• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pET PEEVES v2

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Almost lost a lvl 55 mon to something 16 levels lower thanks to accuracy. That needs to go. Seriously.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
In Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, there's one part of the game where your class is on summer vacation - it's explicitly called this, not "spring break" or a temporally neutral "vacation" - but the Deerling character doesn't change colors.
I'm gonna be honest, this has been bothering the muk out of me since I first realized it.

pkmin3033

Masuda is a liar and is deliberately holding Game Freak back from making the best possible Pokemon games.

Seriously, recent admissions in interviews about how he is keeping the dev team deliberately small, as well as his persistent lying about the reasons for Dexit, have given me no small amount of dislike for the man. I don't approve of the personal harrassment he's faced, but I definitely question whether he is actually fit for his job any more, because he clearly has no idea what he's doing.

Also, for crying out loud, PLEASE let us skip your awful story cutscenes, Pokemon. I have seen better writing in Kemco titles.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 5, 2021
-Too many cutscenes in gen 7
-Lillie, generally. Especially since she always has to talk to you after the cutscenes which slows you down even more, just to tell you she probably won't find her way to a place that's like 10 steps away
- How washed out the 3DS sprites are. I was so excited to catch a red drapion in the ultra wormhole but he was just a sunbleached pink
-How hippowdon doesnt have sand coming out of it, nor typhlosion and quilava with flames

Years
just tried to play USUM again. couldn't do it, but that's mostly because it's just so much effort to get to lv. 100. even with chansey around, it'd take an annoying amount of effort. honestly, would it be too much to ask to add some really high- level area that's like, lv 70+?

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
If there's one thing that really, really peeves me that isn't Dexit, it's the amount of pandering given to the same, what, four Pokémon? Charizard, Pikachu, Eevee, and Meowth are getting all the love for no reason I can consider sensible. Yes, they're fan favorites, but that doesn't mean you should shoehorn some weird new form with them, Game Freak. Other Pokémon exist.

Years
Never liked Charizard. Never will.

One thing I've never really liked is the idea of keeping track of items that are out of reach in earlier areas because you don't have the necessary mechanism to get it yet (HMs, Ride Pokemon, Mach/Acro Bike, etc.) It's one thing if it's gatekeeping like a super powerful Pokemon (like Volcarona, a mythical/legendary) or some plot-related whatever (rare as they are), but if you're purposely hiding the TM for Earthquake in that little cave next to the first gym behind like 3 HMs and a Strength boulder puzzle....lmao

Years
My biggest pet peeve right now is actually one that many would very strongly disagree with.
I'm starting to see a trend in the main line series Pokémon games that makes it quite clear to me that the kind of games that Gamefreak want to make are "Pokémon anime simulator" type games.

While I don't have a problem with this concept in concept I believe that this kind of "bringing the anime into the games" should be kept for side games like colosseum or battle revolution.

The main line series definitely should and needs to evolve (desperately), but I don't personally want it evolving into "anime simulator"

My other big pet peeves include SwSh having the worst plot of any of the mainline games.

SwSh's new Pokémon designs... I've noticed something with this one though that I think can explain why I don't like Gen 8's designs and so many others do.
I explained it to my friend (who loves the new designs) like this.
These new designs look stupid and goofy, and you either find that charming (lovable idiot kind of way) or annoying and I land strongly in the latter.

And lastly, Dynamaxing will never touch mega evo's

DarkestAria

Covet the Skwovet
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020
I was very disappointed with a lot of Sword/Shields' Pokemon designs, because most of them don't feel like real Pokemon designs. A lot of them look like they should be part of a different game series entirely
Spoiler:
I've seen fakemon designs that embodied the Pokemon aesthetic far better than this.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
As despicable a character as Hop is, he's not a anomaly or an exception to the rule - he's only the latest in a line of horribly-written Pokemon "rivals."

Why do late-game trainers continue to seem allergic to the idea of carrying 5 or 6 Pokemon with them? Y'all are among the strongest trainers in the region, and y'all only have two or three Pokemon?

