• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No Move Left Behind Challenge

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
YO BRO ME IS BACK BRO

I went back to route 1 and caught Fabiano, the lvl 5 Hoothoot.
-Growl
-Tackle
-Foresight
-Hypnosis

This N fella tried telling me my pokemon can talk...uhm...k?
Saved at route 2

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
RosaChallenge.png

Alli | White 2 | Badges: 3

191.gif

Hinawa lv. 20 @ Miracle Seed
Impish | Chlorophyll
[ Mega Drain | Leech Seed | Razor Leaf | Worry Seed ]

180.gif

Janna lv. 20 @ Pecha Berry
Brave | Static
[ Cotton Spore | Charge | Take Down | ThunderShock ]

058.gif

Maxwell lv. 22
Calm | Flash Fire
[ Helping Hand | Flame Wheel | Reversal | Fire Fang ]

532.gif

Cole lv. 21 @ Scope Lens
Careful | Sheer Force
[ Wake-Up Slap | Bide | Low Kick | Rock Throw ]

Still haven't lost any really good moves as of yet. But I also picked up a Timburr since I found one and I really like the little guy. Pretty big help in the gym, though Maxwell could have taken it all alone if I really wanted him to. Anyway, we're moving on to the desert. I don't have a team planned for this, I'm kind of just catching stuff as it shows up, so who knows what I'lll end with or what stays from my current party.

Years
I swapped from B2 to Gold... Brother also plays a 3DS and we only have one charger so it's a bit annoying swapping back and forth. Emulating makes things a bit easier. ;w;

Badges: 0 // Pokémon Gold
Currently at: Violet City Gym

156.gif

SupaSpicy Lv. 14
Tackle, Leer, Smokescreen, Ember

69.gif

TwoLeaf Lv. 11
Vine Whip, Growth, Wrap

Just took out the Sprout Tower. Tons of experience for both of my guys, since Bellsprout sucks against other Bellsprout I just swapped them around for exp and had Cyndaquil do the killing. slay slay slay

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Forgot I had this challenge started whoops.... QQ It was on a different emulator so I forgot and didnt notice ahahaha...

Spoiler: Updates
Badges: 1
Got Pikachu, caught NidoranF, beat rival again, left game to die, made it through the Forest with Pikachu forgetting Thundershock for Quick Attack... QQ Fought Brock, Nidoran Kicked him into oblivion. B3

Current stats:
Pewter City
Xe the Pikachu Level 13
Quick Attack/Growl/Tail Whip/Thunder Wave
Lee the NidoranF Level 13
Growl/Tackle/Scratch/Double Kick

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Mini-update since I'm not sure when I'll play again. I've been trying to finish the Halloween event, so that's taken priority over this challenge for a bit. I'm currently trying to level up my team before taking on Elesa. I still haven't lost any really good moves, but my Trubbish did get stuck with the Stockpile + Swallow combo and even with the defense boosts Stockpile provides, it's still not really strong enough to utilize it. :/ I also lost Flaaffy's Thundershock for Electroball so that's going to hinder me significantly. Sunflora and Growlithe are still doing alright, and I have a Gurrdurr now, who is probably the strongest party member.

Years
Badges: 2 // Pokémon Gold
Currently at: Goldenrod City

180.gif

MiniJan Lv. 18
Tackle, Growl, Thundershock, Thunder Wave

156.gif

SupaSpicy Lv. 20
Tackle, Leer, Smokescreen, Ember

69.gif

TwoLeaf Lv. 15
Vine Whip, Growth, Wrap, Sleep Powder

27.gif

Scurries Lv. 13
Scratch, Defense Curl, Sand-Attack

Star Member(s) vs. Falkner's Gym
156.png

Mud-Slap was a little annoying, but a few Embers was all it took to take out his weak team since Cyndaquil evolved. Easy as pie.

Star Member(s) vs. Bugsy's Gym
156.png

Again... yay! Ember made these first two gym battles extremely easy. Scyther hit hard and I forgot how high-leveled such a strong Pokémon was for gym 2 (lv. 16, geez) so I wonder how I would've taken it out without a fire or flying type.

Onwards!

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
RosaChallenge.png

Alli | White 2 | Badges: 4

192.gif

Hinawa lv. 28 @ Miracle Seed
Impish | Chlorophyll
[ Giga Drain | Bullet Seed | Petal Dance | Worry Seed ]

180.gif

Janna lv. 28
Brave | Static
[ Cotton Spore | Charge | Take Down | Electro Ball ]

058.gif

Maxwell lv. 27 @ Eviolite
Calm | Flash Fire
[ Take Down | Flame Wheel | Reversal | Fire Fang ]

533.gif

Cole lv. 28 @ Scope Lens
Careful | Sheer Force
[ Wake-Up Slap | Chip Away | Low Kick | Rock Throw ]

568.gif

Taylor lv. 28
Hasty | Sticky Hold
[ Stockpile | Swallow | Take Down | Sludge ]

Okay so Flaaffy losing Thundershock has been horrible, but the good news is that she evolves into Ampharos soon and iirc learns Thunder Punch upon evolving. Growlithe is getting harder to use, even with the Eviolite, but I don't want to be stuck with these moves on an Arcanine so we're going for longer. Gurdurr is nice and I'll wait before evolving to Conkeldurr; I don't want to be OP af. Trubbish is okay? She can kinda take hits when she Stockpiles, but I'm dreading when I lose Stockpile and have Swallow bc that's going to be useless without Stockpile ahh. Sunflora is probably the MVP tbh. She learns the best moves.

