - the list goes on!

However not every Pokemon found in Unova was lucky enough to be considered memorable. A lot ARE forgettable... which is ok because Unova introduced a lot of Pokemon! Too many, some may say, but that is a debate for another day.

Which of the Unova Pokemon do you find yourself forgetting about the most?

...and how did you manage to remember them again?? Maybe this thread will help jog memories!

Years
I'm sorry but Sewaddle is really forgettable and I literally don't do anything to remember it haha

blue

gucci
Years
Heatmor is quite forgettable imo. I can imagine Durant would be for some people, but for me it isn't as I used on in my main Black playthrough.

Years
I'd say Heatmor is hands-down the most forgettable Pokemon of this generation. I also guess the Karrablast and Shelmet lines, as well as Basculin and the Tympole line are easily forgotten as well.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Tympole was one of my main Pokémon in my first playthrough, so I don't know what you're talking about. =P

I'd say the elemental monkeys are most forgettable, especially since in a Japanese poll ranking everyone's favourite Pokémon, Simisear was dead last. xD

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Heatmor is really forgettable. It has a cool design, but at the same time, it's so late and rare (as I recall?) that you could possibly go through the game seeing it only once or not at all. It's not even good, either.

Maractus is another one I feel like people forget about, which is a shame because it's hella cute and it's a cactus!! Cactus!!!

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
I tend to forget the Minccino line exists. Simply put, it's an overly simple, bland Pika-esque design and the fact it's still forgettable even after it appears on the BW title screen speaks volumes on how uninteresting its design is, especially with a ton of creatively designed Pokemon around Unova. I'd even go far and say I find Maractus more memorable than it.

Another one is the mentioned Elgyem line. I don't want them to slip my mind because they have much more interesting designs than Minccino but I guess Unova just has a lot designs I prefer over the aliens.

Furthermore, I tend to forget Cyrogonal; I remember the design but not the name when I do the Gen 5 quizzes. :P

There's probably more but those are the prominent ones.

Years
I'm not surprised Elgyem and Beheeyem are being mentioned a lot here. I love their designs, but you do have to admit their stats are so wonky and they have pretty much nothing special going for them.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
There's probably a few I've forgotten about. I tend to briefly forget about the monkeys, Toxicroak, Darumaka and Sewaddle.

Years
I tend to forget the Minccino line exists. Simply put, it's an overly simple, bland Pika-esque design and the fact it's still forgettable even after it appears on the BW title screen speaks volumes on how uninteresting its design is, especially with a ton of creatively designed Pokemon around Unova. I'd even go far and say I find Maractus more memorable than it.

I only remember Minccino's line due to it being a good Skill Link abuser, on top of that fact you can get one easily in B2/W2. So while some people forget it, it does have redeeming qualities.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That's interesting actually. Minccino to be has always been the one I remembered because it seemed to stand out in marketing (and everything) but for small mousey creatures... I've just totally forgot Emolga exists which is such a shame cuz Emolga is SO much cooler. :')

Years
That's interesting actually. Minccino to be has always been the one I remembered because it seemed to stand out in marketing (and everything) but for small mousey creatures... I've just totally forgot Emolga exists which is such a shame cuz Emolga is SO much cooler. :')

I think I recall Minccino being common among 5th Gen marketing due to being a cute-looking Pokemon, and Bianca even had one in the anime to also promote that. Thankfully Emolga did end up caught by a main cast member in Iris since that now seems to be the fate of Pikaclones in the anime.

Emolga is still fun to use in the games, don't get me wrong. It's just that its bad reputation among players is because of how annoying Elesa's Gym is.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Basculin and Maractus, I stopped scrolling down the new Pokemon in BW list when I saw them. Reminded me that this is the fish with two different appearance, and no, I'm not looking at Cacnea or Cacturne.

Back