• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nillemi

Under my Rock
Years
Alright then, That clarifies a bit, Which brings up another question.
What happened to the Original Pokemon we swapped with when it was just the Beheeyem? Or if you don't feel comfortable answering this just yet, Would I still find Eliot near the Entrance Unconscious?

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Burg: Unless they were kidnapped by Dragonite they're in their original bodies by now, so... yes? I'll leave it nice and simple like that. :P

Nillemi

Under my Rock
Years
Alright, This will be interesting to write.
Btw, Fun fact, While Researching how to spell Beheeyem, I found out that it can learn Steel wing.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
So now that the rocket raid is more or less over and I'm totally waiting for my BFF Jill to post I feel like asking: How did you guys like it? I noticed activity dropped after it was over. Are you guys just cooling down, or are you like bored now? I'm debating whether I should do more events like this in the future. Might even make events an IC daily thing depending on how we feel.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
I like it, but I'm sort of busy with school now and waiting for others to post really so I can have something to react to.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
It was a really cool thing that I think led to a lot of character development for Alice. Sadly, I can't post as her because she's passed out, and I don't really feel inspired to post as Jimmy at Surge's boot camp.

Nillemi

Under my Rock
Years
I pretty much feel the same way as Greiger, It was fun but now I got nothing really to add untill a few more people post. I don't like posting after only one other person. This did give me plenty of time to do homework though. Heck of a way to start a character though.

Ya know, In hindsight I probably could have worded that better, I meant that in a good way.

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Omen can just keep roaming the halls like a creepy little badapple for all I'm concerned.

Dawn

Years
I... think we lost Dualik somewhere.

A very troubling predicament for me at least. I suppose I'll have to find some way around this little inconvenience really soon though. Maybe establish some more plot relevant posts and do a teeny bit of bunnying to put Valorie in a position where she can do things on her own again.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
The specifics of the translators being handed out is that they're prototypes which means it may still be somewhat difficult to understand what a pokemon is saying and that there's a small chance it might just not work on someone. I'll of course leave that up to you guys to handle on your own; I just figured this would make it easier on some of you.

Also, isn't it convenient that Devon Corporation just happens to have these inventions laying around for just such an occasion?

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Quick question: as Lance took Alice away from the Rocket base, should I have her wake up in one of the beds of the infirmary or something?

Dawn

Years
I would not mind having an eternally pink name. Not at all.

In other news, I have this gut feeling Ellie is going to take that bracelet off and some random student is just going to be all like "...Who's that pokemon?" and then cue chase scene with pokeballs being tossed all over the place because horrible misunderstandings. ;o

Nillemi

Under my Rock
Years
Hey... It wasn't on purpose!
>_>

Have you seen her arms? They're all stubby and short! It fell off, And a necklace doesn't work all that well without a neck.
At least Azumarill's catch rate is rather low.

DADICE

I like American Dad
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
Name: Iris Traver

Nickname: None

Sex: Female

Dorm: Suicune dorm

Appearance: In attachments.

Personality: Iris is often quiet yet cheerful. She is somewhat optimistic, and looks at the better side
to things, leading her to have a positive attitude. However, her more reserved nature means that her
optimistic views are rarely spoken. She doesn't often go out to meet new people, and instead prefers to go places on her own. Iris can often find fun things to do just by herself, but most often with her
Breloom, Deixo Omi. She says that she feels much more at peace by herself. She does try to get to know a few people, but Iris doesn't value friendship as much as other people. She is independent, so Iris doesn't need anyone to guide her or help her through most situations. Iris is known to have a lot of decorum, as she rarely acts up or makes a show of herself. Because she doesn't make herself known, many people simply pass by her, which Iris doesn't mind. She's often a little too formal to other people that she doesn't know.

Iris is generally calm, and isn't stressed as often as other people. Her sereneness can make her
underestimate some challenges, but she can cope with the difficult challenge, through patience and
skill. Other challenges she takes on are met with thorough planning, as Iris often thinks over her
actions. She doesn't make many goals, therefore Iris often accomplishes her goals without setting them. Iris isn't one to get angry often, and is very even-tempered. What makes her so tranquil is that she gets into few arguments because of her quiet personality.

History: For all her life, Iris had been living in Jubilife City, Sinnoh. Her family lived in an apartment, like almost all of the other residents of the city. The apartment building was actually one of the most expensive to live in, but Iris had only discovered this after she'd seen the rest of the city. Her family actually had a lot of money, not enough to be considered rich but enough to make them live quite comfortably. She lived with her mother and father, two very caring parents, but it didn't actually matter, seeing as Iris was much more interested in reading about and sketching Pokemon than going to the city park. Her family had a collection of books on Pokemon of every type. Iris found hereself liking Grass types the most, as they were fascinating with the way they created their own poisons and spores. Iris did have a sister, but she only occasionaly visited home. That was because Iris's sister was a Pokemon trainer. Iris would always look up to her older sister, since she seemed so courageous and prideful. Iris was somewhat jealous every time her sister came home to tell her tales of battling and exploration.

Iris's deep interest in Pokemon didn't go unnoticed by her parents. A month or so before her 8th birthday, Iris was asked what her favorite Pokemon was. She quietly answered with, "Breloom. An amazing species." As Iris simply continued dreaming about what it would be like to have her own Pokemon, her parents were actually contacting her sister. For her 8th birthday, Iris was astounded to wake up and be presented with a Dusk Ball. After opening it in the same fasion as her sister, Iris was even more shocked to see a Breloom, her favorite Pokemon. It was her Breloom, so Iris chose the nickname Deixo Omi.

