• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Down with the Crown (Rated M) (OOC/SU)

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
That sounds good. Not rushing you, but when will you have the decisions? :o

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
A couple more days, at the least. School is kicking my ass right now (who knew arguing your point of view would be so HARD?), so Yellow would probably be better for this sort of question, as busy as she is with having assumed the reins of Trainer Academy.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
The way we're operating now we're taking our time waiting in favor of making good choices. It will however be decided "soon". When we do finally pick, I will personally send VMs to those picked to let them know in addition to posting in this thread.

We're taking our time now, but when it starts, it will /start/.

...You're also all free to ask me what I think of your app in the meantime if you are especially dedicated. (In PRIVATE) I cannot guarantee anyone a spot or tell them how their app compares to others, but I can offer suggestions or improvements.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
New and improved ;O

Name:Colby Hurst
Sex: Male
Your Preferred Starter: Geodude→ Ralts → Azurill
Appearance: [Click Here for the Picture I didn't Draw] Icy blue eyes, uninterested in the world around them are perhaps Colby's best feature. Or maybe it is his cobalt hair that hangs down to eyes. Maybe it is the pallor of his skin, or the white of his teeth. Colby's face shape is that of an inverted triangle, coming to a point at his chin. Standing at five feet eight, Colby doesn't cut that imposing of a figure.

Over a thick dark-olive thermal long-sleeve and dark olive-green jacket, with a fur lined hood. Over his ears are a pair of headphones that also double as insulated ear muffs. Covering his hands are a pair of fur-lined leather gloves. Leading down to a pair of brown boots is a pair of black slim-fit pants that also come with their own layer of insulation.

Personality: Colby a genius. But one wouldn't really know, because he doesn't show it. He's a slacker. Nothing has ever really been worth it to him. What's the point? That's always a question he asks himself. The answer to that is, "There isn't one." He can't be bothered with such menial tasks. Colby remains pretty indifferent to the world, whatever happens, happens, it isn't much of his concern. It takes a lot to get his engine going, but once you do, it doesn't stop. That is, if he does deem something worthy, then he will do his best at it.

A bit of an awkward child, Colby didn't make much friends. Or rather, he didn't care to make much friends. Why go out of his way for another person? That's just inane. The friends he did come to know, are also ones he would die for. Other than irritation, he doesn't really let his emotions show. People tend to think of him as a bit cold, because he is honest, and blunt. Perhaps though, a little too much. But that's just it, he doesn't care. He doesn't care where he's headed in life, he doesn't care who likes him or not, he just doesn't care, about anything, Sarcasm tends to be his number one language.

Colby tends to think rationally in battles, always the best move next. He plans tactics out from the get-go and adapts them as he needs to. He was a natural born strategist, and this is where people learn of his genius. With a near perfect memory, he remembers most things that he comes to know, always the enemies weaknesses, or maybe how to counter their moves. Whatever comes his way, he has some kind of response for it. If all else fails, then he just goes in, eyes set to kill.

History:
Colby was born to a single father, who was very, very wealthy. His mother had died when giving birth to him, and then his father buried himself in his work. It is because of this, that the man has a strong passion for Colby getting somewhere in life. To assist his rise to the top, his father hired many special tutors and teachers to visit him in private. He enjoyed these, as he enjoyed learning. Knowing is half the battle, after all. Many of his private tutors noted how intelligent his was, but they also noted how much of a slacker he was.

Colby never really got along with his father. Their relationship was strained, as his father was never really father. He was just the man buying Colby what he wanted. His father, believed that this made him a rather good dad, who else would be able to get their kids private tutors and what ever else they could possibly need? One night in particular though... Colby's relationship with his father was strained even more:

"You could be so much more... if only you applied yourself!" preached a fidgety old man with a graying mustache and graying hair cut short, dressed in suit and tie.

"Tch. Old man, you really touched me with that." mocked Colby. "You've said this a million times already, when are you going to learn that I don't care?" he laughed.

"Well, sir, just, your father, he wants you to follow in his footsteps and run his business," mumbled the nervous wreck of an old man, "but a young businessman must remain diligent! Keep at your studies boys, one day you'll be like your old man!"

"Huh. How irritating. To be a businessman would be such a pain. " Colby sighed. "Just go away, and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out." he teased.

Colby was called to dinner, and seated next to his father. He knew what was coming, his father was going to lecture him. "You know son, I didn't build an empire from the ground up..."

"What a pain..." Colby muttered under his breath and then tuned out of the age-old lecture.

"Listen up, boy. I say, listen up now!" Colby's father reached over and thumped him on the side of the head. "I spent ten years making this NooSoGood Ramen company, and you are to continue my legacy! This business must be kept within the family! You are the smartest one of my children, if only you had your brother's... vigor about all your tasks. " harped his father.

"Yeah...?" Colby scoffed, "You irritate me." As he got up from the table he said, "I could run this company no problem. I don't know why I'd do something so pointless though." With that, Colby was on his way out the door. His father never did really talk to him about running the company, and didn't make him study toward running a restaurant. With a newly strained relationship, Colby's father attempted to win him back, by paying for a Pokemon Master to train with Colby. The trainer made Colby study the very mechanics of battling, such as the strengths and weakness of all the Pokemon types, and status effects and how to cure them. He learned how to give clear and concise commands, how to make solid hits that will land, and how to use opponent's own moves against them. He learned how to adapt to various situations that the trainer put him under, basically he devoted all his free time to battling.

The relationship between him and his dad remained somewhat strained, but they still behaved like father and son should, even if it did get awkward at times.

Additional Quirks: Colby can occasionally get lost in thought, as at times he is thinking so rapidly that he strategizes a little too far ahead.

Despite how insulated his clothes are and how hot that would make him, Colby stays cool, wearing this outfit everywhere he goes.

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Alright!

...Sigh.

I regret to inform the few of you who signed up that me and LawOfTheLand talked today and both agreed that there was not significant enough interest to warrant starting this thing.

Me and LOTL are going to pack this baby up, try to figure out what we can do to fix this problem in the future, and then perhaps release it again once we've done enough that we're confident we won't run into this problem again.

I apologize for wasting everyone's time.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Aw... kay. :) I reserve the right to sign up again, in hopes to get in ^_^

Back