Years
Badges: 3 // Pokémon Gold
Currently at: Route 38

28.gif

Scurries Lv. 22
Scratch, Defense Curl, Sand-Attack, Poison Sting

69.gif

TwoLeaf Lv. 19
Poisonpowder, Stun Spore, Wrap, Sleep Powder

156.gif

SupaSpicy Lv. 22
Quick Attack, Leer, Smokescreen, Ember

180.gif

MiniJan Lv. 20
Tackle, Growl, Thundershock, Thunder Wave

Star Member(s) vs. Whitney's Gym
027.png
069.png

Had to redo this battle a second time. Miltank's Rollout + Stomp + Milk Drink was ridiculous, even though I dropped her accuracy as much as was possible with Sandshrew's Sand-Attack. Rebattle went a lot better and I decided it'd be better to just poison her instead of paralyzing with Bellsprout, to more quickly wittle down her HP before she had a chance to heal lol. With paralysis I couldn't do enough damage in time and she'd continue healing herself. D: <

Onwards to preparing for badge #4! And maybe thinking of dropping Bellsprout because lordy that moveset. She gets Acid soon, but still, ugh.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
RosaChallenge.png

Alli | White 2 | Badges: 5

192.gif

Hinawa lv. 34 @ Miracle Seed
Impish | Chlorophyll
[ Giga Drain | Bullet Seed | Petal Dance | Natural Gift ]

181.gif

Janna lv. 33
Brave | Static
[ Confuse Ray | ThunderPunch | Take Down | Electro Ball ]

058.gif

Maxwell lv. 32 @ Eviolite
Calm | Flash Fire
[ Take Down | Flame Burst | Agility | Retaliate ]

533.gif

Cole lv. 33 @ Scope Lens
Careful | Sheer Force
[ Wake-Up Slap | Chip Away | Bulk Up | Rock Slide ]

184.gif

Joanne lv. 33 @ Mystic Water
? | Huge Power
[ Aqua Ring | Helping Hand | Aqua Tail | Double-Edge ]

476.gif

Nelson lv. 32 @ Exp. Share
Jolly | ?
[ Rock Slide | Power Gem | Rest | Spark ]

So I wasn't really feeling Trubbish anymore and I think I would rather use it another time when I'm not confined to its level-up set. I mainly grabbed it cause I was interested in it, but eh. Now isn't the time. I found an Azurmarill while Audino training and tbh I was wanting a Water-type so I grabbed it and it's really good! Also Flaaffy evolved. I plan on evolving Gurdurr once I reach the next town. Currently in Chargestone Cave. Growlithe has been losing momentum since losing Fire Fang and Reversal, but hopefully he'll pick back up. Sunflora is still a boss. Also ran into a Nosepass and I was like "well...WHY NOT" and so far it's been pretty good. I kinda like it and it's catching up pretty quickly.

Years
Badges: 7 // Pokémon Gold
Currently at: Goldenrod Radio Tower

156.gif

SupaSpicy Lv. 34
Quick Attack, Flame Wheel, Smokescreen, Ember

28.gif

Scurries Lv. 33
Slash, Swift, Sand-Attack, Poison Sting

203.gif

Bitey Lv. 30
Agility, Baton Pass, Confusion, Stomp

181.gif

MiniJan Lv. 32
Cotton Spore, Thunderpunch, Thundershock, Thunder Wave

Star Member(s) vs. Morty's Gym
180.png
156.png

Relied a lot on the paralysis here. Thunder Wave's great, and I'm happy I was able to keep it without having to delete it for any other moves because of this challenge. Quilava helped out a bit to damage Morty too. Almost forgot how scary the Hypnosis + Dream Eater combo was in these games! Shadow Ball was a destroyer too. Took about three tries to beat him.

Star Member(s) vs. Chuck's Gym
181.png

Thunderpunch ka-pow! Poliwrath went down massively fast. Primeape managed to get some damage in before it fainted, but that was no match for the awesomeness of MiniJan. :D

Star Member(s) vs. Jasmine's Gym
156.png

Jasmine was a pain. I didn't expect her Magnemite of all things to sweep my team with Thunderbolt.... ha. Sad. Steel's annoying to go against so I switched and tried different strategies, but still lost in the end since Steelix wiped my only good Pokémon against her (Quilava) with Rock Throw.

