• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen What Pokemon did you use the Master Ball on?

BLOOOD-La-ti-

This is the place to try!
Years
I only use the master ball if the wild pokemon is struggling.I rarely use the master ball if they are hard to catch.

Ruby: Latios - Due to struggle
Sapphire: Latias - Also due to struggle
Emerald: Deoxys - He's too weak he always gets knocked out
FireRed: Mewtwo - Although he only has psychic,He's too powerful
Leafgreen: Lugia - Due to struggle again..Before he used that,he kept on using recover.Which is pretty annoying

And that's about it

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Here's the Pokemon that I used them with.

Ruby: Latios
Emerald: Idk, why but I used it to Rayquaza... xD
Firered: Suicune (I picked Charizard)
Leafgreen: Raikou (I picked Blastoise)

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
lol I'd also love to do that but no patience

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2024
On my first play through I had no clue what a master ball was... Relicanth....

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Naww, using it on Groudon is still quite ok :)

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
I think I used my masterball on Kygore or Rayqazua on my Sapphire. On my Redfire probably one of the trio legendary bird trio.

Years
Poochyena.
I have my friends to thank for that.
Catching Rayquaza took forever.

When I'm emulating, I rarely use the Master Ball because save-states and non-static RNG.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
First time I played my Ruby i used it on Groudon. After I accidentally restarted it though I never used my Master Ball. I never used my Master Ball these day because I find happiness in catching my Legendaries in normal ball, especially if it's something other an an Ultra Ball.

Years
For flora sky cdex versi0n.i d0nt use any masterball for all the legendaries there.instead i used my own tricks on catching.the save/load tricks

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
I don't use masterballs, not to feel manly, but for fashion reasons. It looks too flashy for my preferences. I caught Latios with 13 ultraballs because my Crobot (That's a nickname!) has mean look. And Rayquaza with 1 great ball, LOL!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I usually just use them on Latios and Latias nowadays. I completely missed the Master Ball the first time I played Sapphire though. @_@

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Groudon. This was before I knew we could catch it without it. Not to mention my cousin told me if I didn't catch it I wouldn't beable to countinue the game. I Emerald I ended up using it on Latias or Latios because I didn't like chaceing them everywhere. Rayquaza I caught with a Premier Ball haha

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2012
When my masterball makes it all the way to a legendary, I use it on that. I usually end up throwing it at a shiny or accidentally hit it instead of an ultra ball.

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
I always use my master ball on Latias or Latios because they flee right away. I know I could use a pokemon like a trapinch, but I don't see any other pokemon worthy of the master ball when Rayquaza and other legendaries can be caught with ultra balls.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I didn't bother with post-game on my last run of Emerald, so I used my Masterball on Relicanth. He was kinda being stubborn so I really just gave up and threw my Masterball. Worth it? No, but the Masterball probably would've sat in my bag forever.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Okay, in Emerald, I always used the Master Ball on Latias, just because she's my favorite Legendary. As for the others:

Groudon: Nest Ball (1 try, pure luck)
Kyogre: Nest Ball (37 tries, seriously annoying)
Rayquaza: Nest Ball (82 tries, 5 resets, took roughly 3 hours)

Regirock: Premier Ball (don't remember how many tries)
Regice: Ultra Ball (pretty easy)
Registeel: Poke Ball (lucky catch)

Mew: Ultra Ball (really annoying to catch)
Deoxys: Premier Ball (truly annoying)

Back