• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Amethyst

What name is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
Years
That looks pretty real ^ ^ however I dislike that the corner of the tree. Tile error, also That's cool that you've be doing puzzles, ^ ^

marcc5m

what
Years
I like the tiles, except for the fact that the trees look blended together, which feels off. Other wise looks great!

Thanks.

haha looks great i wana see this hack with more progress lol screenies are great they impress me lol

Thanks.

I don't know, I quite like that effect, I hate how the trees aren't blended in together in the mainstream games.

Thanks.

That looks pretty real ^ ^ however I dislike that the corner of the tree. Tile error, also That's cool that you've be doing puzzles, ^ ^

Thanks.

Poll.
votevotevote_by_altariaking-d3ju91a.png

Ignore number three's errors. Big update coming on Sunday hopefully :D

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Poll.
votevotevote_by_altariaking-d3ju91a.png

Ignore number three's errors. Big update coming on Sunday hopefully :D

I like the first option. However, you might consider blending it with #3 in the sense that you could leave some open spaces here and there. I say this because I like the look of this screenshot but it's just a little too crowded. Don't go overboard with spacing either, though, because it'll take forever. That's my opinion. I love the tress by the way. I wish I could sprite like that. :)

Years
I like the first one. Just keep it the same. It's different from other hacks, right? People will just have to get used to the fact that it's your hack and you can choose what ever.

Anyway, good luck! :)

Years
I'm probably going to go with option two, though it needs some tightening as the gap between the two rows is large enough for the player to pass through, which I doubt is intentional. They're nice, though.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
well its not amazing but its somthing i decided i would give it a go sorry the names isnt too good but a well haha

Attachments

• banner.png
    banner.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 18

marcc5m

what
Years
I like the first option. However, you might consider blending it with #3 in the sense that you could leave some open spaces here and there. I say this because I like the look of this screenshot but it's just a little too crowded. Don't go overboard with spacing either, though, because it'll take forever. That's my opinion. I love the tress by the way. I wish I could sprite like that. :)

I think I'll go with this idea. :)
And thanks, they took ages to make xD

I like the first one. Just keep it the same. It's different from other hacks, right? People will just have to get used to the fact that it's your hack and you can choose what ever.

Anyway, good luck! :)

I'm probably going to go with option two, though it needs some tightening as the gap between the two rows is large enough for the player to pass through, which I doubt is intentional. They're nice, though.

Lol only two or three people voted two xD

well its not amazing but its somthing i decided i would give it a go sorry the names isnt too good but a well haha

I say both 1 & 3 combined.

Yup :)

Imo number 2 is not very natural, number 3 looks interesting and number 1 can be used in some cases =)
But if I were to choose I'd go with number 3 =)

Going with both 1 and 3 :)

This sounds like a awesome hack, but this time don't give up! I'll be looking in the releases sectionnow and then.
Great job!

Update!
DarkGreyV2_01-10.png
DarkGreyV2_02-5.png
DarkGreyV2_03-4.png

DarkGreyV2_04-4.png
DarkGreyV2_05-3.png
DarkGreyV2_06-3.png

...Probably time I finished the overworlds xD
Oh btw I won't be revealing the starters for a while so try and guess :)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
It's a school .... and a lab? very clever. ;3
Why exactly is the Mom there?

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
Years
First option definately, on the first update, it looks real, also nice slanted Pokeballs, the script is also cool, why is his name Chestnut? lol

marcc5m

what
Years
It's a school .... and a lab? very clever. ;3
Why exactly is the Mom there?
She wants to see her son off, of course :)
Btw if you're from England why do you say "Mom" instead of "Mum"? xD

First option definately, on the first update, it looks real, also nice slanted Pokeballs, the script is also cool, why is his name Chestnut? lol

Thanks.

The updates look amazing!! I love the tiles and the overworlds! They give the hack a real freshness to it. Good luck!

Thanks.

Great updates, but for the NPCs, will you be using FR styled OWs?

Chestnut is a plant, just like ivy.
This professor is named in the same manner as Prof. Felina Ivy.

Nope :)

Yup :)

Nice updates but is it only me or it just isn't in right order or some screens are missing? =D

Some are missing, I didn't want to show too many screenshots xD

Update.
DarkGreyV2_01-11.png
DarkGreyV2_03-5.png
DarkGreyV2_04-5.png

Chroma Town, remapped by some n00b named Dr Fudgey.
Btw no guesses as to what the starters are yet? xD

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Nice updates, this hack is shaping up quite nicely. As for the starters, was there a hint given? Cause if not there are about 600 pokemon to guess from.

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
Years
Nice nice, I really like the tiles, it fits! My eyes didn't need to get used to it like your Last screenshots, the graphics match Iron however better, this seems real great, the mapping is real impressive, I'm trying to find tile errors, however, there's no tile errors, there is only one thing that bothers me, it's the corner of the trees, it seems a bit rushed, try shading a bit, but all in all, a lot more impressive than what I seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back