...So I went out and trained my Quilava until it learned Flame Wheel. Everything was a cinch from there.

Star Member(s) vs. Price's Gym
156.png

BURN. That says it all lmao. My new team member Girafarig got some use here too but I didn't focus as much on it.

Scurries is getting more use now as I fight Team Rocket in the Radio Tower. Never actively used Girafarig before, it's a lot of fun.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Yellow-

Lee evolved after Brock. We caught a Zubat and named it Wings, and got the Charmander named Ven from the kid outside of Cerulean. We took down the Gym barely and took the ticket from Bill. With training on the SS Anne, Wings and Ven evolved. Xe beat Lt Surges Raichu by himself.

Team-
Xe the Pikachu, Level 24 Quick Attack/Double Team/Slam/Thunder Wave
Lee the Nidorina, Level 23 Poison Sting/Tackle/Scratch/Double Kick
Wings the Golbat, Level 22 Leech Life/Supersonic/Bite/Confuse Ray
Ven the Charmeleon, Level 22 Scratch/Growl/Ember/Leer

Years
Badges: 8 // Pokémon Gold
Currently at: Blackthorn City

28.gif

Scurries Lv. 36

203.gif

Bitey Lv. 40
Agility, Baton Pass, Confusion, Stomp

157.gif

SupaSpicy Lv. 37

181.gif

MiniJan Lv. 38

130.png

Gyarados Lv. 30
Strength, Surf, Waterfall, Whirlpool

16.gif

Pidgey Lv. 4
Tackle, Fly

Star Member(s) vs. Clair's Gym
181.png
157.png

This gym was a lot easier than I thought. Opened up with Sandslash thinking it'd be able to tank its way past her first Dragonair but it had Surf which 2HKOd me lol. Sent out the lv. 40 Ampharos I trained specifically for this and started off with Thunder Wave since I knew it'd help out against the overpowered Dragon Rage and its set 40 damage. Got lucky with a few fully paralyzed turns on Clair's end, so I managed to take out her first Dragonair.

Decided to keep Amphy in for the Kingdra she was sending out, since its electric moves would be neutral. Buuuut Dragonair paralyzed me before fainting so I took a few hits because of that. =( But in the end I managed to win over Kingdra without needing to switch ilu Max Potions!!!!! I swear I didn't overuse them though. Only had two. :<

The next two Dragonair went down thanks to the awesomeness of Typhlosion. Didn't think I'd use it at all but Smokescreen and Flame Wheel proved to be so much more useful than I assumed.

I am baaaack!!! Was gonna train my whole party to lv. 40 in preparation for Clair but the grass patches near Blackthorn are so bad for electrics since all that show up are Geodude/Graveler/Gligar and I had no damaging moves besides electric. So I said screw it and went into the gym battle anyway... Clearly a good choice. :D 'Cuz it was easy-ish. Off to the Dragon's Den!

Years
Currently at: Pokémon League

181.gif

MiniJan Lv. 41

203.gif

Bitey Lv. 42
Psybeam, Baton Pass, Confusion, Stomp

28.gif

Scurries Lv. 40

157.gif

SupaSpicy Lv. 40

130.png

Gyarados Lv. 30

16.gif

Pidgey Lv. 4
Tackle, Fly

It's time! Just trained my team to lv. 40 before going into the Victory Road cave in preparation for the E4. Took down Silver with ease and gained levels across my team, so now I'm sitting inside the League Pokémon Center and wondering if I should at least train up to lv. 45 before going in.

Kind of want to pick up a fifth team member, but gaaah all these lame HM requirements. :< Maybe Quagsire is a good choice for a water type, since I feel I desperately need one...

Years
Currently at: New Bark Town

181.gif

MiniJan Lv. 45
Cotton Spore, Thunderpunch, Light Screen, Thunder Wave

157.gif

SupaSpicy Lv. 43

28.gif

Scurries Lv. 40

203.gif

Bitey Lv. 45
Psybeam, Baton Pass, Confusion, Stomp

130.png

Gyarados Lv. 30

16.gif

Pidgey Lv. 4
Tackle, Fly

IT HAS HAPPENED! I finally beat Lance!!

As figured, Ampharos was super useful. Helped me wreck all six of his pokémon, even if it took a few attempts. Thunder Wave saved my life against the dragons and Thunderpunch put his remaining three party members in their place. Of course, the sheep always triumphs.

Sandslash was barely used much though. /: Only a few instances of spamming Sand-Attack. I'm probably going to replace him since I am inevitably going forward to take out Red, otherwise this challenge just does not feel complete. Plus I'll probably need two more to fill up my team and bring me to six.. or at least one more, so I can keep Pidgey around as a fly slave, lol.

Prop_Crown_Sprite.png

Congratulations me! ♫

Back