• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Johto Journeys- Dreams & Nightmares (M) [OOC+SU]

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Erm... Lyle is a scammer who gives you absurd insurance that gives you the minimum amount of money once for each day you've either tripped and fell, got stung by bees, or bought a false painting. He doesn't really give you a yes or no option either, you're kinda forced into it.

Years
Erm... Lyle is a scammer who gives you absurd insurance that gives you the minimum amount of money once for each day you've either tripped and fell, got stung by bees, or bought a false painting. He doesn't really give you a yes or no option either, you're kinda forced into it.

You'll probably enjoy this video here, Wolfy....though the only relevant part to this conversation is after the 2 minute mark :P

Edit: Also, just because I'm curious, is Lacey Washington the defacto HQ for lingerie manufacturers in America like Hershey Pennsylvania is the chocolate capital?

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Erm, I certainly hope not. I think it's just a name.

Lord, I definitely don't want to live in a place that is sponsoring lingerie.

HelloAsha

Spoiler Alert!
Years
Spoiler:

@ORegan Shine on bro! We both have Grass Pokemon starters. I personally feel like their the toughest to deal with in the start, but the grass types are beast in their later evolutionary stages. When your Seedot turns into a Shifty you're going to be a problem.

Your reasons for creating Joe the way he is, is great. I can remember being ~6, and playing Pokemon Red on my Gameboy Color, and having no idea what to do, especially because reading was still difficult for me at that age, but the concepts were easy to pick up. Playing those old games over, and over again taught me a lot about the mechanics of Pokemon, and now that I think about it even how to read (to an extent) I'm excited to see how Joe grows with his Pokemon, and the steps he takes in becoming a master of Pokemon training. & I hope you run into that ditto again, it would make for a great story.

You think the villains, and the "hit squad" will work together at some point? Preposterous! That's unless someone/thing shows up that's a lot bigger, meaner, and more badass than all of us. Again, it would make for an interesting story at some point.

By the way, thank you! Hey Arnold was & still is the s**t ! It almost makes me miss the 90's. If you ever want to party I can meet you in Boston, or wherever the party is at. This Thursday there is going to be a crazy-huge foam party in Hyannis on the Cape.

What other games are you into? And, I'm also curious to learn more about your stand-up routine. I'm interested in comedy/entertainment too!​

Spoiler:

@WolfOfEve After watching that video, I've come to the conclusion that Lyle is a scumbag. There are only a few occasions where no means yes. He forced that poor girl into purchasing that insurance policy.​

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Spoiler:

Shine on bro! We both have Grass Pokemon starters. I personally feel like their the toughest to deal with in the start, but the grass types are beast in their later evolutionary stages.

You think the villains, and the "hit squad" will work together at some point? Preposterous! That's unless someone/thing shows up that's a lot bigger, meaner, and more badass than all of us. Again, it would make for an interesting story at some point.

I agree with the fondness of grass type starters, Bulba and Chico are two of my favorites of all Pokémon.

The villains working with the heroes? Crazy talk! Although it would be very interesting but it would require some pretty serious circumstances. Almost as outlandish as Team Rocket and Neo working together, now that WOULD be crazy.

I wonder what Bleacher has in mind for the main storyline?

In other news, I'll be absent for the next few days as i'm having a surprise beach-vacation with my partner. By 'surprise' I mean she told me at 8pm today, and we leave at 8am tomorrow morning. It's alright though, she had the foresight to book work off for me!

We'll be gone for three days, and as such I won't have much time to get on here during that time, so have fun and behave yourselves while I'm gone!

HelloAsha

Spoiler Alert!
Years
I agree with the fondness of grass type starters, Bulba and Chico are two of my favorites of all Pokémon.

The villains working with the heroes? Crazy talk! Although it would be very interesting but it would require some pretty serious circumstances. Almost as outlandish as Team Rocket and Neo working together, now that WOULD be crazy.

I wonder what Bleacher has in mind for the main storyline?

In other news, I'll be absent for the next few days as i'm having a surprise beach-vacation with my partner. By 'surprise' I mean she told me at 8pm today, and we leave at 8am tomorrow morning. It's alright though, she had the foresight to book work off for me!

