• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Not exactly a game, but not a hack

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Ipod Touch Simulator for Windows

I am coding an iPod Touch simulator for the pc. Which I call...PcPod! I have had a lot of time on my hands because of summer break. I have only coded this for a couple of hours so it's not that great so far.

Now I would like to show off my ideas, and maybe people could help me. I am using GameMaker 6.1 since that is what I am used to.

Progress:
Lockscreen: 75%(Clock+Actual Slider instead of Tap)
Safari: 0%
Calendar: 0%
Mail: 0%
Contacts: 0%
Youtube: 0%
Stocks: 100% (FINALLY)
Maps: 0%
Weather: 0%
Clock:0%
Calculator: 0%
Notes: 0%
Settings: 0%
Docked Apps: 0%
Springboard: 50%

Controls:
F1 - Exit App
F2 - Screenie :D

SCREENIES:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Haha! I had an idea for an iPhone simulator when I was getting back into RMXP. I Must say, good work!

Ven

Tyrian
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2011
I don't think it would be that hard to add aps, but you'd have to enable internet connection, and I highly doubt you could connect to the actual app store, it would be a better idea to just use appulous as the fake app store.

Anyway, this seems pretty cool!
I'm curious about how you;re going to code safari xD
Anyways, good luck.

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
If i were to use this would i have to jailbreak this too? Jk. Cool idea and it looks great so far. Good luck

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
The poster above reminded me, if you want a base for safari, there is a guy on HBgames.org who coded a web browser in RMXP ;)

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
There is a DLL for GM that can open a web browser ingame.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Or if you have a mac you already have a simulator. Or you could buy an iphone or ipod touch lol.
But it is neat to see someone take on a project like this. It is a hobbie after all and it's nice to see you try your hand at something different.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Thank you for the support everybody. I am saving up for the macbook white, so this project will be transferred over to there. I know that once I get a MacBook, I will have an iPhone Simulator. BUT, since I have used Windows all my life, I know that there is no ipod simulators. That is why I am trying to make one for everybody to enjoy. :D

Funny. But good luck with you. Sounds like it would be fun. Would you be able to get "apps"?
Umm...I don't think I could program that. I think I will program, a few working apps.

REMINDER: THIS IS CODED IN GM6 NOT RMXP!

I need somebody or some people to work on contacts, music, videos, itunes, photos, ANYTHING and a working clock.

Last edited:

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
Awesome idea! I love it :)! When will it be up for download but theres one question.
What does this have to do with Pokemon? can we play pokemon emu's on this?

Back