• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stupid people, thinking everyone uses Ruby...

Jirachi

is made of gold
Years
I just found out that the American Pokemon Website's "Pokemon of the Week page always shows info you can only find in the Sapphire Version. I myself play the Sapphire version and more than half of our members use Sapphire instead of Ruby. They think they could just cheat us Sapphire players while giving Ruby players more knowledge! I thought both versions were equal!
What a rotten thing for them to do... :(

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
The differences are few, and real information about both can be found freely elsewhere. The offical Pok?mon site is one of the worst out there for information, news or gameplay help.

Jirachi

is made of gold
Years
Good thing someone shares my opinion, that website is only useful for information on what is going on at the Pokemon Centre in New York and the rest is garbage.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I go to pokemon.com to listen to kareokemon music, but that's about it...lol

As far as the bias for Ruby over Sapphire...I think NoA assumed that it is morepopular among Pok?mon's younger fanbase because little kids will definitely prefer the Fiery Groudon to the Maritime Kyogre

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Kids love Groudon because it looks like this feroice "bloody" monster in comparison to a weird killerwhale... Even though we know Kyogre is stronger than Groudon in most situation (due to the type of the pokemon)...

official sites are good for Pokemon center stuff and that's all... for POkemon music there's websites out there too.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Kyogre is a water type, and being pure water, it's only weakness is to electric and grass types. Using calm mind to boost sp.def, Kyogre pretty much lose all weaknesses. With an insane sp.att and sp.def, Kyogre reaches the point of near immortality except to Blocklax (who is completely invulnerable after full curses... currently i can't think of any counters to a Blocklax after it is fully cursed)

However Kyogre got somewhat weaker now as it lost ice beam for ancientpower, as Shedinja did earn the nickname of "Kyogre Mauler" awhile ago. This got the Kyogres so paranoid that they dropped ice beam for ancientpower to kill off the Kyogre Mauler. So now it probably got surf and ancientpower as its attack, and so now any Pokemon with Water Absorb can pretty much make a draw with Kyogre wasting all of Kyogre's precious PP, or force the trainer to switch (pseudohaze).

Kyogre is pretty hard to beat even if you're using Lanturn with thunder, or another electric Pokemon. Even Zapdos will have a very hard time with it after a few calm minds.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Haruka said:
Well, any electric Pok?mon can beat Kyogre... LOL...

Actually, most electric Pok?mon can't take it out before Kyogre takes it out. For the reasons frostweaver said above, Kyogre's special attack is insanely high, it has good speed an awesome movepool, Rest etc...

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
Kyorge if struck with a thunder will still survive though, with my level 48 raichu i used thunder with complete accuracy and it only reduced 3/4 of its health , and with a gradd type attack i used a level 45 solrock with solarbeam , and it did nothing , it took some damage but only less than half ......

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Sheer Cold, Fissure, Horn Drill and Guillotine can all beat Kyogre with one shot, along with luck ;p

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
Zapdos and Raikou of course , Maybe a pokemon w/ high def. and a thunder attack , or maybe somehting that can last just by using attacks like pyschic or sumthin

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
actually no... Raikou will have a tough fight with Kyogre if you're going to use Raikou to fight it out with Kyogre (assuming both has no buff ups before hand). Zapdos should be able to defeat Kyogre if Kyogre don't have any buff ups beforehand. But once calm mind is at work... these 2 are rather doomed as well... Kyogre is pretty evil.

(now are we getting off topic by a lot...)

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
yes lets stay on subject , but in reality little kiddies like Kyorge over groudon , Why because its blue of course , kids love blue ^^

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
It seems the best way to beat Kyogre is a higher-level Kyogre...

In response to Dizzy's statement, kids like red too, especially the kids that grew up in the part of town I grew up in...also the only RL pok?fans that I know are a small group of little kids, and alll of them have a ruby version but no sapphire version...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
that is true... it's just that there's differnet Pokemon to capture in the while. As for Magma and Aqua, there's no difference except one uses Numel/Camerupt, and the other uses Carvana/Sharpedo

Back