• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun Casscade

The Sun's Water
Years
Just a question, if you were planning to Co-GM a RP with someone and they go inactive, are you allowed to continue the process without them, or do you wait for their return?

Yeah, basically what -DeepImpact-said. One of the better points of being a Co-GM is having the authority to continue the RP for whoever the GM was.

Okay sorry, wanted to say something relativity close to the subject at hand, where I'm not a pest. I just wanted to advertise my RP Digimon: The Video Game War! still 5 open spots, and the only spot taken is mine. Haha, so yeah. Anyways...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Okay sorry, wanted to say something relativity close to the subject at hand, where I'm not a pest. I just wanted to advertise my RP Digimon: The Video Game War! still 5 open spots, and the only spot taken is mine. Haha, so yeah. Anyways...
I saw it but I'm already in a (slooooow) Digimon RP and I think I just didn't feel like joining another one now :3

I have an idea but I don't want to GM more RPs atm xD

A journey-esque RP where pokémon training isn't something kids do. Battling means pitting pokémon against each other and see them fight for real, in a more animal like way. Moves aren't the common ones; rather the trainer has invented moves after considering the abilities and skills of the pokémon, and they have to train in order to be able to pull of these special moves in battle. Levels won't be necessary and evolution... I dunno. The trainer may shout them out or just let the pokémon fight in its own way. Trainers could be required to enter the battlefield alongside the pokémon and thus armor and other things to protect the trainer are common. No weapons though, as the trainer isn't allowed to attack, and the pokémon isn't allowed superficial armor, only its natural body and accessories (like Cubone's club or Farfetched's leek)

So, the journey part would be traveling to the different gyms to beat them all, only gyms don't just have a leader to beat. They are tournaments and the last trainer standing gets a badge every week or so. And they get money from the losers, of course. Random trainer battles on the road aren't common, since it's so dangerous, but they do happen. All battles require a judge - if there is no judge then it's not a proper battle and is considered law breaking violence, on the same level as if two people would beat each other up in a street. And there could be this huuuge tournament at Indigo Plateau or corresponding place in another region, where only trainers with all the badges are allowed to enter. The victor there will be crowned the Champion and get a lot of price money.

Kind of like that movie, Real Steel, where people travel and battle with robots to earn money.

Ice.

Ice.
Years

I'm pretty sure you can go on. I mean, it's one of the good points of having a co Gm, isn't it? If one of you is unable to get on PC anymore, the other can take over and control the RP.

This happened to me with my Percy Jackson RP a few months ago, my friend who was also the co GM of this RP had o leave PC for personal reasons so I had decided to take over.

Thank you for the information. Now, to announce the project i've mentioned here a while ago and has been worked on for around two months now, the Nation RP.

For those needing an explanation/ refresher, the Nation RP is an idea for a RP that plays a different perspective than most RPs. While in most RP's you are responsible for a character, maybe two if you make two, but in the Nation RP, you control an entire country that you create to your specifications. In the RP, you are in charge of dealing with all of the affairs in the country, and also deal with external affairs that affect your country. Yout goal is to keep your nation running however you please. You will be playing a country in modern times, so think of todays technology. However, an international threat that is affecting all countries is in need of dealing with. A criminal organization, known as the theory, are causing havoc all over the world, stretching their limbs all over the world. The are very influential, and control many corporations, politicians and military functions. The Theory have goals of conquering the world, and only a full, dedicated force can stop them. But other affairs such as disasters, wars, policies, negogiations, economic decisions musg be dealt with. The question is, what will be done.

Okay, that is the teaser. A few things:

I need a Co-GM or two. Anyone who is interested send me a message.

I have all the system mostly planned out.

I need a map. Any artists who would be willing to help can send me a message.

More will be shared in the next week.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I do apologize from my absence from this thread. Senior year is quite hectic. Anyways, I feel like I have the time now to put up my own RP, and I would like an interest check and some feedback on these three ideas. And which would be best?

Roleplay Ideas

KANTO IN CHAOS - Disease infects humans and gives them a hunger for pokemon flesh and thirst for pokemon blood, as well as superhuman powers. Players control Pokemon characters, trying to survive and avoid the metahumans at all costs.

Kanto Conquest - Old-age battle between two feudal families in ancient Kanto. Players control a member of either family, as well their Pokemon counterpart. A story of forbidden love, loss, friendship, and war. (Based VERY, VERY loosely on Pokemon Conquest)

Imprisoned - Players play as different species of animals, captured in the wild and taken to an island to be hunted. These animals must fight for their lives, and find a way to freedom, or suffer the fatal consequences. Men are out to hunt down these animals, as a game.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Kanto Conquest looks cool to me :p the others too but the first one, Kanto in Chaos, sounds a little like the RP Gunnerpow09 is making right now, ShinyDiamond is gonna Co-GM it :) (congratz on that btw SD! ;) )

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Kanto Conquest looks cool to me :p the others too but the first one, Kanto in Chaos, sounds a little like the RP Gunnerpow09 is making right now, ShinyDiamond is gonna Co-GM it :) (congratz on that btw SD! ;) )

Kanto in Chaos is the idea I posted in here before, I think around a month or so.

Sapphire Rose

Years
Ah :D then i don't know if it's to me to say who's idea it originally was :3 i still think it's a good idea though, no matter if it's yours or gunnerpow09 ^^ wait... But it also could've been WestSideConnection's idea.... One of those two came with the same idea a few weeks or days ago or whatever xD

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I should go check with gunnerpow7 later so we can get on with the RP.

I'm itching more to Kanto Conquest. I'll really enjoy that game when I get it, & and RPsimilar to it would rock! ( xD Thanks PS!)

