• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Song is it Anyway? week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
What Song is it Anyway?

what's this about?
What Song is it Anyway? is a bi-weekly game in which your music-listening skills and memory are put to the test as you have to listen to a set of ten modern, popular songs and guess what the songs are as well as their artists. The only catch is that the songs have all been changed to 8-bit format and are set to a certain theme that changes every time.

how do I play?
To play, all you have to do is click here and listen to the Soundcloud file with all ten tracks listed. Note that each track will be separated by two seconds of silence so it's obvious which is which.

After you think you've figured out what each song is, send me a private message with the tracks listed in order along with their artist. You have until July 27th to submit your guesses; whoever guesses the most correct (don't forget the artists!) wins!. Oh and here's a hint: this week's songs are set to the theme of Pop and R&B Queens.

Last edited:

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
Came for the title. >w>

Stayed just to lurk and see who actually wins at the end of this, because I don't listen to the group, so I'm screwed. xD

Maybe I'll tediously listen to every single song on youtube, until the the ungodly hours of the morning.

Edit:
oh its
OH.
Wow. yep. no. I only know two. /sits back and watches XD

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I only knew about half of these. XD I'm probably not gonna figure some of them without Youtube. I'm no expert in pop after 2010 the only reason I know some of the newer ones is cause of hearing them through flipping through the radio lol.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
My apologies for the briefness of the first song. I extended it and reuploaded the new version and it can be found here as well as in the first post.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I know all of them, but I'm having trouble with the first one. Gonna keep listening till I can get thisssss.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I can not figure out the second one and the last one. Those two are just completely stumping me. But I'll figure it out soon enough hopefully!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I managed to get numbers 1, 2, 5, 6, 8 and 9, but unfortunately the rest escape me haha. I'm not a huge pop/R&B fan though so looking forward to next time!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I thought I'd do pretty well at this considering I love Pop and R&B but omg I suck?? I've gotten like 5 of them. 2, 6, 7, 9 and 10 are the ones I'm stuck with, although 2 and 7 sound soooo familiar omg. :(

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think I just proved that I like pop music too much since I got all but one. I listened over and over to the first one and couldn't figure it out, lmao.

Years
Geez. I can't figure out any of these. :( I mean, I'm a bit tone deaf and R&B isn't my thing, but I thought I might be able to guess some of the pop ones if they were famous enough.

Good game idea though.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
So far I have 2, 4, 5, 7, and 8. I definitely recognise 3 and 6 but their names are escaping me gahhhhh. The problem with 6 is that the section's really repetitive so if you think you recognise it and need just a bit more to confirm that then you're screwed. As for the others I have absolutely no idea yet. 8)

Also man this game is awesome. Love it.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I think I've gotten all but 10, which I recognised but couldn't get the name of :( Great round but I can tell this is the one and only week I'll be good at haha.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I can't get number one nor the last two. The first one's right on the tip of my tongue too, ughhhhh.

Great game, by the way, love it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I'm really getting pissed off. I only know 4, 5, 8, and 9, but I recognize about four others.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Nick, you of all people should know all 10. Anyway, I found out what the first one was and there was no way I would have gotten that. I don't listen to that artist, so lol. Had I though, I would have had them all. :( Oh well. 9/10 ain't bad.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Figured out #7! Really disappointed at myself for not figuring it out faster, but it was one of the ones that I recognized, at the very least?

Edit: Figured out #3!
Edit2: I know WHO #1 is, but I don't know what song it is from. WHAAH!

Last edited by a moderator:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm still having a hard time getting number 1! Argh!Wish I had a hint or two... :( I think I know them all except I'm sort of unsure about my answer for #9 and #2 being right.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I'm still having a hard time getting number 1! Argh!Wish I had a hint or two... :( I think I know them all except I'm sort of unsure about my answer for #9 and #2 being right.

I might consider giving out a hint on the really tough ones near the end of the week, but that's to be seen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back