• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Laon

superclaw

Pokemon Laon in development
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2010
Note: This game is being developed in RPG Maker XP, and so far I am doing it alone, however I am interested in reliable help.

Story: A short time has passed since the adventures of Gold/Kotone(Crystal) in Johto and Dawn(Platinum)/Lucas(Diamond) in Sinnoh,and a few years after those of Red/Green/Blue and Ruby/Sapphire and people throughout the many regions were enjoying peace, that is, until disaster struck.

An underwater volcano of huge caliber suddenly erupted between Fuscia City and Cinnabar Island, and in a disastrous chain, so did several minor ones along Kanto's souther border, leaving nearly all of the southern half of Kanto in ruins with no explanation as to how or why the eruptions occured.

Luckily, nearly no casualties had occurred to the people nor to almost all of the wild pokemon in the are however, the damage done to Kanto seemed irreversible. Many people migrated to Johto, or to the lesser known region of Laon, to the north of Kanto. A new pokemon league was set up with several leaders from Kanto now residing there. The previously quiet region began to become more important, and the population of both trainers and pokemon increased, and soon, the tragedy was beginning to move into the past...

One year later, you begin your journey. You have previously lived in Saffron city with your mother, and your father, who was a world-renowned trainer, until his mysterious disappearance around the time of the incident, and a new, unkown band of villains began to rise up in Laon, Johto, and what's left of Kanto. Like all the other heroes, you unexpectedly become the one hope to protect Laon and Johto from the same miserable fate of Kanto, and finally solve all of the mysteries...

Features:
At least two fully accessible regions, Laon, the still occupied areas of Kanto, and the ruined sections of Kanto.
Partial access to Johto guranteed, and possibly full access. Access to a small event taking place in Sinnoh, and possible access to the Sevii Islands.
All 493 pokemon can be caught.
Meet a cast of characters both new and old in your adventures.
Travel back through time into the past versions of Laon, Kanto, and Johto and figure out the truth behind the disasters.
A new storyline linked with the stories of the other games.

I'll try to give you guys a few screenshots soon.
Here's a beta screen of the player's hometown, Laros Town
Spoiler:

I will try to implement as many features as possible, but since this is my first game, I may not be able to.

Please comment, and ideas are always appreciated. I also want to know which leaders/important characters you want to see in this game, other than the champions of each region, who will all appear.
If you want to, please tell me what you would like the starter to be (sorry guys, you don't get to choose a starter in the game, everyone gets the same pokemon)

If you are interested in helping out just tell me. I mostly need mappers, spriters, and scripters.

Credits:
Poccil+Flameguru for the amazing Pokemon Essentials.

If I am using something of yours and I have not credited you, please notify me immediately!

Last edited:

Rabbit

where is my mind?
Years
Nice plot. Not outrageously improbable. Very well-written. xD *thumbs up* Doesn't tell you much, but that's okay! Hey, is your missing father THE LEADER OF THE EVIL TEAM? That would make for a great "LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER" moment.

You did not just say time travel. Oh my god, you did. AAAH

I have no warm feelings towards any of the canon characters, so I vote for none of them appearing, unless it's for humour and/or completely unrelated to the story. IE, wack pairings of everybody's most and least favourite characters. (Actually, I'd really like to see that.)

As for the starter, I think it should be very carefully chosen. First, it shouldn't be ineffective against wild Pokemon on the first route. If they're all rattata and pidgey, don't give the player a Gastly. XD Also, it shouldn't be a crappy Pokemon. Players should have a reason to like their starter. Don't go for Eevee, though, that's overdone (also Eevee is crappy in battles). If the starter evolves with an evolutionary stone, make sure it's easily available, say, from an NPC. Houndour might be a good choice. It isn't totally overused. That, or Growlithe. It's more common, but everyone likes Growlithe.

Since your game is going to feature canon maps, make sure your maps are in the 'official' style. For instance, in your screenshot, there's a lot of extra space between buildings. It looks rather lonely. Put them closer together and your map will look more official. :) Also, you have a whole range of house styles in one town. Is that a particular feature of your region? I'd recommend sticking with one house style per town. It's less realistic, but it gives each town a certain flavour.

*Edit: Dude, you have to crop your screenshot. It's stretching the screen. :<

superclaw

Pokemon Laon in development
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2010
Thanks, for the starter, I'm thinking that I should pick something that might actually have type effectiveness to the wilds, but starts off with moves like scratch, like the fire starters usually do. I was thinking of something along the lines of sneasel, growlithe/houndour seem good too. And the time travel part is really basic, not even much battling, it's just for flashback purposes. Thanks for the thing about the town.

Also, I really don't want to say anything about the dad, but I will add more to the plot. I'm currently thinking of the name for the evil team, who are actually really evil.

As for the older characters, the idea was to make some of them Gym Leaders (not more than four or five) and some of them will be leader with someone else for double battle gym challenges. But I will also add numerous unofficial gyms too. The others would have been minor supporting characters in the plot, or at least will be mentioned, and several will be extra challenges at a later point.

EDIT: To ensure that all 493 can be captured I will make a few changes to the evolutions of several pokemon.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back