Sun Casscade

The Sun's Water
Years
I do apologize from my absence from this thread. Senior year is quite hectic. Anyways, I feel like I have the time now to put up my own RP, and I would like an interest check and some feedback on these three ideas. And which would be best?

Roleplay Ideas

KANTO IN CHAOS - Disease infects humans and gives them a hunger for pokemon flesh and thirst for pokemon blood, as well as superhuman powers. Players control Pokemon characters, trying to survive and avoid the metahumans at all costs.

Kanto Conquest - Old-age battle between two feudal families in ancient Kanto. Players control a member of either family, as well their Pokemon counterpart. A story of forbidden love, loss, friendship, and war. (Based VERY, VERY loosely on Pokemon Conquest)

Imprisoned - Players play as different species of animals, captured in the wild and taken to an island to be hunted. These animals must fight for their lives, and find a way to freedom, or suffer the fatal consequences. Men are out to hunt down these animals, as a game.

Imprisoned sounds pretty cool to me. I kinda like the idea of playing a animal. Haha.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
...I've been thinking of a possible rule where people can only create a certain amount of RPs a month, as to avoid the unnecessary flooding of dead RPs. It's just a suggestion. A lot of times, people have great ideas, but some people just weren't meant to be GMs.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Ah :D then i don't know if it's to me to say who's idea it originally was :3 i still think it's a good idea though, no matter if it's yours or gunnerpow09 ^^ wait... But it also could've been WestSideConnection's idea.... One of those two came with the same idea a few weeks or days ago or whatever xD
I'm not going to have some sort of debate. I'm thinking I came up with this idea before they came up with theirs. However, I have doubts that it's the same idea, they probably have their own with minor similarities.

I should go check with gunnerpow7 later so we can get on with the RP.

I'm itching more to Kanto Conquest. I'll really enjoy that game when I get it, & and RPsimilar to it would rock! ( xD Thanks PS!)
I did like the idea when I made it, and I'm hoping the game turns out to be very fun.

With more and more different themes popping up, I'm kinda craving for a Pokemon Roleplay XD
That's two of the three ideas. I mean, this is a Pokemon-themed website, right?

Imprisoned sounds pretty cool to me. I kinda like the idea of playing a animal. Haha.
I tend to play animals whenever the option is available in an RP, because I feel like I can portray an animal (or a Pokemon) better than a human.

...I've been thinking of a possible rule where people can only create a certain amount of RPs a month, as to avoid the unnecessary flooding of dead RPs. It's just a suggestion. A lot of times, people have great ideas, but some people just weren't meant to be GMs.
... I like that idea, but I don't like that it was posted directly after my ideas, and the overwhelming feeling that you had aimed it at me. Just saying.

Ice.

Ice.
Years

Thank you for the information. Now, to announce the project i've mentioned here a while ago and has been worked on for around two months now, the Nation RP.

For those needing an explanation/ refresher, the Nation RP is an idea for a RP that plays a different perspective than most RPs. While in most RP's you are responsible for a character, maybe two if you make two, but in the Nation RP, you control an entire country that you create to your specifications. In the RP, you are in charge of dealing with all of the affairs in the country, and also deal with external affairs that affect your country. Yout goal is to keep your nation running however you please. You will be playing a country in modern times, so think of todays technology. However, an international threat that is affecting all countries is in need of dealing with. A criminal organization, known as the theory, are causing havoc all over the world, stretching their limbs all over the world. The are very influential, and control many corporations, politicians and military functions. The Theory have goals of conquering the world, and only a full, dedicated force can stop them. But other affairs such as disasters, wars, policies, negogiations, economic decisions musg be dealt with. The question is, what will be done.

Okay, that is the teaser. A few things:

I need a Co-GM or two. Anyone who is interested send me a message.

I have all the system mostly planned out.

I need a map. Any artists who would be willing to help can send me a message.

More will be shared in the next week.

Not to sound like a spammer (SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM) but is anyone interested in the Nations RP or maybe even Co-GMing it?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
徳清アキオ said:

Oh my god. Please make this RP happen. I am willing to participate in this. GOOD IDEA! :3

I've been waiting for a good rivalry RP since I signed up for The Shattered Era. :D

Pkmn Trainer Butthead

Proto (Not the *****)
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015

I remember saying I liked the idea... And im pretty sure Zerin/Akio made the idea.

Not being meant to be a GM is my middle name. Wait, no it isn't! Anyways, i could see this working, depending on the amount.

Not to sound like a spammer (SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM) but is anyone interested in the Nations RP or maybe even Co-GMing it?

I'd join the RP, but i dont think I have the time to GM right now.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Oh my god. Please make this RP happen. I am willing to participate in this. GOOD IDEA! :3

I've been waiting for a good rivalry RP since I signed up for The Shattered Era. :D

... Maybe I should make my return with Kanto Conquest. However, I'll probably have a clever title for it by then. I'm going to work on this, come up with a more complex and intriguing story before I make it. This was personally my favorite, and it seems to have the majority interest. I'll keep updated here, as I still have tomorrow and the day after (three day weekend!) of full days. If I'm not busy or playing a game, I'll get to work on the idea.

Sapphire Rose

Years
Akio-kun- then i'm sorry! Then you made the idea xD i'm not really trying to begin a kind of debatt actually, i think that's machomuu's work :3 , no offense machomuu! But the conquest idea is the one i like the most ^^

WestSideConnection- okay then :3

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

I actually like this idea A LOT. there are some people who i shall not name that post too many RPs a month.

But it would require more work by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back