• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Will you replay at some point?

Years
Do you plan to replay the game in a new save file at some point? If so, what do you plan to do differently (if you have an idea)?

I'm planning on replaying sometime and perhaps cycling through a team of 18 Pokémon! That way I can keep myself (hopefully) slightly less overleveled.

Years
I used to replay the games a lot. I guess it's representative of growing up; I have much less free time now, and the games don't feel quite as replayable as they did back in the day.

I own both BD and SP. SP has the most progress and is the most "competitive-ready" (since I was able to avail of the cloning glitches and clone some EV training items). I'll probably use BD if I ever want to try a Nuzlocke or something, but I don't think I'll replay for leisure; I'll play Platinum, in that case.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I think if I ever want to revisit Sinnoh, I might. But with the lack of pokemon, it is kinda hard to replay without having a similar team than your last. Unlike XY. BWBW2, and even SwSh with so many pokemon, it can make every play through feel unique and worth replaying.

It is rare that I replay video games now days and when I replay Pokemon, it is usually XY and BW because those are my favorite games.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Sinnoh without HM slaves is my favorite region, and I liked the extra challenge added to gym leaders and Elite Four. What makes hard to say that I definitely will is the awful Pokémon variety. It's hard to build a team in these games without using the same Pokémon from previous playthroughs due to the lackluster Pokédex. Luckily at least we have some extra options in the underground, but still that doesn't apply to trainers whose rosters are complete garbage: the Gyarados spamming Fishermen, the Geodude spamming Hikers, the Wurmple spamming Galaxy grunt, etc.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Probably. I replay all the Pokémon games from time to time.

Years
I have just reached the Pokemon League on my second save file of Brilliant Diamond and this is my team

Torterra (Male)
Chatot (Male)
Pachirisu (Male)
Gastrodon (East Sea) (Male)
Skuntank (Male)
Mamoswine (Male)

I used the Female Chatot that you get from the trade in Eterna City then swapped it for a Male Chatot when I caught one on Route 222 just before Sunyshore City and I used the West Sea Shellos/Gastrodon which I caught at the Valley Windworks until I reached Route 213 and caught the East Sea Shellos then evolved it into Gastrodon as I like the East Sea form more than the West Sea form.

Skuntank learns Flamethrower as soon as it evolves from Stunky and not many people realise this when they are after a Fire type for a Sinnoh playthrough yes I know its a Poison/Dark type but still an honorary Fire type, so that was the reason I included it on my team, Pachirisu is seriously underrated it helped me take down Crasher Wake along with Torterra to deal with Quagsire, this playthrough is also the first time I have ever raised a Mamoswine as I found one as a Swinub in the Grand Underground.

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
I still prefer Platinum due to the larger variety of Pokémon and things like Distortion World and Battle Frontier, so I'd probaby replay Platinum instead of BDSP if I wanted to travel through Sinnoh again

Years
I haven't even beat it yet. I don't really think I enjoyed these remakes as much as I'd hoped. I just wish they added the Platinum content.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I think it is much more likely that I will track down the DS and replay Platinum

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I plan on replaying it with some kind of challenge/team restriction. I cycled through 10 Pokémon in my main team and I was still slightly overleveled. The team variety is also lacking since many of the Pokémon I want to use are only obtainable after the National Dex. I don't want to use Luxray, Gastrodon, Floatzel, and so on because I've used them multiple times before...

I agree that Pachirisu was surprisingly useful. When Electric attacks weren't effective, Pachirisu did some solid damage with Super Fang.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I will at some point, but I definitely feel a preference towards Platinum - so i'm more likely to replay that instead.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 8, 2023
Ye i plan trying to start the game with a Riolu and see how it goes from there.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
Nope. I highly doubt that I would ever replay this game again. Sinnoh was always my least favorite region and the game overall was just disappointing.

Back