• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What your starter pokemon B2/W2 ?

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2018
Snivy has been my starter in every game of the fifth gen. The other starters were somewhat appealing to me but I didn't really like the final evolutions. Snivy's design really won me over and Serperior is probably my favorite grass-starter final evolution. :happy:

Years
I chose Oshawott, but mostly because I didn't like the designs of other ones.

Tepig evolves into a Fire-Fighting Pokemon...which has become the bane of every Fire starter's existence recently.
Snivy evolves into a snake, although it seems to devolve more than it evolves (loss of legs, mainly)

If I had to choose between Tepig and Snivy, however, I would pick Snivy.

✯Shigeru✯

I Dropped The Lift Key...
Years
Oshawott is the only one of the three starters I can stand using throughout the game. I had to get rid of my Snivy in white 2 because it just couldn't get it done offensively.

Years
I picked Oshawott which is typical of me as I love the water type Pokemon. I'm glad I did because I love the Pokemon it evolves into and it's heading my team well.

Plus it was hard to turn down such a cute looking sea otter. :P

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
I chose mine according to gyms at the start. First, I wanted a challenge at the second gym, so I chose snivy, I then caught Cobalion after the fifth gym, then abandoned my Serperior. SO, yeah, I beat the elite four with cobalion

Same story Cobalion became my Signature guy after that, it seemed like a nice Pokemon if you want to line it up with the story. He's all heroy and super majestic looking.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
I picked tepig in pokemon black because my friend picked snivy. I was like, Im gonna win! in black 2, I picked snivy since that was my original choice but was shot down by my friend, who doesnt play anymore

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2018
I have played pokemon black thrice and pokemon black 2 twice ...
I have taken all d 3 atleast once as a starter in black and i thought dat snivy is better
whereas in black 2 i found oshawott better ..... i dont kno y is der such difference , but overall in pokemon black / black 2 i loved oshawott .... And since oshawott doesnt hav much weakness , its better

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Oshawott for both White and White 2. I picked Tepig for a change in Black 2, but I still haven't got to experience its full potential yet as I haven't been playing Black 2 for quite some time and my Tepig is still a Pignite. plus I'm lazy lol

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
I picked Oshawott. Its simply because Oshawott has the coolest design of the three (just my opinion) and I like water type

Ashmi

ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵? ??)
Years
Oshawott! I don't really like the other two starters, to be honest ;c;

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
As much as I may like Oshawott, I picked Snivy.
I felt like having the 2nd Leaf Ninja (Sceptile's cousin, I always thought) in my party, and Snivy fits the role. Shiftry is bad.

Years
Chose Snivy just because I loved the sprite. As far as evolution goes, it never happened. I now have a level 73 Snivy on my team (I know it is completely uncompetitive, but who cares?) and took down a few opponents online with it. Best. Feeling. Ever.

Years
I picked Tepig because I like fire types and she really looked cute, but she because this huge monster (emboar), and my mom called it "disgusting and hideous". I replaced her with a Volcarona... and my Volcarona is THE BOSS, LEMME TELL YOU.

Fired up Cat

Charizard rules all
Years
I have picked all three in different games but oshawott is the best,strongest and looks cool,tepig is alright but another fire/fighting is silly and snivy is ok too but isn't that great until it evolves.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Mmm, possibly Tepig, because I like trolling the game with Agility + Baton Pass + Head Smash.

Other than that I'd take Oshawott cause he's damn cute and Samurott is my fave.

Back