• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I'm having Nam-like flashbacks of my time here at PC

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'm having Nam-like flashbacks of my time here at PC

Haha you mean sort of like this?

1243594993_cupcakedog-war-flashbacks.gif

Honest

Hi!
Years
WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SUGGEST.

WE ARE COOL BEANS STILL

Ahaha, maybe I should rephrase. As awesome as it was before, for me. Back in '09 and '10, all my closest friends were on here (that I met here). They're all gone now, so I sorta miss them, you know?

It's true. I'm always like.. "10 Dollars? I could buy myself a nice panini press with that and make myself nice sandwich melts all week for dinner next week!"

.. Mmm <3 Paninis.. <3

Ohmygodpaninis.

The store by my school has SO MANY VARIATIONS.

droomph

weeb
Years
Lol I know Deepoo, I was trying to be wittiful. Obviously that didn't work out.

AND WHAT ARE PANINIS. I MUST IMPLORE THAT PERUSMENT GARBLBLBLGH
Spoiler:

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
Despite only being here for 4 and a half-ish years that's still long enough to notice an immense difference in the activity of certain threads. Back in like 2008/2009 no one could keep up with the DCC, and even the Post Your Pics thread had a new page every hour or so whereas now it's just the same 3 or 4 people posting over and over again. It felt more like a community to me then because everyone knew everyone and the regulars really were regulars. Not saying PC is bad now but I do miss the old days and all the old members that went off and did their own thing.

As for supportership, I only did it for the pretty purple name.. which got changed to blue like a week after I donated, which left me totally depressed. Anyone that says they donated because they "want to see PC survive and prosper" is lying because a) PC would do just fine without your $10 and b) perks perks perks, which no one uses these days anyway.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah, whenever it gets into "everything was so much better BEFORE YOU JOINED" it's just like ;____; okay.jpg

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
Whoa, that's so not true. You know how half the time PC doesn't even load? It's because we don't have the money for better server hardware. We barely have enough to keep PC up, and a big chunk of that comes from supporter donations.
I wouldn't know about PC not loading because I haven't been here for a good year and a half. Money never really stopped the frequent database errors I remember so well a couple years ago.

Years
well stop making us jelly prettyplz :)

2nd'd

How's about, no one leaves PC EVER! Starting...
Now!
I'm sure that'll fix the whole community issue.

Also I'm waiting for mum to sign over my bank account details before I start supporting PC. She manages a bank so she's kind of, you know, about money..

In other news, just got my mother to spend over $300 in clothes for me. You have no idea how much a relief that is when I'm starting Uni next year, (Or maybe you do) still exciting wither way.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Clothes are so expensive, it took me until I started buying fashionable things to notice ;o;

Years
Clothes are so expensive, it took me until I started buying fashionable things to notice ;o;

I noticed that if you're buying things that are like only just 'out of style' they have a lot more specials on. So I've adopted the "Too late to be trendy" look and for $300 bucks I got a pair of street shoes, some dress shoes, a dress shirt and tie, 4 pairs of pants, two t-shirts and a beanie. Ily my mum.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Just remember, things are always the best when you just joined it. It's true for forums. It's true for games. The only exception is maybe school (people have a tendency to say, they like grade 12/13 more than grade 8/9 in high school.)

Of course I liked it most when we just moved to this server and that particular 10 month period, but that's cause I'm mega biased for that stage of my life ^___________^;;

Part of the spending issue is when you fill out those tax forms... all those money that you made, and gov't takes a huge portion. You really REALLY don't want to spend anything. My only major weakness is sour gummy coke bottle candy... I need them during work to live through the day lol.

Years
My favorite era on PC is whenever the TCG section is buzzing with activity.

Clothes are so freaking expensive for a guy of my proportions, and are freaking hard to find. If I were any taller I'd have to shop at a specialty store or otherwise have my clothes custom-made. American size 13-Wide shoes and American size 36/34 pants are hard to find at just about any department store, be it upscale like Nordstrom, mid-range like Kohl's, or discount like Wal-Mart. Finding a comfortable pair in a style I like makes it considerably more difficult, with my choices already being limited to 3 or 4 pairs before style is factored in. I mean, I spent $75 just for a pair of pants and a pair of shoes that fit last time I went clothes shopping.

ruby

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Money never really stopped the frequent database errors I remember so well a couple years ago.
To conclude that the money wasn't doing anything based on the fact that the DB errors didn't stop would be silly. Without the money it would likely only have been worse.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Nope. The fact that the name of this place is "PC" means that there is database error by default.

I don't remember a time when the TCG is all that buzzing with activity... it's a fun game and I know a bit about it, but all TCGs like MTG and whatnot are just so pricy. Yes yes I'm dirt poor and is a total penny pincher ._.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Surprisingly, even though I didn't get a job until last week, I have never been that cheap. mainly because I always preferred to save and then spend the money on whatever I liked (magazines, good food, games, books...), while most of my friends spent all of it on drinks every weekend. Now I've got a repitation of going to expensive places to eat whenever I can, while I mock them saying that they prefer having an expensive bottle of whiskey instead.

Also, whoever asked "what is a panini", behold:

Spoiler:

ruby

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Blllararaaghghg, I'm so hungry. Dammit Went. D;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back