• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokepal17's tut no.1 - Resizing Overworlds

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I wasn't resizing the Old Man
I was doing the biker...
And the problem is also that I can't do it with Overworld Changer...

Well the pointers for unknown 1 and 2 were for 64x64 OW sprites. So if you were resizing the biker to 64x64 you should have made the same alterations as I did in the tutorial.

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
I tried following this to change the may ow in FR and when i search in the hex editor it says it cant find the pointer.

The sprite pointer is 083A0470 and I search for 70043A08 which seems to match what you did but it still doesnt find it. But when I copy/paste what you did it finds the old man.

Last edited:

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2009
I tried following this to change the may ow in FR and when i search in the hex editor it says it cant find the pointer.

The sprite pointer is 083A0470 and I search for 70043A08 which seems to match what you did but it still doesnt find it. But when I copy/paste what you did it finds the old man.
I am having the same problem too.
I am changing Deoxys's Defense Form OW sprite, which the pointer is 08930328. I looked for 28039308 and nothing came up.
EDIT:Never mind I fixed it. I used the wrong pointer, its in Info1:Sprite Header.
EDIT2:Ok how did you find the offset of 71A23C? I would like to know so I can do it myself. I have no idea how you got to that offset so I can't continue.

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I am having the same problem too.
I am changing Deoxys's Defense Form OW sprite, which the pointer is 08930328. I looked for 28039308 and nothing came up.
EDIT:Never mind I fixed it. I used the wrong pointer, its in Info1:Sprite Header.
EDIT2:Ok how did you find the offset of 71A23C? I would like to know so I can do it myself. I have no idea how you got to that offset so I can't continue.

Use FSF and search for the data size converted into decimal. Or do the same with a hex editor.

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2009
Use FSF and search for the data size converted into decimal. Or do the same with a hex editor.
Free Space Byte:FF
Needed Bytes:2048
Skip Interval:16
Dec:2048
Hex:800
Search from the beginning of the Rom
Should I search for it like that? Because I get 3C9DB8, and even when I search for that in Hex Workshop, it can't find it.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Free Space Byte:FF
Needed Bytes:2048
Skip Interval:16
Dec:2048
Hex:800
Search from the beginning of the Rom
Should I search for it like that? Because I get 3C9DB8, and even when I search for that in Hex Workshop, it can't find it.

Serach after 0x700000 because sometimes FF isn't free space.

TehBazzard

Main creator of FireRed+
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2009
Hex workshop searches bytes, not offsets, use the goto opton to goto an offset.
Well I am there.
I also have tryed to insert my hex. But I get this error in Overworld Editor:
Error 63 (Bad Record Number) in procedure LoadSpriteStructure of frmOverworldEditor.
What did I do wrong?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Well I am there.
I also have tryed to insert my hex. But I get this error in Overworld Editor:
Error 63 (Bad Record Number) in procedure LoadSpriteStructure of frmOverworldEditor.
What did I do wrong?

I don't know, I never got that error. Sorry.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
This is interesting. Thanks for this, I'm interested into looking into what else I could change.

Would you happen to know of any variables tangled up in the hex to change the sprite frame count?
I was hoping to add more frames so I can have gym leaders walk.

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
This is interesting. Thanks for this, I'm interested into looking into what else I could change.

Would you happen to know of any variables tangled up in the hex to change the sprite frame count?
I was hoping to add more frames so I can have gym leaders walk.

Unfortunately not. I had a little experiment and it seems that the number of frams dpeneds on the OW slot so if I took the player data and pasted that ocer the policeman data, the player would only have 8 frames instead of the full 20.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Unfortunately not. I had a little experiment and it seems that the number of frams dpeneds on the OW slot so if I took the player data and pasted that ocer the policeman data, the player would only have 8 frames instead of the full 20.

Oh, I see. Oh well.
Guess I'll just have to make do and overwrite some trainers. :)

Thanks again!

ryolo

talking meowth
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2010
how do i search for the offset things in hex workshop?

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
everytime I change a new frame, saving on Hex Worshop to a new offset for the Hero frames, it reverts the previous frame to a full black sprite.
What have I done wrong?

eg; I sprite frame 1 of the hero sprite, then go and make a new offset for frame 2 and when I reopen in OERE frame 1 and 2 are entirely black.

Back