• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Kid Mind

In SPACE!
Years
The Seviper broke free from the Pokéball and hissed angrily, which caused Oscar to back away a small bit. But fortunately, Daniel was released and managed to get away from it, as it turned its attention to the Pokémon, clearly outnumbered. It didn't look like the serpent was planning on running away anytime soon...hopefully it didn't have any backup or anything like that.

As the Seviper engaged into close combat with Len and Alexis, it got blasted back after a small while by the former. It then looked in Meden's direction and started to Glare at him, the Meditite responding with a confused expression. What was it up to...uggh! He suddenly kneeled down on the ground with a small scream, barely being able to move. A bit of electricity cracked around him and he looked up slowly, the pain clearly apparent on his face. He sent the Seviper straight up in the air with a Confusion to repay the favor.

''Just...great.'' Meden commented while trying to stand up, the serpent starting to fall back down to the ground.

Meanwhile, Oscar ran over to Daniel when Mark did the same. One could clearly see that Oscar was frightened, almost on the verge to panic.

''Daniel! Are you OK? It didn't bite you, did it?'' He tried to help him up along with Mark, and then proceeded to look him over, searching for any kind of symptom that showed that Daniel was poisoned or even hinted at that. It would be very bad, especially as they were quite a distance away from a Pokémon Center or anything like that.

Last edited:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Alice Crenshaw

Alice's eyes were closed the whole time, and didn't see that Kilik used Antidote on Jello to cure his poisoning. She was completely unaware of what was going on around her, and feared that the Pokéball would burst open and the Grimer would attack her. However, those fears vanished when she heard an odd sound. A click. One similar to the one that Kilik's Great Ball made just a moment before. Grimer was hers now.

She slowly opened her eyes. Where Grimer was was now a Pokéball, all covered with mud. She looked at Jello, worried about him, but saw him no longer glowing purple and in pain. And Kilik was nearby. Jello turned to Alice and quickly flew towards her, and Alice wrapped him with her arms.

"Thank Arceus you're okay!" Alice exclaimed, hugging him tight.

"Yeah...Actually, Kilik healed me with some kind of medicine he had." Jello responded.

Alice then looked at Kilik again. She walked over to him, with Jello in her arms, and a smile on her face. "Thank you again!" she said, "We owe you so much!" She let go of Jello for a second to give Kilik a quick hug. His 'Swampert' would probably be uncomfortable with it. After the hug, Alice walked over to the Pokéball, which was still floating in swamp water all covered with mud. She bent over to pick it up, looking disgusted.

"Yuck!" she exclaimed, and took out a piece of cloth from her bag. She covered her right hand with it and picked up the Pokéball. She wiped the mud off it and placed it on her belt.

Jimmy Vincent

Jimmy huffed and left the room as soon as N told the class they were free to go. He felt a bit offended. He was an inexperienced Trainer, but he took N's words as if he said that he'd never be able to catch a Legendary Pokémon. He walked towards the cafeteria, followed by Smokey and an upset-looking Kaida.

"Hey, Kaida, is it?" Smokey said, "I'm Smokey."

Kaida growled in response. She didn't know how to talk, and communicated with growls, cries and roars.

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
Gen looked at Maxwell as he left, if he left in such a hurry, who knows what could happen. Maxwell was taking it easy in class and he screwed up, what if he hurried? Maybe something even worse would happen. All the possibilities, Gen was just so curious.

As for Byron, he was emanating some sort of deadly aura that would make you stop in your tracks, the unpleasant sort, the reaaaaaaaaly unpleasant sort.

"Maybe he forgot breakfast, I wonder......... Agh! I wanna know what he's doing!" thought Gen. This thought troubled him for a minute or so. In the end he asked for the same thing Maxwell did, having a little break for eating. It wasn't solely for spying on Maxwell though, he was actually hungry anyway.
While walking out, he wondered about that kid named Quincy, he was reaally weird. He vaguely remembered Quin promising him a battle but it was probably just him.

