• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Will 5th gen still be relevant?

Zebz213

Travelling Insomniac
Years
Gen VI will probably be the most played after it is released, but people are still going to do various challenging runs on Gen V and as long as Trade Shops exist, Gen V will always be relevant.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 1, 2019
Well, you can at least count us in.
I don't have enough money to buy a 3DS yet, so I'll stick with BW2 for another year maybe haha...
peace!

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
I believe they are still relevant, koff~

Keep in mind that the new Pokemon Bank can transfer Pokemon from Pokemon Versions Black and White without much hassle. This gives it the opportunity to continue being relevant in the eyes of many. Some people still play old arcade games (myself included) so I can hardly believe Pokemon that are prevalent in certain regions to become obsolete. Big note: Pokemon Versions Black and White are the only way to bring your Gameboy Advance Pokemon with you to Pokemon Versions X & Y. Think about that, koffi~

Sirfetch’d

I think people will always play 5th gen games and honestly, no generation goes completely irrelevant. For example, people still play the original games even all of these years later so I fully expect 5th gen games to be played and widely popular as well.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2019
I sure hope so because Gen 5 is my favorite Generation (Despite my hype for G6). I'm sure it'll still be relevant. It may be seen as special because it is the last Pokémon game for the DS which is pretty bittersweet in my opinion. I know I'm going to be playing them for a while. c:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Of course as soon as x/y come out the 5th gen is going to be left aside for a while, but as many have said before me, no generation goes forgotten, and of course people will keep plying BW/BW2, me included. Heck, i still play Red and Blue from time to time!

kay3o

B)
Years
I personally haven't finished White 2 yet, I'm right at the Elite Four too..

I'm just so hyped for X & Y haha.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Considerning people can't RNG as successfully on a 3DS or even the 3DS games, 5th Gen games will still be relevant for breeding perfect IV Pokemon. The attacks may be out of date, but breeding for those perfect IVs then transferring the babies over to Gen 6 will make Gen 5 a must keep for some players.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm still hyped about XY, but with that, I've prompted myself to play White 2 while I wait to buy my own copy. For nostalgia purposes, I'll still play Unova, but I have to remember the fact that 5th Gen gameplay will never be the same as 6th Gen gameplay and everything will be so much different in terms of competitiveness.

Back