• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Hi there,
Some ROM hacks like "Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Life of Guardians" have copyright notices before the title screen (I have included an example picture).
How would I make my own one and is this process reversible?
Thanks in advance
There is a patch in ROM Hacking, a few pages back. It's in a thread posted by Hiroshi (forgot the last name), the creator of rijonAdventures.
The patch was originally created for FR, but thethethethe made it compatible in Ruby and Emerald also.
All you need to do is, download the patch and pathc it on your ROM with LIPS.

Also, I do not think this process is reversible.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
i have a problem. when ever i get to a certain part of a game i'm making, the game goes to the intro screen. i've been working on this game for a while, so i have 2 questions.
1. why does my game do this?
2. how do you export then import maps from game to game?

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2013
i have a problem. when ever i get to a certain part of a game i'm making, the game goes to the intro screen. i've been working on this game for a while, so i have 2 questions.
1. why does my game do this?
2. how do you export then import maps from game to game?

For the second question:
To save a map:In advance map, go to the map you want, then go to file>map...>save map as...

Then in the new game, go to the map you want to replace and pick file>map...>open map...

Also this doesn't change any tiles so you will need the correct tile sets.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
it doesn't save the map in the game i want. why? how do i save it?

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
when i open it then it shows it, but if i save it and go back to it, it is back to normal, not the opened one, and if i go to the header tab it only shows the area dimensions and the tileset used. nothing else

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
it doesn't save the map in the game i want. why? how do i save it?

Do File - Map - Insert Map, select which Map No. you want to replace, or if you want to insert it into a new space, then it should appear in the List under "PALLET TOWN", but there is still more to do:

Go into Map Header and in the Dropdown list, select which map you want it under, such as VIRIDIAN CITY, or whatever you have already renamed..

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2010
Hello. I was once on here a looooong time ago, but I've been gone for said looooong time, so I don't have any recent updates. I would like to insert custom sprites into Pokemon Diamond, but I could not find a good, in-depth tutorial about how to do so. Also, I did search before posting but I did not find what I was looking for. So can anybody link me to a good, in-depth, start-to-finish tutorial about how to insert custom sprites into Diamond? I'd preferably like one that works on both Pokemon and trainers, if there's a difference. Help plz? Thanks.

Years
Sorry if the question has already been answered but I couldn't find what I was searching for anywhere just saying use tilemolester and Animations start at ??? offset, but it just looks like jumbled up pixels.
How can I edit animations such as the flower? I know you can use tilemolester and such but I have no idea on how to find it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2012
There is a patch in ROM Hacking, a few pages back. It's in a thread posted by Hiroshi (forgot the last name), the creator of rijonAdventures.
The patch was originally created for FR, but thethethethe made it compatible in Ruby and Emerald also.
All you need to do is, download the patch and pathc it on your ROM with LIPS.

Also, I do not think this process is reversible.

Okay thanks alot mate :)
I'll check it now :P

EDIT: I've download the Ruby Patch but I want to add my own image instead of the default one.
Is this possible? And how?
Thanks
~Phantom_Spider

Last edited:

BlazingShadow

Stealth God
Years
Problem Here.....

Hi guys here's my problem:

I am trying to load the tile set of a certain pokemon hack but it seem like i cant load it properly. I already try to copy all the pallete to my ROM also all the tiles but there is a proble on the 2nd set of tile It didnt work as planned.

Please get the attachment. Note its the second tile.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
On Pokemon Gold how do I replace this Title Image:
pokemonrubyf.png

With this:
pokemonruby.png

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
I want to insert a tile but I don't know it's pallettes,how can I know a tile's pallettes in order to change them in a-map?
if not the tile will be in the wrong colors

Benzee

I got your number, on the wall
Years
Can anyone link me to a tree shadow tutorial? I tried looking at Punk Rocker's, but it just comes up as a red X or a 404 error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back