• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
I was trying to find a way to edit the word "HOENN" that appears when looking at a regular map. redriders180 stated that the text was stored at 0x42C5B5, but my question is, how do I edit that stored text?

You can probably go to that offset in A-Text and edit it there. Or, you can use a Ruby char table to convert your text to hex, although A-Text does that for you.

surfer treecko

help, how do I...?
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
The games simply uses the "giveitem" command followed by "end". Place that script in the Pokeball OW sprite on your map and it should work.
This causes the Pokeball to reappear as soon as I take a step. Is there a specific Trainer ID I'm supposed to use?

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
I used my PKSV to fight a celebi. But whenever I catch celebi it doesn't disappear, but when i run away or beat it, it says mewtwo flown away and it disappears.
#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
special 0x187
compare LASTRESULT 2
if == jump 0x81A7AE0
special 0x188
lock
faceplayer
checksound
cry CELEBI 2
waitcry
pause 0x14
playsound 0x156 0x0
battle CELEBI 0x52 BLACKFLUTE
setflag 0x807
special 0x138
waitspecial
removcesprite 0x800F
clearflag 0x807
special2 0x800D 0xB4
compare LASTRESULT 1
if == jump 0x8162558
compare LASTRESULT 4
if == jump 0x8162561
compare LASTRESULT 5
if == jump 0x8162561
setflag 0x211
fadescreen 0
release
end

The_Show

Banned
Years
This causes the Pokeball to reappear as soon as I take a step. Is there a specific Trainer ID I'm supposed to use?

here is an example script that you could base it off of (in XSE format):

Spoiler:

make sure the poke ball ID matches the setflag number, this makes the sprite disappear from the map forever (unless you use a clear flag)

And thanks to KhaosKnight and redriders180 for helping with my map problem, it works!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, I know this question has come up in the past, just not in this thread....

In ruby, would you need to use ASM to determine which battle music comes up when facing a certain trainer? I am trying to give a certain trainer a certain battle music, but I can't figure it out...

Last edited:

MrSandman64

Pokemon Moon Creator
Years
I was wondering if it is possible to expand the space of tileset 1 in the right box of Advancemap?
What I'm trying to do is instead of having to find all of the Pokemon center and mart tiles in the mess of tileset 1 I want to just add mine to the bottom of the tileset like most people do with the empty space available in tileset 2. I hope that this question isn't to confusing.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I was wondering if it is possible to expand the space of tileset 1 in the right box of Advancemap?
What I'm trying to do is instead of having to find all of the Pokemon center and mart tiles in the mess of tileset 1 I want to just add mine to the bottom of the tileset like most people do with the empty space available in tileset 2. I hope that this question isn't to confusing.

At the moment, it is impossible to resize that tileset. I suppose with ASM and repointing, it COULD be possible, but I think it is a limitation by the hardware as a whole, though not 100% sure.

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
I'm having a bit of trouble with palettes. Using JPAN's hacked engine, I inserted one new palette. I recently edited palettes 3-A (aka the eight reserved palettes after the hero's and the reflection one) to my liking. However, I did not put the OW with that custom palette on the map yet. I know about the hardware limitations for one custom palette per screen, and in this case, I used none in this map. But when I go to palette viewer on the vba, I see that my custom palette has somehow overwritten palette three, even though it wasn't even used in the map.

On a side note, after doing these palette changes, for some reason on certain maps using my custom ows, they dissaper when walking on certain tiles, as if they somehow got set to "00" rather than "tile covered by hero". Idk if it's a direct cause of this or something different, but if anyone could help with that as well, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I used my PKSV to fight a celebi. But whenever I catch celebi it doesn't disappear, but when i run away or beat it, it says mewtwo flown away and it disappears.
You're complicating it too much. All you need is this part:

#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checksound
cry CELEBI 2
waitcry
pause 0x14
playsound 0x156 0x0
battle CELEBI 0x52 BLACKFLUTE
fadescreen 0x1
disappear 0xINSERT CELEBI'S PERSON EVENT #
fadescreen 0x0
setflag 0x807
release
end

Make sure that you set celebi's person ID to 807. The person event number can be found on A-MAP incase you didn't know.

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
Okay, I solved my own problem with the dissapearing OWs, I messed up the hex in the OW table...simple mistake lol.

As for the palette ordeal, I'm still stuck.
The custom palette, if I'm not mistaken, should take one of the last, if not the last, placeholder in the palette viewer, instead of taking over an existing palette. How come when I added this one, it took over one of the reserved palettes? I don't have any other custom palettes on the map...and even when that OW is not on the map, the custom palette is still there overwriting a reserved one.

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
I have two big errors, help would be appreciated D: because I'm completely bamboozled.

First of all, the battle screen error which is horrendous to look at.
PokemonFireRed.png

Second, the trainer theme error, I assembled and imported the .s files in Sappy, and looped it, and it plays fine in Sappy, but it gives me a HORRIBLE noise above the track. I tried a backup ROM and repointed, and stuff, I even checked the .S file and there's nothing wrong with it! (be warned, it's loud and an atrocity to listen to):
http://www.filexoom.com/showfile-31429/error.wav

ED: So um, the original link 404s D: so here's a re upload.
http://plunder.com/AJ26PXMJ75

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
Occasionally, when I insert a new map into my ROM (right now I'm using Ruby, I've used Emerald and Fire Red before), I make the map too big or something, and it ends up overwriting and corrupting another map, or it screws with the number of blocks in the second tileset. Is there a way to keep this from happening? Maybe using a ROM base with all the scripts and maps removed, so there's no danger of overwriting stuff? If so, where could I find a base like that?

WalkOn

Hazama
Years
Small question.

Is there a place where i can write about my own idea of a hack and get peoples opinion on it? i know there is the showcase forum but i dont have any progress yet and i just wanted to start writing and sharing my ideas and what i think its about and stuff. i hope there is such a section since i dont have made any big steps in making the hack, just putting together ideas, story ideas and world ideas.

greetz.

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
that sound easy but i have no clue on what to do when it comes to Hex edit since i get very lost when i see all those numbers

If you want to hack, you're going to have to familiarize yourself with hex. It's what the game is built on.

anybody know a link to hackmew's tileset animation editor?

I'm not sure if Hackmew made a tileset animation editor... Lu-Ho did make one, if thats' who you mean.

It's bad for the community to link to other forums :P but it's here. (Lu-Ho's)
http://forums.petalburgwoods.com/thread/4683-tileset-animation-editor/

NOTE: Does anyone have an answer to my question? :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back