• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite Attack Animation?

• Thread starter Pokémon Trainer 188
  • Start date
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
i loved leaf blade, muddy water, auaura beam, and tri attack. but leaf blade would have to be my favorite. the way they all moved the same direction and really quick too. it was awesome. and the slash that showed after it, that was really cool

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Cosmic Power is my favorite 3rd gen animation, but for actual attacks - definitely Thunder. *-* It looks incredible.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I really like the animation for thunder, since its all dark and quiet and then BAAM!!

Thunder_III.png

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
Years
Sky uppercut, its animation is just so awesome!

Years
Flamethrower, thunder, extreme speed, Fire blast, Surf, sky uppercut, hyper beam, hydro pump are the ones that come to my head.

If i head to choose only one:
Flamethrower Burn baby Burn (i love fire)

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Volt Tackle, and thunderbolt.
They look super badass, but I like thunderbolt better.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I thought Fire Blast was awesome, especially in Pokemon Stadium (I know that's not Gen III.

Another great one was Aurora beam! It looked so pretty :3

RemixinROMulus

Crit happens...
Years
For the handheld games, I really like Thunder. The look of those clouds swirling, and then the huge lighning strike is amazing.

In Pokemon Colosseum, basically all of the attacks looked awesome, but I'd have to say flamethrower looked sick! The Pokemon charges up and releases this huge beam of flaming napalm. The moves looked a lot more wimpy in XD. I don't know why GameFreak changed them, but I do like XD's Ice Beam. It's this giant spiky rod of ice that grows and shoots towards the foe.

Flamethrower (Colosseum)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGWPA5KrAHo&feature=player_detailpage#t=357

Ice Beam (XD: Gale of Darkness)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvpj_htRLdU&feature=player_detailpage#t=392
xd2.jpghttp:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Thunderbolt always looked amazing to me. As a kid, and even now. I don't know why, but it just looked so powerful!
You always expect it to do a ton of damage to Water-Types, and it does. (Even to bulky Pokémon like Walrein!)

Another favorite of mine was Aurora Beam. It had it's own background, and the beam was very beautiful indeed! I can't say if they looked better in the further generations because I don't quite remember how they look like :o

Zaakeil

Budding Beta-Tester
Years
Fire Blast, Recover, and Hyper Beam were all really cool for me, at least. In future generations, the Hyper Beam didn't have the multicolored particles, which I really liked. A similar instance of that was Ice Beam, where they changed it from the crystal particles to a straight beam. Disappointing...

With the Recover orbs, I could always feel that sense of "Gahhhhhh" everytime someone used it. And that rising sound effect just was icing on the already awesome cake.

And Fire Blast has always been amazing. Having a giant Kanji symbol that says "FIRE" when you use it is just wicked.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Leaf Blade's animation is pretty epic. Always loved it. The blades slashing up and down was always fascinating. Close second is Steel Wing. I liked how they combined Wing Attack with a Steel type move's sheen.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
hand down dragonbreath and thunder. Shock wave is pretty cool too. I also felt like dragon breath looked more like flamethrower than flamethrower did [just throwing that out there].

Years
Gosh this is tough, they're all so nice and a huge upgrade from the second generation. I guess I always really admired the artwork in Sheer Cold, so that's definitely one of my top picks. Psychic and Thunder are up there as well, and to round out the top five I'll throw in Solar Beam and Tri Attack! n__n;

Back