We'll be gone for three days, and as such I won't have much time to get on here during that time, so have fun and behave yourselves while I'm gone!

Bulbasaur holds a special place in my heart too. I actually have a tattoo of one on my inner left bicep.

If there was a Pokemon & Spongebob cross-over Bulbasaur would be best explained by the remembrance of Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen "... HE WAS NUMBER ONE!"

Outlandish indeed. Bleacher being the chaos worshipper I'm sure he's got plot twists all wrapped up in the future of our journey through Johto.

& That surprise beach vacation sounds awesome! What a thoughtful gesture, taking work off for you, and planning something so awesome. Enjoy your time away from home, and come back with some good beach stories ♥

BTW I'm writing my next Graham post now. Stay tuned.​

Last edited:

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Bulbasaur holds a special place in my heart too. I actually have a tattoo of one on my inner left bicep.

If there was a Pokemon & Spongebob cross-over Bulbasaur would be best explained by the remembrance of Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen "... HE WAS NUMBER ONE!"

Outlandish indeed. Bleacher being the chaos worshipper I'm sure he's got plot twists all wrapped up in the future of our journey through Johto.

& That surprise beach vacation sounds awesome! What a thoughtful gesture, taking work off for you, and planning something so awesome. Enjoy your time away from home, and come back with some good beach stories ♥

BTW I'm writing my next Graham post now. Stay tuned.​

I'll definatly try my best to have some beach-stories when I come back.

Dammit means I'm,, not going to be able to read that post until friday!

Years
I think you guys misunderstood me, I meant we'll have to collaborate on making posts at some point, since we're bound to battle each other.

@ORegan Shine on bro! We both have Grass Pokemon starters. I personally feel like their the toughest to deal with in the start, but the grass types are beast in their later evolutionary stages. When your Seedot turns into a Shifty you're going to be a problem.

Well, you need to remember that my grass starter isn't an actual grass starter...and his level up movepool isn't really good....what's the rule with learning TMs again? :P But I also want the ditto to be a running gag to last at least into cherrygrove. Maybe it can be our jigglypuff and annoy the rest of the group? And Bulbasaur was my first Pokemon if you don't count me playing on my cousin's Red version for an afternoon before getting Blue for my birthday.

But my standup, at least what's written that I haven't forgot, is a bit deranged and dark. One of my friends is a rapper/folk singer(weird combo, I know) and according to him most bars won't allow a good portion of what I've wrote down.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
haha, I feel like a right noob, my first starter was mudkip because I didn't play the leaf green and fire red games until a year after they were released in the uk - But I know plenty of people with the starter of chimchar/tepig - haha. The next generation of people, eh?

Years
I agree, maybe send them a message if they've been online recently to see if they're still active? EDIT: It seems like three or four of the RPers have been inactive since May. Midnight Umbreon and Kanea are the only two regularly active.

haha, I feel like a right noob, my first starter was mudkip because I didn't play the leaf green and fire red games until a year after they were released in the uk - But I know plenty of people with the starter of chimchar/tepig - haha. The next generation of people, eh?

Don't feel bad, my sister's starter was a Pikachu, and by the time she got it, all of my team was horribly overpowered for her to knock out even my weakest....Missingo glitch ftw. :P

Last edited:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
I honestly have nothing to write about in this rp till the trainers get to azelea town, so I'm going to be inactive for a little bit. I might still post here though!

HelloAsha

Spoiler Alert!
Years
Friday came, and went ... Still no post.
The following Tuesday a new post, FINALLY.

It took me so long to write that post. It took 5 separate writing occasions to put together the post that went up this morning. I just hope things are winding down for chapter one. I foresee one more post from myself at least before I reach Cherrygrove City. Excitement is rising. :pink_evil:

Anyone notice Bleacher has been M.I.A. since June 9th? or something like that.. I hope everything is okay.

@ORegan I'm not sure if there's any specific rule to learning TM's, but the rule on items is you can find, receive, or steal anything as long as it makes sense to the story.

I think my first starter may have been Squirtle? Bulbasaur is still #1 & If you know nothing about Pokemon, you know 3 things indefinitely; Ash Ketchum, Pikachu & the 3 Kanto Starters.