After a few years of enjoying herself with her Pokemon, Iris heard about the elite Pokemon Trainer Academy. She was instantly excited, and asked her mother the first chance she got if she could go. Her mother agreed, but only if Iris truly wanted to. Because she did, Iris started studying for the examinations. She did whatever she could: training Deixo on her own, reading any books she could find, and eventually Iris very carefully performed her examinations. She was unsure of how she did, but one morning, she woke up, delighted to find that she'd been accepted. She traveled to the island, bought a new TM for Deixo, and prepared for her first day at the Academy.

Pokémon:

Species: Breloom

Nickname: Dexio Omi

Personality: Deixo longs to be with anyone else. He's very outgoing, and seems to want to see as many people as he can. Deixo is sometimes frightened when alone, and is much less independent than his trainer. He can be a little childish at times, therefore he can occasionaly get himself into trouble. His trainer is alwats there for him, though, although Iris can get a little ticked off after a while. Deixo actually is very curious, and yearns to explore. Iris often has to hold him back, but it's just because she cares deeply about her Pokemon. Deixo is also quite caring of Iris, and the two share a seemingly unbreakable bond.

Lvl: 26

Moves: Mach Punch, Leech Seed, Seed Bomb, Swords Dance

Dawn

Years
@Dadice: Welcome to the RP! Glad to have you and Iris with us. Let me know if you need anything, or if you're looking for a partner to RP with.

The1mm0rt41One

Dovahkiin
Years
Name: Sebastian Bourne
Nickname: Seb
Sex: Male
Dorm: Riakou

Appearance: (See attachments for clothing and physical appearance) Seb stands 5'10 and weighs 140 pounds.

Personality: Sebastian loves Pokémon battling. He may not be very good at it but hey, that's why he's at the Academy. Even with Sebastian's ditsy partner Chimecho who has next to no drive for battling, he still loves it. Seb is a very quiet and too himself. Growing up with his only friends being his Chimecho and his grandparents, Seb doesn't really know what having friends is like. You could say he has a hard time relating to people since his parents don't pay much attention to him. Despite this, he isn't shy. He just doesn't really speak unless he is spoken to. He doesn't really open up to people unless you are close to him. Really, the only person he spends time with isn't even a person, it's his trusted partner Chimecho. All and all, Seb is just a good kid with a big heart who wants to learn how to become a good Pokémon trainer and maybe make a couple good friends.

History: Sebastian Bourne was born in Mauville City, Hoenn to Pokémon paleontologists Heath and Janice Bourne. Sebastian, or Seb as he likes to be called, was sort of a forgotten child. His parents were so caught up in their work that half the time they forgot they even had a son. As a result, Seb spent a lot of time with his grandparents who lived in Verdanturf Town just a short distance away. Seb grew increasingly close to his grandparents who showered him with the affection he craved from his own parents. There were times where Seb's parents would be gone for weeks or months at a time on an expedition and forget to tell Seb that they were going somewhere. There was one time where his parents went on a year and a half expedition to find a lost relic in Unova and they forgot to tell anyone. Seb was left home alone for three days before Seb's grandfather checked up on him and realized Seb's parents were gone. None the less, Seb loves them anyway. But at this point, it's only because they are his parents.

Because Seb's parents were gone a lot. Seb spent a lot of time with his grandparents who lived in Verdanturf Town. Seb looked at them as if they were his real parents. For the lack of affection Seb got from his own parents, his grandparents made up for it. Seb's parents didn't know much of what he was up to when he was with his grandparents. Which is good because most of it they would not have approved of. His grandparents did a lot of things his parents wouldn't do or wouldn't let him do, including letting him get a Pokémon.

Seb's grandparents are friends with the day-care couple in between Verdanturf Town and Mauville City. As payment for a delivery Seb's grandfather did for the Day-Care Man, he was given an egg. Seb's grandfather, being too old to care for a Pokémon egg, gave it to Seb for a birthday present. Seb was devoted to the egg and cared for it every hour of the day. When the egg hatched, out popped what is now Seb's best friend, a Chingling. Finally, Seb had a friend other than his grandparents. The only issue was, he had to hide Chingling from his parents. So Seb's grandfather agreed to keep Chingling at their house whenever Seb was in Mauville with his parents. But Seb was rarely home by then, so he got to spend a lot of time with his new friend. So much time that one night when they were playing in the flower fields, Chingling evolved into a Chimecho.

Now the question stands, how did Seb get into the Pokémon Trainer Academy? Well, that's easy to answer. Seb's parents had set out on a three year expedition in the Kanto region. Seb's grandparents were tasked to take care of him but they sensed how Verdanturf was getting to dull for the young Seb to thrive and enjoy himself. Seb's grandmother caught wind of a Pokémon Trainer Academy that was accepting new students. She quickly pitched the idea to her grandson who willing accepted the offer to attend. It had been Seb's dream to be a Pokémon trainer since he watched the Pokémon World Cup when he was younger. His parents never would have allowed it, but they were on a three year expedition and didn't need to find out. So Seb took both of the examinations for admittance into the Academy. On his battle exam, Chimecho grew distracted and thus Seb failed the exam. On the written exam, Seb didn't know a lot of the answers and had failed with only a 49%. The Academy declined him as a student. But after his grandmother explained that the boy's parents were gone and Seb was a very lonely boy trying to find his place, they accepted him into the Academy.

Pokémon

Chimecho Lv. 10
Personality: Chimecho is a very happy-go-lucky Pokémon who is never in a bad mood. She is always there to cheer up Seb when he's upset because she cares a great deal for him. Chimecho doesn't quite care for battling, but for the world around her. She loves nature, people, well, she loves everything. However because of this, she becomes distracted when battling because she becomes too busy admiring the opponents move, the flowers, the sun or even the thought of battling.
Moves: Calm Mind, Hidden Power, Recover, Wrap, Attract, Protect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back