• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you use the Red Gyarados?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Assuming that you catched the Red Gyarados, did you use it in your team or did you leave it to rot in the PC? For both scenarios, why? Do you like having shinies on your team? Maybe you already had a Gyarados? Perhaps it didn't fit the 'motif' of your team? Perhaps yopu were dong a challenge and it just wasn't right?

I left mine to rot in the PC unfortunately. I mainly just enslaved it, using it for HM's -- waterfall and surf.

What about YOU?

Years
Even though I caught Red Gyarados, I left him in the PC cos I don't care about using shinies on my team.

Also, I already had a Golduck on my team when I got to the Lake of Rage so I really didn't need another Water-type Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I couldn't care less that it was a shiny but i was lacking a good water-type in my team so i decided to use it.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Yeah I had a Tentacruel so there was no need for Gyarados. I think it might've been a Waterfall slave, but that's it.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
It depends on the rest of my team. Usually no because they rest of my team is usually a higher level than that.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
Nope, because I have a Feraligatr.

Cid

Years
Left mine in my PC, too. Poor thing. I did use it for Surf, Whirlpool and Waterfall occasionally though, particularly Whirlpool because Dragon's Den made me.

Anyway, I've caught a legitimate shiny in the same game and I didn't use it (granted it was just a Rattata), so I don't see why I would use a forced shiny either. :(

Years
The red Gyarados was unique enough that I wanted to keep it on my team, but only as an HM slave. I believe I had it know Surf, Waterfall, Whirlpool, and I think Strength? Either way, I think I only battled with it once or twice, and that was because I used it to stall while I healed my other Pokemon.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Yep, since my starter was Cyndaquil, I didn't have a water type Pokemon until Gyarados. It helped me alot in the battle against Lance :)

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Nope :(. Although it was a shiny, in my eyes it was just your ordinary blue Gyarados. Since everyone got it when they went through the storyline, it wasn't a Pokemon that I treasured and loved. I never liked Gyarados anyway so I dumped it straight into the PC and only brought it out for HM business. Surfing, clambering up waterfalls, surfing across whirlpools and pushing boulders with Strength.

I also had a water-type already, so I didn't find it necessary to have another one join the team. But at least the Red Gyarados got to see some light after being captured ;).

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
Mine I believe was left in the PC to rot, sadly. Had it on the original maxed out and only switched it in and out of the PC when I needed to. On HG, I vaguely believe I left it in the PC, already had a somewhat other good water type with another type, in which I can't remember what it was. :S

Years
On Heartgold I used Feraligatr
On Soulsilver I made a Dragon-ish team and I egged Charmander to replace my starter
and bought a Dratini from gamecorner and got a larvitar form Safari Zone so I thought Gyarados will be a good addiion

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
Usually I don't use it, either because I already have a water type or because I don't feel confortable with using a red gyarados for battle. (I prefer it blue)

Back