Just as entered he entered the cafeteria he was shocked. There was Cynthia there, along with some kid he did not know. But most surprisingly Maxwell broke something. He must have the innate ability to sense a terrible incident and do it. so he grabbed some food and watched what happened from a table nearby. " Weeeeird" said Gen quietly.

Cynthia was the champion, but as amazing as that was Gen was perfectly fine. CupCream, who had followed Gen however, fainted from the shock of shyness of seeing Cynthia.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

"Hey, no worries." Linc flashed her a smile as the last of the students filed out of the classroom. Walking inside he gave the door a perfunctory knock.

"Yo, pops!"

The teacher turned around and smiled when he realised it was his son. Malcolm West was an older looking man, with both worry and laughter lines clear across his face when expressing himself. His light brown hair was both receeding and thinning, and his brown suit was shabby with frayed threads sprouting from its seams. A slouched posture along with his thin build meant he was physically much less impressive than his broad shouldered and muscular teenage son. All in all, he wouldn't give the impression of an inspiring or respectable teacher. But his smile was warm, and his eyes held a life and energy similair to Lincoln's.

"Lincoln, good to see you. How was class?"
"Eh, it was a drag, but I like, totally had my first battle afterwards!"
"Excellent!" Malcolm clapped his hands together, leaning back against his desk. "And?"
"And I got trashed. Like, it was embaressing."
"Oh Lincoln, I'm sorry. Did you want to talk about it?"
"Maybe later, that's not why I'm here. I brought a friend." Lincoln beckoned Manda to join him. "Pops, this is Manda. She was wantin' to ask you a question."
"Of course, it's a pleasure to meet you Manda. I'm Mr. West." Malcolm said, ignoring the snigger from his son. "What can I do for you?"

Nika Valentine

Nika was taken aback by the boys sudden proposal to go to the forest. What for? Was there a hidden suggestion she wasn't reading from him? She had only just met the boy, and barely at that. She wasn't about to go traipsing into the woods with him without at least some kind of reason why.

"Actually, I only just got back from the forest." She said calmly, giving no hint of her serious reservations. "So I wasn't intending on going back just yet. I can point you in the right direction though, if you're sure you want to go."​

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Kiyoko, Chapter 3: Class

CLASS
Dark Trio?

He tilted his head. Um... I washed up here... And I had nothing to return to, so N and Zoroark took me in... I don't have a trainer either... He shivered slightly, still weak from lack of eating, and he hadn't even realized until now that he was starving. He glanced at N, and Zoroark, then back to Star. Um... It's okay with me... It would be up to N and Zoroark...

Gold19

Yes, I'm that One Guy
Years
Dante

After hammering at the rock for awhile, Dante found nothing in the rock and he started to see people leave the class. Then, Dante started to clean up the mess and started to head out with Rufflet.

"See ya later, Byron", Dante said as he headed out the door to get something to eat. Rufflet followed Dante out of the room and landed on his shoulder.

As Dante continued on his way to cafeteria, he saw some students head to the same place as he was going. Once there, Dante saw his aunt at one of the tables eating with some of the teachers. After that, Dante got in line to get food, in which he payed for. He got out the line after getting some food and headed to a table.

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
Ethan was caught completely off-guard as the Absol burst out of the smoke and attacked Quilava with a shadow ball, knocking the -EASILY- weaker pokemon off his feet and into a near-by tree. Rather than focus on the absol, Ethan quickly hurried to the aid of his fallen pokemon. Reaching into the box of berries he was holding, he then took out his last Oran berry and force-fed it into Quilava's mouth. Then, taking out his pokeball, he quickly clicked the button on the front and recalled it.

That makes four......He thought to himself, before returning his attention to the Absol who had initiated the attack.

"Hey! Who th' heck d'you think you are?!" He said, slowly building up to one of his childish tantrums.

