• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Player owned Gyms

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Probably after the elite four they could make it so an extra gym is built for the protagonist? I dunno I feel stealing a gym from a gym leader is kind of mean.....
Negative. Typically the person beating the Champion is the new Champion. Being given nothing more than a Gym is sort of a demotion. Thus I will squash that storyline being an idea.

Doesn't mean I don't like it, though!

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
So stalking Pokemon's Twitter account, I find a new tweet that seemed similar to the Eevee Evolution question they posted a while back.

Twitter said:
If you could be a Gym Leader, what Pokémon type would you use in your Gym and why?

I see this 2 ways. TPC is asking us WHAT Gym types we want in the game....OR they are subtly dropping a hint that there will be Player owned Gyms. Both seem really out there, but like I said, this happened with the Eevee Evolution thing. Back in January they asked how many Evolutions of Eevee there were and we got Sylveon the next month.

You think they are dropping another hint?

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2013
So stalking Pokemon's Twitter account, I find a new tweet that seemed similar to the Eevee Evolution question they posted a while back.

I see this 2 ways. TPC is asking us WHAT Gym types we want in the game....OR they are subtly dropping a hint that there will be Player owned Gyms. Both seem really out there, but like I said, this happened with the Eevee Evolution thing. Back in January they asked how many Evolutions of Eevee there were and we got Sylveon the next month.

Totally. I really think that. OH MY GOSH COME ON WITH THAT GAME!

Years
That could also be like Secret Bases in RSE, that's something I've missed in the later games, especially the fact of being able to challenge your friends' Secret Bases and their teams everyday, winning experience.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
If you can have player owned gyms, I'd really like to see them set up like so:

• Offline Play
    • You would own a gym in a certain city (probably a pre-chosen one by GameFreak).
    • Fight random NPC's / NPC's you've battled before with a stronger team to give it a realistic progression.
    • Choose which Pokémon your Gym Trainers can use / level of difficulty.
  • Online Play
    • Other people could challenge your Gym.
    • The reward would be a badge you created (Simply draw one on the DS?) + some items or what not / a TM you choose.
    • Similar to Offline Play, they fight through your Gym's trainers, which you set.
    • Your Pokémon's levels are set 5+ levels or so higher than the person challenging you, to set you as the Gym Leader feel and so that there's still a level of difficulty.
    • Pokémon should be somewhat auto-balanced to extinguish Hackmon's or unfair cheating.
    • If you win, you get moved up a "Gym Leader Rank", which will tell people basically the level of difficulty for your Gym. (Similar to the games and anime - how Brock would be ranked at Level 1, whilst Sabrina would be ranked at Level 6, since Sabrina is stronger than Brock as a Gym Leader.) It'd be like a ranking system, so people can see how many losses and wins you've had. (But only if you want to be ranked).
    • IF POSSIBLE (probably not) customize how your gym is set up, such as creating a maze or strategy to get to you. (Though that would obviously be a lot of work for the developers and take up a lot of room in the game's memory.. At least I'd think so).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Very good point Xander! If this is true, we would likely hear news about this next month, which'll make people more interested in the games early on if they know your player can own an actual gym rather than hearing other features that will barely be used (such as move combinations~~)

Back