• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things in Pokémon that make you go "What the hell?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I just remembered the Pokedex entry for Darumaka... "Darumaka's droppings are hot, so people used to put them in their clothes to keep themselves warm."

JohnnyJ773

Wanderer from Cianwood City
Years
^^^^ That's gross, lol.... What makes me go wth is in the games why do the trainers you encounter spin around in circles like a bunch of idiots. Day and night.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014
"What the Hell?"

Finding out that certain types are super-effective against other types you would never expect. Like Fighting being super-effective against Ice. Or just the fact that electric moves are neutral against pure-rock types!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
Yamask's Pokedex entry...

Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.

So some Pokemon were once humans, that sure makes you think. Doesn't James own a Yamask now?

iMor

All Things Ditto
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2013
The fact that Mr. Mime can be female is a bit odd.
Also, I don't understand how some Pokemon have clothes.

• All Jynx have dresses
  • All Hitmonchans have weird skirt-tunic things
  • All Machoke/Machamp have girdles (the underwear things they have)

I wonder if the clothes are just a part of the Pokemon or if they have to dress in them every time they wake up.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
How is water not strong against electric? Shouldnt they get shorted out or something?

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Food.

★Swellow eats Wurmple, and I find it a bit odd, especially since all Pokémon are significant, and what happens if a fellow Trainer's Wurmple gets eaten? (WTH?)

★What do people eat? Meat? Chicken? They eat Torchics? (WTH?)

★Do huge carnivore-like Pokémon eat people? I can't imagine... (WTH?)

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2013
Getting air lifted by a pidgey or swimming on a Pokemon that clearly wouldn't be able to handle the weight of a human. But, games don't need to make sense! Right?

Years
Why did Mewtwo never leave the cave? like c'mon it's the most powerful pokemon in history and it cant leave because there's some dude blocking the entrance? righto gamefreak.

stp

ShootThePuck
Years
Apparently only a ten year old Pokemon trainer can find legendaries, because everyone else in the region is braindead.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
In Pokemon Pearl, you buy mulch and the girl says, "It's made from Pokemon...you know..."

I've never seen Pokemon doo in the games or show :P

I read that as "It's made from Pokemon, you know." 0.0

Why do little children have Pokemon, and yet the player-character is like 10-12 years old, living RIGHT NEXT TO TALL GRASS, not have even a Rattata?!

Why can't I just use inferno on Ghetsis before he sends out his next Pokemon? I mean, I do respect honor and all, but HE WANTS TO BE THE HITLER OF POKEMON! Just take 'im out when he's defenseless! *grumblegrumble* Kid's game. *grumblegrumble*

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
Was in the bell tower last night in HeartGold... How does that old tower have teleporters, but new structures don't? And that kimono girl getting stuck on ice so smooth, most hockey rinks would be jealous.

Apparently only a ten year old Pokemon trainer can find legendaries, because everyone else in the region is braindead.

This. Everyone is like "omg, the legendary is here!" And some 12 year old trainer is the only one with enough balls to throw poke balls at the thing.

Last edited:

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
1) how is ash not dead yet? all those thunderbolts and flamethrowers must have done something
2) how gary ages yet ash does not
3) weird pokedex entries, see drifloon, darumaka, duskull, litwick evo line, spoink, etc
4) how ash still doesnt like girls (i think he has pokephilia)

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
Well, the confusion alilment doesn't make too much sence. "Did he say flamethrower or punch myself in the face?"

Also. the fact that Wailord can breed with Skitty and Seedot. Charizard can breed with Magikarp. What?

Years
Why is is that every time anyone looks at you you are required to brutally murder their pets?

You: Well, hello there! Nice wea-
Trainer: Stop right there! We must battle!

Like, what?

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Also. the fact that Wailord can breed with Skitty and Seedot. Charizard can breed with Magikarp. What?

Lol really?

And another thing I have thought of is that you can walk into anyone's house in the middle of the night and they don't react at all. In real life, they would freak out and throw you out.

JohSketch

Tech Geek
Years
The thing that made me go "What the hell" was the fact that people in Pokemon will wait the rest of their lives just sitting in the middle of a route just so they can battle ONE person.

Years
Something that made me go WTH was the fact that your bird-pokemon can't fly until you get the HM. Especially when their in-game sprite is flying (like Wingull). Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back