Exchanging one projectile for another, Ethan then quickly tossed the box of berries aside and gathered a pile of rocks from the ground. Looking back up at the Absol, he then began to toss them at the creature, cursing at it in between throws.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard​

The smoke had cleared enough so that Lucia could see a boy recalling a Quilava and now was throwing some rocks at Samuel. Samuel snarled and easily dodged each rock and opened his mouth to shoot another Shadow Ball at the boy when Lucia ran to him with Roberto following close behind. "Samuel, he is out of pokemon, don't sink to his level."

Samuel allowed the attack to dissipate in his mouth and Lucia turned to Ethan. "Who sent you and how did you know that I would be at the pokemon center at this hour?" Lucia had learned from her mother which question to ask. She looked over the assassin and frowned, This guy was sent out to get a hit on me? He doesn't look like an assassin. The boy's clothes were ripped in certain areas and he just looked plain messy.

"Siz." Roberto growled and Lucia frowned, "You best answer my questions. Roberto can get quite violent at times when someone sends an assassin after me to do the dirty work that they can't bother to do themselves." Lucia wondered who her parents had angered this time for someone to get the money to hire an assassin and pay for his flight all the way over here. Whoever it was must have been pretty mad that her parent's client didn't get what was coming to him.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel managed to stagger to his feet, despite the muck and saliva from the serpent covering him, with the help of Mark, bending over to press his hands against his knees, taking in a couple of deep breaths, nodding quickly. It was clear that he was shaken by what had happened, but other than completely drenched in both gunk from the waters and saliva from the serpent, he seemed uninjured.

"I-I'm fine, th-thanks…" he murmured as Oscar joined them as well. He stood up and rubbed his face with another deep breath, trying to clear his mind. "It… it didn't bite me, it just started to… urgh, that feeling…" a shudder went through him as he looked over at the Pokémon battling with the serpent.

Alexis swiped with her tail every time the serpent came anywhere near close enough to Len, it receiving several cuts on this account. After having briefly brawled with Meden the Meditite, the Seviper twisted around in the shallow waters, clearly realizing it was outnumbered by now, as it's rage of being interrupted while eating had subsided. It hissed angrily, turned around, and quickly slithered back into the undergrowth with an angry flick of it's tail.

Alexis breathed out a sigh of relief as it had gone, having held on tightly to Len all the while, not even close to falling off, even as he had let go of her one foot. "Phew… we did it. Is Daniel alright…?" she turned her head to look over at her trainer and breathed out a sigh of relief, resting her chin on top of Len's head.

"I should've been more alert…" she mumbled out, sounding rather ashamed of Daniel almost having been eaten a moment ago.

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
Ethan slowly grew more and more frustrated as he was inable to land even a single blow upon his attacker. Bracing himself to charg the pokemon, he suddenly stopped as the creature openned its mouth to fire yet another shadowball....And this time at him. Throwing up both of his arms, he quickly braced himself for impact.

Before the pokemon could finish him off, however, the sound of a girl's voice had stopped it. Looking up from his arms, he turned to see a girl running towards him. Recognizing the girl as the person he had been pelting with berries, his frustration grew even more.

Ignoring her questions entirely, he took a few steps towards her and began to growl.

"What th' hell are ya' doin'?! You coulda' killed me!" He yelled at the girl.

Allowing his rage to take hold of him, he then took a few steps towards the girl and clenched his fist. Flinging it out towards her, he then attempted to land a rather heavy blow upon her face, caring very little that she was a girl.

"Nurse Joy is gonna -KILL ME- now. This is the fourth time this week, and the second time this day that I've had Quilava Injured. Sure, I played a prank....But that doesn't give you the right to send your hairy freak of nature at me!"

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Isaac had just been heading back to the pokemon center after his training when he spotted smoke from a ways off. At first he thought fire, but when he got closer he saw it was just someone's pokemon. He had only been there a moment before he saw one kid try and clobber another. That wasn't going to fly.

