• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen What Pokemon did you use the Master Ball on?

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I was young, so in Ruby I used my Master Ball on Groudon. Afterwards, though, I heard of the "amazing concept" of battling legendaries like regular Pokemon and using Ultra Balls on them, so I caught Rayquaza in Emerald with an Ultra Ball. I used an Ultra Ball on Latios, too. After that, I just kept all my Master Balls unused.

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2013
Emerald was a fun game, I caught Rayquaza with a masterball, I didn't have any other pokeballs at that time, I was so upset :3

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
In Pokemon Ruby I used my Master Ball on Groudon because I didn't know better regarding Latias and Latios being runaway legendary Pokemon, in Pokemon Sapphire, I used my Master Ball on Latias and in Pokemon Emerald, I used my Master Ball on Rayquaza because I just wanted to catch it and get it over with already; luckily when I picked the choice "Red" and when I ran into Latias, I was able to put it to sleep, false swipe it and then capture it after 2 Ultra Balls :D

:t354:TG

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I didn't I never caught Latias and Latios, and I was doing a Pokeball challenge, so Groudoun, and Kyorge were caught in Pokeballs.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I never thought I would encounter Latios so I got stupid and used it on Rayquaza because he was getting annoying. Now I rely on a weak Wobuffett who dies from Luster Purge and Latios runs away :(

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I havnt used my master ball yet(might use it on groudon or rayquaza) cause I actually used my wobbafett through the main story. Thus i was able to capture latios with ultra balls. Other than him i didnt challenge any of the legends

Number Infinity

Equal to Zero
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2013
I used my master ball on an Absol. Back then I was little and didn't know much(I thought Absol was a legendary XD)
As for the other legends I either avoided them or caught them in Poke balls(like I said above I was little and I herd then when you throw a pokeball if you press A at the right time The ball would never fail... man those were the days.)

Pinta77

Latias. I used to use it on Kyogre, but then I figured out Latias was the toughest one to get without a master ball.

The Legend of Zorra

La Leyenda de la Zorra
Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
I used mine on a Zubat.

I know. I know. I don't even know what I was thinking, but in my defense I was but a wee grade schooler at the time.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 20, 2013
I used it on Rayquaza, before I knew about the cloning glitch. I wish I would have saved it for Latias/Latios :c

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2013
I used mine on a Zubat.

I know. I know. I don't even know what I was thinking, but in my defense I was but a wee grade schooler at the time.

Hah! So did I. I don't even know why in the world.

Also, there was an account where I'd encountered a Shiny. My first one-- and it was a Linoone. In my overexcitement, I'd immediately whipped out my Master Ball and caught it.

I was a happy child that month.

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2013
Not sure if this was on red or fire red ... But I used to always use it on zapdos as a kid as I couldnt beat the elite 4 without it, but then I wouldnt be able to catch mewtwo without the masterball, so I used to get stressed haha.

Back