• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Bonds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016

Pokémon Bonds

Hack information:
Hack Name: Pokémon Bonds
ROM Base: Pokémon Fire Red
Date of commencement: November 17th 2011
Language: English
Creator: Alignment
Release: N/A​

Intro:

Hello fellow PC members. My name is Alignment, I'm back with a new hack that I'm going to start up. I started a hack called Pokémon Celestium almost a year back. I was forced to put it on pause because of my school life. However, a couple of weeks ago when I touched it again, I realized that I lacked the skill I once had to continue it without dropping it's overall quality. Thus I started this hack in hopes that I can pick up some of the things I before I head back to working on Celestium. In other words this is a practice hack (though that doesn't mean I'm not going to put in any effort into it because I will).

Story:

Spoiler:

Features:

Spoiler:

Screenshots:

Ordered from oldest to newest
zivo2c.jpg
mwefxg.jpg

mt6kp5.jpg
2ly52ls.jpg

mihqbp.jpg
117rcpu.jpg

Video:

Spoiler:

Support Banners

None so far D;

Credits:

Kyledove - tiles
Zekku-trees

End:

Thank you for taking the time to read through this thread, I appreciate any criticism you can give. Currently no release.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Judging by the screenshots, you seem to be able to continue Celestium anytime you want ;)

Anyway, my opinion is that if you're going to make Celestium, don't start this other project because it's only going to be in the way. Choose either one.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Yeah, unless Celestium is REALLY complicated, which would be odd since no hacks are that complicated, I would suggest going back to that one. Not because this one's bad or anything, just for your general interests.

This hack looks good though, except for the grass palette. Try tinkering with it a little bit. Of course, I'm just saying that because I spend hours on mine and expect perfect palettes. ;)

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
I never heard of Celestium, but anyway, this is looking good. I agree with the grass palate; tad bright there...

Well, if you're still going to take on this hack, good luck to you. However,like the others have said, don't let this get in the way of your other hack.
(Don't know if I can ask this for sake of going slightly off-topic, but how much effort did you out in Celestium by the way?)

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Judging by the screenshots, you seem to be able to continue Celestium anytime you want ;)

Anyway, my opinion is that if you're going to make Celestium, don't start this other project because it's only going to be in the way. Choose either one.

Well, I'm already in it pretty deep, and honestly speaking I forgot a lot of the scripting stuff, yesterday I stumbled upon an old script and had a hard time try to figure out what some of the commands were (I don't usually comment my scripts). I also forgot the basic ASM that I knew. I've been working with object oriented programming and all this seems a tad bit random to me.

Thanks for the concern/praise, appreciated.

Yeah, unless Celestium is REALLY complicated, which would be odd since no hacks are that complicated, I would suggest going back to that one. Not because this one's bad or anything, just for your general interests.

This hack looks good though, except for the grass palette. Try tinkering with it a little bit. Of course, I'm just saying that because I spend hours on mine and expect perfect palettes. ;)

Wow, now that I look at it I see what you mean. The grass palettes are a little bit too bright. I'll get around to fixing that sometime today, thanks for pointing it out.

I never heard of Celestium, but anyway, this is looking good. I agree with the grass palate; tad bright there...

Well, if you're still going to take on this hack, good luck to you. However,like the others have said, don't let this get in the way of your other hack.
(Don't know if I can ask this for sake of going slightly off-topic, but how much effort did you out in Celestium by the way?)

Well, it almost a year old since any content for it had been released so I don't blame you for not knowing. I spent about 4-5months working on it in a daily basis, thanks for you feed back.
---------------------------------------------------------

Updates:

Alright, first off I'd like to say that I do plan on continuing this hack until it is finished (Which I don't expect to be too long). After this it's Celestium. I'll be sure to control my priorities.

Sprite updates can be seen within the screenshots, I've only done one of the rival sprites in the update below (I have the other wone done as well, but another update for another time).

Screens:
2cdk5ch.jpg

End of the first root :D

4t69hk.jpg

Auqnata city. Talking to a fisher man dude

rwucsg.jpg

Stan the nerd, lives in a makeshift library.

rlyiwp.jpg

359a4d3.jpg

Little bit of Slowpoke comedy ;)

29zvsbk.jpg

Rival, I think his over world came out pretty well. I beat him though :D

vosmqe.jpg

My failed attempt at spriting him.

c57c8.jpg

Start of route 2, north end refers to the top, the bottom of route two is at the exit of View Point Cave.

dvlf6o.jpg

Entrance to viewpoint cave

----------------------------------------------------

Please ignore the bright grass, I will fix it :D

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Wow, now that I look at it I see what you mean. The grass palettes are a little bit too bright. I'll get around to fixing that sometime today, thanks for pointing it out.

Anytime, bud. I'm picky about palettes and tiles despite my terrible excuses for them. ;)

Updates:

Alright, first off I'd like to say that I do plan on continuing this hack until it is finished (Which I don't expect to be too long). After this it's Celestium. I'll be sure to control my priorities.