"Ace restain him with sand tomb!" Isaac ordered.

Isaac's little Trapinch leapt out of Isaac's satchel and charged the one boy sand sparying from the sides of his mouth. As if it were alive the sand flew towards the boy and whirled up in a cyclone around him. The sand tomb would deliver a stinging blow if the boy tried ot pass through it. He could only avoid it by standing perfectly still.

"I'm sorry, but this is not a school for that kind of fighting." Isaac shouted to the one boy.

Now that Isaac had actually gotten there he actually saw who the other person was. It was some girl one he had never met, but that still made Isaac even a bit more ticked off.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Kilik Chambers

That didn't last long. The Solosis was alright. A click sounded from the Pokeball Alice threw. Did she really catch a Grimer? Um...it might not be so friendly when she takes him out. Best keep cautious next time. That aside, she did good.

The Solosis went to Alice as she hugged him. Well, no praise for Kilik, until Alice came over to him. "Thank you again!" she said, "We owe you so much!" She let go of her Solosis for a moment & quickly hugged Kilik, to his surprise. Mistress felt uncomfortable at the moment, considering she was hugging Kilik while he was still sitting on her.

"If you're done hugging a girl, I'd like to get a move on." She complained. The hug was okay for Kilik. He just showed how helpful he was. Maybe in the future, helping other can also mean training. Wow, there were so many methods. Mistress knew he was ignoring her, so as her revenge she began transforming again, into a Yanma. She flew away from Kilik as he plummeted into the swampy mud. He felt disgusted now.

"Hey, I didn't say you could change!"

"Well you got on my nerves is all~" The Yanma Mistress giggled. She loves being a trickster. Great, now Kilik was covered in, whatever disgusting thing he could think of. His clothes were ruined!

He stood up & returned Pierce into his Great Ball. Now he was covered in swamp. This day couldn't get worse.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard​

Lucia had been ready to redirect Ethan's attack with her Akido training but then some sand appeared Ethan and trapped him inside. "I'm sorry, but this is not a school for that kind of fighting." Another boy had run up with a Trapinch in tow.

Lucia sighed, "I thank you for your quick timing. My name is Lucia Facisco Bernavard. A pleasure to make your acquaintance." She said.

She turned to Ethan. "First off, pranking someone is very rude. You have no idea how they could react. Second, Samuel is not a freak. He is a dignified guardian of the Bernavard family!" "Ab!" Samuel said as he turned his head from Ethan in a disgusted manner.

"Third, you never attack someone with a Scizor! Especially when that Scizor can easily cut off you neck in less than a second!"

"Sci!" Roberto said as he opened and closed his pincers threateningly. She turned back to Issac, "May I be obliged to know your name?"

Dragonkat

The Winged Wolf
Years
Star noticed his shivering. He looked a little skinny. He myst be hungry. "So N took ya in. Are you planning on having a trainer? It's okay if not. That's a strange way to come to the island... We just took a boat. Hey, you wanna eat something? I'm getting hungry. I missed lunch." Kat smiled. "Thanks! I love company." Star walked to Kyioko and her tail brushed his. "Sorry!" Star giggled and twitched her tail away. She then say down and looked up to N "Where to Mister?"

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
Ethan was suddenly knocked away from the girl as the cyclone of sand came up upon him, swirling around him in a fairly tight manner, giving him very little room to move about. Growling with frustration at the new trainer, he reached up with his hand and attempted to pass it through the swirling sand. Feeling a sudden and sharp pain tearing at his flesh, he quickly found himself yelling out and recalling his hand. Turning towards the new arrival, he looked at him with the ughtmost fury, his face turning a bright red color in his anger.

"Hey, who d'you think you are?!" he says, yelling rather loudly. "Lemme outta here!"

Reaching into his pocket, Ethan then grasped the pokeball containing his Quilava. As he tossed it up into the air, shouting.