& About your standup it sounds raunchy. That's my kind of comedy {:3}

@Crimson0191 That makes me feel so old. I was in the middle of high school when D/P/P came out. The generation gap is crazy though. I'm sure I was in early middle school when R/S/E came out, and I was YOUNG then. {D:}

I don't know if not having trainers around is reason enough to go inactive. Especially if you have the freedom to travel develop your character, or build up some sub-plots until we catch you to your excellence. :pink_tongue:

@Geras32 & Good question buddy. I was beginning to wonder the same thing myself.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
@helloasha - good point, however scott's mission is to hold up the trainers, and I only just realised azalea is the home to the second gym, so I'll probablies post around that

HelloAsha

Spoiler Alert!
Years
@helloasha - good point, however scott's mission is to hold up the trainers, and I only just realised azalea is the home to the second gym, so I'll probablies post around that

@Crimson0191 You could set up some sort of diversion on Route 30, or in Violet city. I don't see any reason for you to be excluded in the fun. The RP feels like it's moving slow as molasses already. Having no posts from you for another 3-4* chapters would make things even worse.

Let's talk about something else for a bit!​

The questions seemed to work last time, and now I'm getting curious again, so feel free to answer these as you wish.​

1. What is one thing you like about yourself that other people might not like about you?

2. If you could be any Pokemon which Pokemon would you be, and why?

3. This one is special Tell us 3 things about your character that don't meet the eye. (Two of them have to be true, one of them must be a lie. Try hard not to make it obvious ... This would be a cool way to add more depth to your character, and start a fun conversation about all of our characters)

I will answer my own questions, and make my picks for your answers to #3 next time I post.

Until then, stay safe and enjoy your summer. {:3}​

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
1. What is one thing you like about yourself that other people might not like about you?
I like how I am able to see the inside personality of people, what's the word, perseptive. I am very perseptive in some ways, and have ben told that many time. I think people often don't like me because of many reasons. the first being I'm ginger, and long ago I used to have a gignger friend named adam, who them after a while I realised how annoying he is, and how his social skills are low, so I started to tell him to leave me alone and stuff, and then a few people stuck up for him. I don't look great but I'm not bad looking. I have friends who are way better looking than I am, and people often take that as an opurtunity to descreetly insult me, thinking I'm too thick not to notice.

Lucario, because they look cool, plus they are quite human like. I wouldn't like to be four legged because I would be quite 'unable' in some ways, plus lucario can learn psychich and he is really strong.

3. This one is special Tell us 3 things about your character that don't meet the eye. (Two of them have to be true, one of them must be a lie. Try hard not to make it obvious ... This would be a cool way to add more depth to your character, and start a fun conversation about all of our characters)
Hm, 2 true 1 lie. -
1 - Scott's true passion has always been to be an actor from when he was a little kid, but unfortunately due to his father he was forced into Neo, and fed lies to make him believe that it was a better place.
2 - Scott's wolflike features were made due to experiments his father insisted on doing to him in anger.
3 - He has a fear of hights that came naturally to him.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
I'm wondering whether I should post right now or keep waiting for Darkhaven3.

If I feel my thoughts on something would contribute and should be heard, I will speak my mind regardless of what others think.

I can't decide whether I would rather be an Aggron or a Gardevoir. Gardevoir because I would be able to sense feelings, teleport, see the future, and create mini black holes. Aggron because they are total badasses that claim an entire mountain as their territory and will wear their battle wounds with pride yet still care about the environment and plant trees after forest fires and stuff. Also they are badass.

1. Faris' parents don't approve of him.
2. Faris has never had any friends.
3. Faris has a secret affinity for sweets.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
My wide sense of humor and the joys of sarcasm. I think it bugs everyone around me, but I thoroughly enjoy it.​

By choice, or most suitable to personality? I know that I am most fitting to something like Lucario or Umbreon. By choice... Hmm. Honestly I couldn't decide.​

A: Kiba is dominantly left-handed
B: Kiba is dominantly right-handed
C: Kiba can use both hands equally.​

Not sure if being tricky, lazy, or sarcastic. Soooooooo

Aa: I am being tricky.
Bb: I m being lazy.
Cc: I am being sarcastic.

Back