• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hoenn Remake or Kanto Remake?

Which would you prefer?

• Hoenn Remake

Votes: 138 92.6%
  • Kanto Remake

Votes: 11 7.4%

• Total voters

Infernova

Simple Philosopher
Years
Definitely Hoenn. I've never played the 3rd Gen games, and I would like to experience Hoenn. I've been to every other region so far. Hoenn sounds, exotic, I guess.

piefara

human
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
they could do both! break tradition and remake yellow and emarald at the same time as companion games emarald is far better than r/s in terms of storyline and the third games are better than the other two anyway

Emilia1234

Relapsed
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 8, 2013
I'd like a Hoenn remake, as FRLG still feels surprisingly fresh and immediate to play; the Hoenn games are more dated.

piefara

human
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
I'd like a Hoenn remake, as FRLG still feels surprisingly fresh and immediate to play; the Hoenn games are more dated.
sorry i voted for hoenn two but how does that make sense with emarald?

hoenn is my favorite reigion anyway!! wow! 177 to 10 go hoenn!

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I'd definitely love to see a Hoenn remake for the 3DS! Kanto has already been remade, and i guess it would be Hoenn's turn to get some attention again. Plus a lot of people really liked the Hoenn region, the overall design and theme, and all the pokemon that were introduced in the 3rd Gen. And now imagine all this in 3D! Now that would be simply awesome :D

Guy

just a guy
Years
If Pokemon stays on the 3ds, I'd definitely want to see a Hoenn remake because Hoenn would be more impressive than Kanto in a full 3d environment.
I feel the same way. Hoenn has a diverse group of cities, towns, and areas that would be nice to see made into full blown 3D. Kanto has had its time in the lime light for every generation pardon the fifth. I think it can skip one more.

Years
Although I would LOVE to see how Kanto would look in 3D, I'd have to go with a Hoenn remake. As a previous poster posted, there has only been 3 games with Hoenn in them, while Kanto has been in multiple. I hope that later on in the years to come, they release all of the regions in 3D, most of us will be very old by then though, doesn't matter to me, because I'll continue to play Pokemon until I die :)

lazy~

World's Laziest Trainer...
Years
I wouldn't mind Kanto staying in HG/SS for another generation if they plan on remaking Hoenn. A Hoenn remake would make for an obviously more exciting game because of the diverse region and an actual story.

Back