So, is this a full-sized hack or a miniature one with a shortened story/plot/league? Either way, it looks nice.

Time to get picky: (hooray!)

Screens:
2cdk5ch.jpg

End of the first root :D

Slight tile error under the bridge, if you look closely there's water under it where there should be rock. Easy fix.

4t69hk.jpg

Auqnata city. Talking to a fisher man dude

More bridge tile errors. Nothing serious.

rwucsg.jpg

Stan the nerd, lives in a makeshift library.

No problems, except you might want to create a new tile where the bookcases overlap, since right now it just looks a little odd.

rlyiwp.jpg

359a4d3.jpg

Little bit of Slowpoke comedy ;)

Priceless, as always, except for the grammatical error. Slowpoke fell asleep IN half/mid-sentence would be the better way to say it. ;)

...and bridge error :)

29zvsbk.jpg

Rival, I think his over world came out pretty well. I beat him though :D

I think it did too.

vosmqe.jpg

My failed attempt at spriting him.

Well, better than I can do! Looks okay actually.

c57c8.jpg

Start of route 2, north end refers to the top, the bottom of route two is at the exit of View Point Cave.

I don't see any problems here...

dvlf6o.jpg

Entrance to viewpoint cave

The door is a slight tile error... But well done otherwise.

Please ignore the bright grass, I will fix it :D

Thank you for taking my suggestion to heart :)

josh354

Scripter
Years
This is looking very nice. I love the choices for tiles, although the tree palette seems off to me? I don't know how to describe it but it doesn't fit with the other tiles IMO. Other than that keep up the work and can't wait for you to work on Celestium again :D

Mr Marine

The Legedary Pirate
Years
the sprite of blake is good you could use him as the main character in future releases.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
This is looking very nice. I love the choices for tiles, although the tree palette seems off to me? I don't know how to describe it but it doesn't fit with the other tiles IMO. Other than that keep up the work and can't wait for you to work on Celestium again :D

Thanks bud, you know why I named him Blake ;)

Pretty awesome, although I wish more people would make ruby hacks.
Yeah, I've never tried. Maybe I'll give it a shot later, much later.

Anytime, bud. I'm picky about palettes and tiles despite my terrible excuses for them. ;)

So, is this a full-sized hack or a miniature one with a shortened story/plot/league? Either way, it looks nice.

Time to get picky: (hooray!)

Slight tile error under the bridge, if you look closely there's water under it where there should be rock. Easy fix.

More bridge tile errors. Nothing serious.

No problems, except you might want to create a new tile where the bookcases overlap, since right now it just looks a little odd.

Priceless, as always, except for the grammatical error. Slowpoke fell asleep IN half/mid-sentence would be the better way to say it. ;)

...and bridge error :)

I think it did too.

Well, better than I can do! Looks okay actually.

I don't see any problems here...

The door is a slight tile error... But well done otherwise.

Thank you for taking my suggestion to heart :)
+5 nice eye you got there points

the sprite of blake is good you could use him as the main character in future releases.
Thanks, I'll think about it, though I kinda wanted to make something new for the hero.

Updates:

sgtm48.jpg

End of the cave, and continuation of the route

dr8sj4.jpg

Dat be my ether

egwbck.jpg

Peaceful walking through routes and stuff, felt like this pic reminded me of myself when I'm stalking people.

v7rv68.jpg

route 3 the entrance, still working on it.

So I haven't done a lot lately, mainly because I've been working hard for school stuff and also because I started to play League of Legends, so yeah. I'll try my best to throw out content whenever I can though. Next update I swear I'll fix up those grass pallettes.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
I'll just critique again for funzies :)
BTW, thanks for the points... are they exchangeable for anything?

sgtm48.jpg

Looks as good as ever

dr8sj4.jpg

Dat be my ether too.

egwbck.jpg

The windows have slight color errors... and you stalk people?

v7rv68.jpg

Looks good, I like the new sign palette a lot. Have I told you how much I like the big trees? Cause I do... and I'll stop rambling. ;)

Eventually I'll get around to playing your hack. Once the semester turns I might be able to take a shot. Looking forward to it!
Whoops, "currently no release". :P

Last edited:

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
Hey Alignment, do you need any mapping help man? I need to start somewhere :) I am a newbie when It comes to Rom Hacks, but I need to start somewhere :)

SammieLily2

Writer Extraordinare
Years
This is looking super nice. I love the tiles - I really don't see any brightness problems in the grass tiles, but that's probably just me.
On the cave door: A few pixels look out of place on the door. If you look closely, there's light brown right next to the dark grey of the door. Those shouldn't be there.

Other than that, I think it looks amazing~
Have fun with this,
~Sammie

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2012
Just download and started to play pokemon celetisum today. ( great hack big fan of fakemon.) cool that your gonna make another. Will there be fakemon too? Break a leg on your next one :)

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Sorry, XERIQ8jesta_laghoul, but please don't revive a thread that hasn't been posted in for over a month.

Alignment, if you would like this thread to be reopened then just message either myself or giradialkia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back