"Quilava, gimme outta here. Attack with Flame Wheel!" He said, pointing at the man as Quilava was released from his ball. Nothing having occured, Ethan then looked down at Quilava with a look of sheer embarrassment. In his tantrum, he had forgotten entirely that Quilava had already been injured by the Absol before and was now lying on the ground, dazed and barely concious. Calling him back into his pokeball, Ethan was then lectured by the girl whom he had been attempting to pelt with berries. Ignoring everything she has to say, he simply looks at her in sheer disgust, his fingers twitching as he itched to shove his fist down her throat; the wall of sand his only barrier from doing so. As she turned towards the other man, he simply stuck out his tongue and turned away, wallowing in his own rage as he awaited to be released.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"I'm Isaac, and right now I'm pissed, so I suggest you don't try anything." Isaac said signalling Ace to stop the attack, "You should be thurougly ashamed. To lose a battle and then take out your anger on someone else because of your short comings. its the lowest thing I've seen someone do in a long time."

Ace began to lower the sand tomb, but very slowly. Isaac needed a captive audiance for a little longer.

"Do you honestly think that you lost because she was better? Are you actually mad at her? I've been raising a Quilava my entire life, and I know they can do a lot more then people think. So the real question is, have you bothered to even trust your pokemon?"

Isaac was trying hard to drive home this point. Trainers needed to realize that they are only the tiniest part of the equation in a battle. For this kid it seemed like he only trusted himself, and thusly could only ever blame others. He trusted himself to be the best, and when he wasn't it had to be someone elses fault. This lesson was one the boy should learn early. Isaac knew what it could lead to if unchecked. How? Because he was just like that when he started out.

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
Ethan looked back over at the new arrival as he began to lecture him about battles. Growling somewhat, he decided to set the man straight as to what had taken place.

"Battle?! What're you talking about?! I pulled a prank on her and she sent that -THING- of hers at my Quilava."

Waiting until the very moment the sand had released him, he stormed over to the man. Though what he had lectured him about had nothing to do with the current situation, it was true about his stance on battles....And he hated having it told to him. Worst of all, he had accused him of thinking badly of his Quilava, something he never had, nor would ever do.

"Ya' come here and go rubbin' yourself in other people's buisiness without knowing what th' hell was going on and attack me.....And ya' think ya' can tell -ME- I don't trust my partner? Who th' hell d'you think you are?!"

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"The question is who do you think you are? I know who I am. The fact that you got yourself into that situation and then got beaten in an impromtu battle doesn't change a thing. I stepped in to stop you from crossing the line and punching that girl. This became my business when I saw one human being about to hurt another. The reason I brought up a lack of trust between you and your pokemon is because if you were willing to really trust him. To really entrust ever fiber to your pokemon you wouldn't have let him get hurt that bad. We as trainers some of the most pathetic and pompous people on the planet. We claim greatness, but all of it comes from our pokemon. To go ahead and risk your pokemon's well being to pull a prank thats not trust thats being cocky and immature." Isaac said just about ready to punch the little brat himself.

All Isaac could think of right now was how much this kid didn't understand. This boy just didn't get that his pokemon was doing everything he was told to the point he was being injured very badly, but did this kid do a thing? He was more focused on revenge then on his own pokemon.

"Did you ever think that a pokemon battle could end in more then a knockout and loss? It can end in a hell of alot worse circumstances." Isaac said staring right down into the boys eyes.

This time though Isaac wasn't angry, but rather dissapointed. Maybe he was wrong. Maybe this kid trusted his pokemon, but too much even.

"Did you ever think that your pokemon would die for you?" Isaac said solemn and serious, not a trace of anger in his voice, "Because if you do trust them as much as you do that becomes one of the risks."

