• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't talk to me

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Are you a social person? Do you avoid speaking to other people? Would you rather be by yourself or with others?

I myself am not very social. If I know the person (or on the rare occasion that we 'click'), then I'm more open and will talk to them. Otherwise...leave me alone, please. Sometimes (like in a classroom), I'm forced into being around people I don't know. Once I'm used to/comfortable around them, I'm more likely to strike up a conversation or make a joke. Other people generally don't try to converse with me, though, which I'm fine with. Whereas, on the internet, I'm relatively social, though still socially awkward. x:

In general, I often prefer to be alone. If I have an opportunity to see friends, I certainly will do it. But if it's a matter of being around family, I sometimes would just rather be alone with my thoughts.

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I am very anti-social. I only speak when spoken to. I rarely engage a conversation. But it's more different on the internet, since I have a lot more common interest with them. (Example is PokeCommunity). If I know you very well, and we got lots of stuffs in common I would start a conversation with you. BUT don't expect it to be long x)

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
I'm generally a warm person, but I experience these cycles in which I'll be tremendously sociable for a while, then completely isolate myself, becoming weary from even small talk. It's a nuisance to me and my loved ones, but part of being bi-polar. I'm learning how to get through those states with coping mechanisms and medication.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm not very social. I've always been relatively quiet, lol. I have social anxiety though, so even when I want to talk and have friends and such, it's really difficult for me. I tend to use comedy as a way to break the ice in a general setting, like a classroom, so that people know, "oh she's funny and seems nice, i should talk to her" and then people can approach me instead of vice versa. I'm much better when spoken to by someone else than me trying to talk lmao. It comes out a messsss. I also can't look people in the eye. It makes me uncomfortable. Sometimes I try if I feel like I need to (interview or talking to someone important), but I feel really weird doing it and can't keep it up for more than a few seconds.

Online, I think I'm much better socially. No looking into eyes, no stumbling over words...it's just much easier for me.

Overall though, I'm not opposed to talking to people or anything. I'm nice, promise!

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I'm more social in real life than on the internet because I care more about making a fool of myself on the internet. It's just easier for me to walk up to someone and greet them than it is to stare at that text box and think about what to type. One day I'll get over this because it's kind of stupid.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
I'm only into talking to people if it's interesting and can contribute to my knowledge and wisdom bank. Although I'm into nonsense jokes to brighten up my day.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I am not really social person whether is it on the internet or IRL, but I am also a very warm person, if you come and talk to me of course, I am more sociable on real life, unlike many of you, but I am unsociable on internet, but if hit me a VM, I will reply them, cos I am friendly like that.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I'm very sociable but only with my friends, and I can talk forever xD but if I don't know you, you have to talk to me first before we can be friends, occasionally I do talk to a random person xD I'm shy, but very sociable anyways xD

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
I'm not really a social person, I try to be one, but I get overcome with fear and stop trying to interact with people. I literally hate being by myself, but ironically that is what I'm doing most.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I'm not very social at all. Ever since I was 12 I took a sharp turn into being an introvert, and it's only been going deeper in ever since. I only talk if I need to or if someone approaches me for conversation. That's pretty much it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I'm generally asocial (which is what a lot of people mean when they say anti-social). I don't have an interest in being with people since it does nothing for me — I don't feel good, I don't enjoy it, so I don't bother.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I am really socially awkward in real life but a bit less in the internet but still awkward nonetheless.Mostly because the people i know IRL don't too much on common in with me and the fact that i am mostly quiet.In the internet its easier to find someone you have a lot in common with but i still don't converse very well.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Although I have a few friends irl, I prefer to be alone most of the time. I tend to be extremely shy around strangers and people I don't know, but I do break the ice sometimes. But most of the time irl, I'm usually found in my own little world. xD

I'm usually the quiet one in the group...but I can blossom. I just gotta have the confidence! xD

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
It's weird, because while I don't really choose to go out on social outings and I like to spend a lot of time to myself when I'm with other people I'm the life of the party I suppose? I always have something to say and I will honestly talk about anything to anyone, I really enjoy talking to other people and spending time with them. I'm quite confident socially, I suppose that's more because I don't really get as embarrassed as a lot of people in "embarrassing situations" so I feel more able to just carry on with whatever I was doing without worrying too much about other people's thoughts on the occurrence.

I'm much easier to talk to the more you know me though. While I'm more than happy to talk to people I don't know the conversation is a lot freer if I'm friends with you, or have at least known you a while.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
I am probably the most socially awkward this person in the world. Ok, exaggerating, but I'm really antisocial. I have two or three friends in high school. One started talking to me because I helped him in latin, and the other two because they felt sorry for me. Surprisingly, I was extremely popular at my old school, but that was a "gifted school" so we were all innocent and immature (save two people). There, I could be myself. My jokes were funny. Now, all jokes told in my high school are extremely perverted to the point where I don't even understand. And it's an all boys school. I sat alone for awhile during lunch because I was to scared to sit with anyone, fearing they would try to start a conversation and, as is usually the case, I would have no idea how to respond. I usually stay away from people because I just don't know how to talk. Plus, I'm not into girls, don't know the basic...stuff...and to be honest, I refuse to look at people when they kiss (all boys school, so that's not a problem there, but just to show my immaturity). So pair that with my inability to converse and there you have it. Me. Oh jeez, looking back, that sounded very self pitiful. That's not what I wanted at all XD anyway, sorry for the long, self pitiful-full rant. I'm done :)
Edit: hah, I have better friends on here and the world beyblade organization than in high school XD.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
With others!

I used to be incredibly anti-social and I really preferred being by myself where I couldn't feel people judging me. Then I got over myself and started liking people :P

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I AM A SOCIAL PERSON. DO YOU SEE ME HERE, ONLINE, IN A FORUM, SOCIALIZING WITH HUMANITY?

lol I'm a very social person, tbh. I prefer to spend my day with my friends rather than to be alone in a corner, like that Forever Alone dude on 9GAG. I'm quite popular at school, and there's never a time when I'm separated from my gals.

Back