• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Power, Wisdom, and Courage: The Legend of Zelda Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Hohoh, thanks for keeping this club alive during my absense, new members. : > You're all very welcome~

You're also welcome to join into the conversation we had going on before regarding the following question:

What's your favourite area in the Legend of Zelda games?

Reason? music, lay-out, characters, quests?
+post a picture of the area for effect.
you can post your favourite areas of more than one game. : >

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Favorite area? Hm... Most likely the Hidden Village in Twilight Princess.
Hidden_Village.jpg

Why? First off, the music is awesome. Makes it really feel like one of those old gunslinger movies. On top of that, you get to have fun finding every possible way to kill a Bokoblin. Personally, I would don the Zora Armor, burn my wooden shield, equip the Ordon Sword and run in attacking. Called myself the great Zora, an imitation of Zoro, for those that know who that is. The Cat minigame unlocked afterward is also fun, if not challenging.

Other than that, my only favorite places are the Pirate Hideout in Majora's Mask, and the Gerudu Fortress in Ocarina Of Time.
Piratefortressinside.png

GerudoFortressMap.jpg

I love the stealth element introduced, although Gerudu Fort was much more difficult, as the guards didn't stay out. The Pirate hideout, however, was much more puzzle oriented. If they allowed you to, I would love to refight the Gerudu Fortres again and again. The music is fitting, but it could have been better, especially for the Pirate Hideout. It sounded a bit too much like a dungeon than anything.

(Pictures on the way)

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Hmmm mostly the music is what makes me love the places xD They're all great though.

I really like the Hyrule Field in Twilight Princess, not just because of the music, I just love how it's so big and expansive and it so easily connects all the places, they just did an excellent job with it.
350px-South_Hyrule_Field.jpg

I also love the
Spoiler:

I also love almost every part of TP it and SS were the best Zelda gamess imo <3

In OOT, I like the Kokiri Forest, mostly because of the music. In Wind Waker I love the sea itself, and Outset Island, and in Skyward Sword I love the Sky and idk everything Skyward Sword was amazing <3

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
Username: Gideon Jeremiah
Favorite LoZ game: Link to the Past
Triforce Section: Wisdom

What is your favorite character, and why?
Vaati. He planned for something malicious, & nearly succeeded.

What is your favorite instrument used in the games?
The Ocarina, absolutely the Ocarina.

Who is your favorite partner? (Midna, Navi, etc.)
Midna. She was simply fantastic!

MonoSpectator

Neighborhood Psycho
Years
Username: MonoSpectator
Favorite LoZ game: LoZ: Twilight Princess and LoZ: Ocarina of Time
Triforce Section: Wisdom

My favorite character would probably be Zant or Skull Kid.
My favorite instrument used would have to be the Ocarina.
My favorite partner would have to be Midna :3 She's awesome.

As for the other two, I'm not really sure X3

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Just a personal thing but I feel like Majora's mask isn't treated with canonicity as it should. There's no evidence in the other games beyond the actual game Majora's Mask that it exists.

Also I was thinking the other day and got a massive headache as I feel lost on why Ganondorf is sometimes referred to as Ganon

I love the music that person made for Majora's Mask. They really did a great job with the music, sound effects and website.

Welcome, new members!

I was also going to reference this. I felt that it was a good adaptation. Theophany made this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H18-Ynp8Biw

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Username: LilJz1234
Favorite LoZ game: WindWaker
Triforce Section: Courage

What is your favorite character? Link obviously. Even tho he doesn't talk much in the games, he's just an ordinary boy who proves that he can beat even the most vile sorcerer if he has enough courage :D

What is your favorite instrument used in the games? Ocarina. The idea of it was pretty original

Who is your favorite partner? Midna, she was funny and she helped you along your quest

Who is your favorite incarnation of Link? Link I would say the one from Windwaker, he was just so cute and funny looking. As for Zelda, I would say the one in Twilight Princess.