A number of years ago Isaac had just that experience. It started as just the average trainer battle, but by the end it was anything but. Isaac was down to just Raizer and the two were fighting an Onix. The fight had already gone on for around an hour, and Onix was clearly winning. Raizer was giving it his all, but everything he had was no match while the Onix was pummeling Raizer. Isaac kept on pushing Raizer. He was sure they could do this. He was so naively blinded by his belief in his partner that he didn't even know Raizer was already beginning to collapse. By the time the fight was over Raizer was bruised and even a bit bloody, something never seen in normal battles. When Raizer collapsed without a word Isaac rushed to him. Isaac held his partner, but he couldn't feel Raizer's pulse or his breathing. Isaac thought Raizer was dead, but it was a miracle he made it. Raizer hadn't made the smallest of sign warning he couldn't go on or that he was too badly hurt. Isaac thought Raizer had been fine the entire match, and now he didn't know what to think of it.

Here and now Isaac understood it. Raizer cared so deeply for Isaac that he would do anything for him, but Isaac had only thought it was his strength keeping him going. Really it was the dedication the two had to each other.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Thyme

Thyme hissed as the others attacked the Seviper. When Snype mentioned not knowing a distance move, she decided to get involved. While the Seviper was distracted, she fired Leech Seed, and began to sap the pokemon's strength.

"Come here you ssstupid twit!" she hissed as she leapt to the ground and dashed past the pokemon, swinging her Vines at it to make her it's target and smacking it upside the head. It turned and hissed at her, then slithered toward her as she leapt back. Her eyes widened when she realized she was utterly outmatched, being a grass type that was facing a poison type.

Brian

Bri smiled a bit when Max ran over to join the group.

"Hi Max! Sapph, this is my friend, Maxwell, Max, this is my new friend Sapphire!" he said happily. Duster grinned and hopped to the ground, her tail twitching, and Sprinkles looked boredly at Maxwell.

"Great, another one... Brian, I wanna fight." he said boredly.

Quin

Quin walked to the pokemon center and spotted the fight that was happening and walked over, dropping his arm on Ethen's shoulder.

"Well, aren't you just the little trouble maker! Heh, ou should be nicer to people!" he said with a roguish grin. Of course, he was grinning because he generally made his own trouble, but not just to make trouble. It was usually a distraction for what he was really doing.

"Anyways, I got to go to the center and heal my team. Later guys." he said with a smile as he walked away.

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
Ethan listened to what the man's lecture without so much as muttering a word, completely awestruct at the man's suggestions about him and his pokemon. Did the man REALLY think that this was how he was? Did he REALLY think he would allow Quilava, his partner and only friend, to die for him? Did the man REALLY think that he would push his pokemon that far? Sure, Quilava had gotten hurt earlier......But it was in a situation where under normal circumstances, no real harm would have come to him. Besides, the girl's attack had come seemingly out of nowhere.....And Sure, Quilava had been injured quite a bit, but so had he, and it was usually due to stupid choices, not hard training.

The man's accusations had finally pushed Ethan to the very edge of his boiling point. At this point, he was far beyond the use of violence, or his usual temper tantrums. Clenching his fists so firmly that his arms began to shake, he stared up at the man; not with a look of Fury.....But a look of sheer Hatred.

"Quilava is my greatest friend......My only friend. Everything ya' say I am, or have done.....Is -WRONG-. I don't know WHO TH' HELL ya' think ya' are to accuse me of treating him like a god damned tool. When we get into trouble, we do it together. When we're hurt, we're hurt together. I wouldn' -EVER- let Quilava die for me. If I had to pick, I'd die for -HIM-. The two of us have been through everything together....Whether we win or lose we stick together. Ya' can't say ANYTHING about us. Ya've just met me and ya' really think ya' know what kind of person I am?"

All of this came out yelling, and when he was done, he was breathing heavily, his fists shaking even more then they had been before. Finally inable to contain himself, Ethan then took up his arm and attempted to land a heavy blow upon his head, letting lose every last ounce of the strength he could muster.

Back