• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your IDEAL starter in FR/LG/R/S/E

Evey

Female Red
Years
FireRed-Chamander, you get to learn that exta special move *hint hint* and its evolved form can learn fly.
Leafgreen-Bulbasaur, you learn that move *cough cough* and its generally a good powerhouse.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Any starter in those two versions are good of course~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ruby-Alright, lets face it. In these three generations the creaters seemed heavily biased XD poor fire-types. In Ruby Treeko and Mudkip would be good against Team Magma. Torchic (fav) would do well....fine I guess.
Sapphire-Again Treeko, would own this game against Team Aqua and Wallace. Torchic would own Steven tho...
Emerald- Treeko, again. My baby Torchic wouldnt have a chance! *runs around screaming and crying* Fire would die against Juan and Wallace. Beware!
______________--If you wanna break the rules--_________________________________________________________________
For all games I always use Blaziken, Eevee, Espeon, and Ninetails. So that would be Torchic, Eevee, Eevee, and Vulpix. Blaziken does good against all them crazy bugs, grass, steel types and the general population of pokemon. Espeon is good against almost EVERYTHING and Eevee is a neutral HM-slave :) Ninetails is just cool to have along with you during the journey XP

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I'm fine with the starters in both games, but if I had to pick another pokemon I would pick either Spheal, Bagon, Eevee, or Beldum.

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2013
I would easily pick sandshrew, because its evolution is so cool, and before it did evolve it looks quite good to.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I would pick a Pokémon which would evolve twice, and the first at an early stage. Nevertheless, Pokémon (other than the real starters) like that are impossible to find. Eevee would be the best choice then, except you wouldn't get stones that early, or you would want it to be Espeon or Umbreon (which then requires happiness). But suppose, you managed to hobble up to Celadon with Eevee then xD. Also, other than Eevee, I'd really love Mudkip (it's a generic starter already, how lucky!) to take. Very nice little thing, also helpful 'cause it evolves early (like other starters, except this guy is my fav). Also, an ideal starter would be a one who looks normal, and can cross any terrain (in other words, have legs). He shouldn't be terrifying and should be small and naive like you. Not some hurly burly Rhyhorn, or some spooky Gastly. Not that I hate them, i'm just saying why they aren't starter-friendly.

Guy

just a guy
Years
When playing R/S/E or FR/LG, I couldn't choose any differently from the starters we're given; I like them all. Although, given the chance, I guess I wouldn't mind choosing an Eevee as my starter in FR/LG if I could. Not being able to evolve it into Espeon or Umbreon is the only downside unfortunately.

Years
Not sure why, but I really like seedot and all of its evolutions, so that would probably be my choice.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2014
I'd probably pick Shroomish or Duskull. Their just cool and have a pretty decent move pool and stats.

Sirfetch’d

I would still consider Torchic the most ideal starter ever and would pick him easily at any opportunity.

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
Years
I would choose Ralts. Although you can obtain it early on in the game, I still think it is a great choice as a starter. Other than that, I would choose Bagon because Salamence > Your life.

Years
Snorunt for sure. It takes pretty long before you can get one and an Ice-type as a starter would be special. ^^

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Hm, I can see Bagon as one I would want. Although, a Beldum would be just as amazing. Both have a great moveset when they finally evolve and on Metagross... that defense, so amazing.

Back