Who was the hardest and easiest boss for you? The hardest was Ganon in Ocarina of Time and the easiest was Ganon in Windwaker.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Hi, welcome new members!

I just got wii points for Christmas and I used them to buy Majora's Mask, I really must be bad at this game because I have no idea what I'm doing lmao. (about to go into Woodfall Temple). Do you have to rush through the temples in order to complete them before the night of the third day?

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Just a personal thing but I feel like Majora's mask isn't treated with canonicity as it should. There's no evidence in the other games beyond the actual game Majora's Mask that it exists.

Also I was thinking the other day and got a massive headache as I feel lost on why Ganondorf is sometimes referred to as Ganon

I was also going to reference this. I felt that it was a good adaptation. Theophany made this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H18-Ynp8Biw

I'll give a listen to it later, but as to your question. This my explanation for the Ganondorf-Ganon question, which I picked up by reading several things.

Ganondorf is, as far as I'm concerned, the human being that we know as the King of the Gerudo.
Ganon, to me, is the twisted version who could not handle the power he was given by the Triforce of Power... and got changed into this giant boar. All the further reincarnations mention Ganon in the context of the beast (see Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess) and Ganondorf as the person (Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess Wind Waker).

Spoiler:

And about Majora's Mask's lack of references. My guess is as good as yours, but I'm inclined to link Majora's Magic to that of the Twilight Magic (compare to Midna's mask) (and because I can, Dark Link as well //Headcanon ahoy). This can explain why Hyrule itself has no references to Majora as it's magic was sent to the other world. And Termina is a mirror world of Hyrule... not Hyrule itself.

Hi, welcome new members!

I just got wii points for Christmas and I used them to buy Majora's Mask, I really must be bad at this game because I have no idea what I'm doing lmao. (about to go into Woodfall Temple). Do you have to rush through the temples in order to complete them before the night of the third day?

Best is if you play the reverse song of time to slow down time. This gives you plenty of time to finish each dungeon (and do the side quests as well.) You can use http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda06-majoras-mask-walkthrough.php as a walkthrough for the game, so that you don't miss anything. :3

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Thank you Kotowari! I'll try the inverted song, though I want to try without a walkthrough first. ;3

I also believed that the Majora's Magic and the Twili's Magic were just opposites of each other. The Twili left behind the Twilight Mirror, and the Majoras left behind the mask. Though of course I haven't actually beaten the game so I don't know anything other than the basics about the mask.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Speaking of Majora's Mask, I heard that the Stone Tower Temple music is a palindrome, it's mostly the same song when played backwards. Anyone tried this yet?

Also I finally got Twilight Princess working again! ...Yay... After playing Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask for so long, it seems Twilight Princess Link runs too fast and careless. It's hard to get used to.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
No, I haven't. But it would work quite will with the flipped tower. :'D

If he's too fast and careless compared to Time, it fits his character quite well. I see him as more rash and untamed than Time was. He's more a cowboy than a forest boy. xD

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
You mean harder to control? I think the opposite! Majora's Mask Link keeps autojumping off ledges and getting himself killed! Or maybe I'm just bad at this game?

There needs to be a new Zelda asap so that this club can become 10x more active n_n

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
No, no, that's not what I meant. |D; I didn't mean the actual game controls, I'm meaning Link's character, his personality. Because, believe it or not, our silent protagonist has one. ;'3

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
No, no, that's not what I meant. |D; I didn't mean the actual game controls, I'm meaning Link's character, his personality. Because, believe it or not, our silent protagonist has one. ;'3

I meant controls too. It's easier to judge distance and Link seems to grab ledges easier in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. In Twilight Princess, he seems to jump off edges more often when I don't want him to, and he never seems to grab ledges when he jumps. I guess it's due to being used to Nintendo 64 Zelda physics for so long.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Twilight jumps of cliffs more often, yes. But I find it more "real" that you have to carefully approach the edge to "hang" from it, it's also the same with Sky's game. If you make wild movements, it's harder to catch the edge than just jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back