• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did pokemon jump the shark after hoenn?

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2013
iv always loved Pokemon but re watching the series i notice up to diamond and pearl ash remained the same strong brave experienced ect.. but then when he got to sinnoh they started to dumb him down make him amateur again

now in unova he seems like hes never had any of his past adventure and is more childish then he was in s1, was this a bad choice?

personally i would of preferred if they progressed the character more and geared up towards an ending rather then dumbing him down to make room for more story's

any thoughts?

tnfsf11

I haven't seen any seasons other than the Kanto & Johto ones, BUT as I wandered around this forum I can conclude that Ash somehow is reset in the beginning of every season in a new region (less experienced and whatsoever), I guess that's because if he continued to gain experience he would become a champion in no time causing the series to end (IMO) so they had to do this to buy more time in the series and introduce watchers to new Pokemon. Also maybe they didn't want all series to be connected to each other so that watchers don't have to watch ALL previous series.

Another thing is that re-watching anything would not make you feel the same way you did when you first watched it, because now you're probably older and more mature so you'll look at Pokemon differently (that happened to me)...

I personally prefer the original series; because in newer series they introduced new generations that weren't as cool as generations 1 & 2, Ash changes his clothes & friends, and they brought new "teams" (magma, aqua, ...etc.) who just crowded up the series :P...

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Pokemon jump the shark during the Orange Islands saga when Brock left the Original team and was replace by Tracey the show was never the same again, but atleast Brock came back for the good old Johto series.

I really believe Pokemon has gotten a lot worser when the Hoenn saga started with that annoying May/Max which both to me made Pokemon jump the shark in the worst way possible, but Sinnoh was the worst series to date.

Back