Excessive Red, Pikachu, and now Charizard pandering. At the very least, one of them didn't make it into Sw/Sh.

Specific to Sw/Sh, I didn't appreciate having to have to wear horrendous looking uniforms, instead of my much better-looking custom outfit, for things like "important" Gym battles and simply riding the bike.

In general, increased hand-holding, more linear progression with less exploration, and dumbing down of the plot/story.

the sloth

is loafing around
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 31, 2020
Let's see, let's see, things to pick apart about Sword/Shield that someone hasn't already said yet...

The fact Game Freak included a Cutscene Skip option that only works for cinematics and not the dialogue that stops you every five steps is up there, but something irks me even more.

Continued Kanto Bias for Galarian/Regional Forms. I loved Alolan Forms last Gen and, after getting the hype sucked right out of me following E3, the announcement of Galarian Forms honestly intrigued me again. But the amount of new Galarian Forms is... well, not bad, but still disappointingly low. Only 13 new forms, but 6 new Pokemon that are exclusive evolutions of Galarian forms... however. 6/13 of the new forms and 3/6 of the new evolutions are Kanto mons. Combined, 9/19 or 47.37% of the new regional mons are Kanto-based. And on top of that, one of those new forms/evolutions is Meowth, who already got an Alolan form last gen, and whose base form is getting a Gigantamax form this gen. I don't want no Kanto mons to get regional forms, but GF needs to step off the gas on the Kanto machine and give more of the limelight to the other 18 or so years of their franchise. 2 got one form and one evolution, 3 got two forms and one evolution, 5 got 4 forms and one new evolution. 4, 6, and 7 didn't even get table scraps.

Years
i miss when pokemon games had cool post-game areas like pwt, battle frontier, etc. i feel like these days, battle tower clones are all that's going to be in current and future pokemon games which honestly makes me kinda worried about hypothetical gen 4 remakes. is Game Freak going to cut out the battle frontier in those games as well? like i know there's more to pokemon than battling, but in-game battling is what i really liked and am more passionate about and i feel like with every game there's just less and less for me to do in that area.

Years
So I'm pretty pissed how much this generation went down quality-wise since the last. I had high hopes for this gen because last gen was fantastic. They went back to the same cookie cutter story, with the same cardboard characters, and didn't really upgrade anything about the game.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Hold on. The Star and Ribbon Alcremie sweets are not available in the game?? THOSE WERE LITERALLY THE TWO I WANTED!

Years
i hatched 1000 eggs so far trying to get shiny bulbasaur in swsh and im kinda burnt out u___u taking a break at the moment before i go back and try again.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
Years
I know this is trivial, but it really bothers me that the cries of the Galarian evos (Obstagoon, Cursola, etc.) are just lower-pitches version of the pre-evolutions. I understand they don't have to have vastly different cries, but the fact that every single one is barely any different from the previous ones ticks me off.

Last edited:

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
Years
Vibrava LOSING 20 ATTACK POINTS upon evolution from Trapinch. Undoubtedly one of the, if not THE, biggest wtf moments in all of pokemon evolution. Shame too because it would really really boost Flygon as a whole in the end.

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
The fact that there has been so much dialogue in the games from Gen 5 onwards, and despite that the story has never been more interesting than it has been in previous games. It would've been nice if they could have gone 5 minues in SwSh without either Hop appearing or telling the player who the Champion is and who his main Pokémon is, or both.

Years
The post-game *sigh*. Think it's been mentioned before in this thread, but I'll still never understand why after Gen V, Game Freak just decided to not implement exciting post-game areas to explore. Sevii Islands, Johto, Battle Frontier, the Battle Island place in Platinum and literally a third of Unova all made amazing places to explore after the main story, and added extra incentive to keep playing. I enjoy shining hunting breeding etc, but wish there was just more to do in the current games after the league, at least the DLC should add that!

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
I don't like how Pikachu has its anime cry now, it sounds awfully inconsistent compared to the rest of the Pokémon.

Back